Sign in to follow this  
Stradlater

Homosexuals in Family

Interesting debate going on in the other thread with some good points raised by both the sides (apart from absolute drivel by Franco but we won't get to that).

Which got me thinking(and this one is for the pro gay group) would you be fine if someone from your family let's say a son or a daughter come out to you as a homosexual? Would you be willing to support them through thick and thin in case that happens? 

Honestly I for one would be absolutely horrified. I have no issues with others being gay and welcome the decision of Supreme Court but dont think it would mean the same to me if the person is a close family member.

Now I know I might come across as a big hypocrite here but honestly that's how it is for me and I'm sure for many Indians.

What's your take on it @beetle @Sachinism @Nikhil_cric @Muloghonto @UrmiSinhaRay ICF's resident gay supporters?

Also fence sitters like @coffee_rules and @rkt.india

@Stradlater My views on this are pretty consistent I suppose. If I become a parent in the near future I will definitely raise my son as a son should be and a daughter as a daughter should be until the age of 18. I personally don't believe in the "gender is a construct" feminist bullshit. If , on approaching adulthood, they turn out to be homosexual I would accept them just the same. They would be my children and I can love them no less no matter what they are. 

I am not a fence sitter, I will not support their victimization as being done by libs, but won't condone any acts of discrimination or persecution. 

As far as family is concerned, I will be horrified to think about it, but will always support them. Who can desert their own family, unless it is for any criminal act. I will not be a dhrithrasthra and accept adharma

Edited by coffee_rules

Interesting. I suppose you guys have urban based families hence less chances of opposition in such circumstances.

I on the other hand come from a rural background with most of my family living in the village. Even the idea of entertaining such thoughts is scary.

12 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Interesting. I suppose you guys have urban based families hence less chances of opposition in such circumstances.

I on the other hand come from a rural background with most of my family living in the village. Even the idea of entertaining such thoughts is scary.

But if it's tour own kin, why would you care that much about what your extended family thinks about them? 

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

But if it's tour own kin, why would you care that much about what your extended family thinks about them? 

Not just the extended family but the closer ones too including parents and grandparents.

It's harder for you to understand. Cultural differences I guess. 

We have a strict clannish tribal society in villages and such actions could lead to immediate backlash from the elders unless you don't give a **** anymore.

15 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Interesting debate going on in the other thread with some good points raised by both the sides (apart from absolute drivel by Franco but we won't get to that).

Which got me thinking(and this one is for the pro gay group) would you be fine if someone from your family let's say a son or a daughter come out to you as a homosexual? Would you be willing to support them through thick and thin in case that happens? 

Honestly I for one would be absolutely horrified. I have no issues with others being gay and welcome the decision of Supreme Court but dont think it would mean the same to me if the person is a close family member.

Now I know I might come across as a big hypocrite here but honestly that's how it is for me and I'm sure for many Indians.

What's your take on it @beetle @Sachinism @Nikhil_cric @Muloghonto @UrmiSinhaRay ICF's resident gay supporters?

There is nothing wrong with admitting your fears even if they might be wrong or misguided. After we are humans and all are prone to some weaknesses. I am not a racist, but if I see a big albeit innocent black dude in an alley who his minding his business, I will get nervous, because society has stereotyped the feeling in me and it is hard to shake it off. I think it also has to do with the society your are in. If you are in India, you will be more sensitive to what the society will say because homosexuality is not well accepted. However, if you are in a more progressive society like Western Europe or North America where usually people mind their own business and there is less gossip, you may be find it more easy to accept the fact.

Here in the USA, there are lots of people who do not accept homosexuality and religious types think it is a sin. If you think of the whole animal kingdom, homosexuality is prevalent among lots of species. It may be an aberation from the standard man-woman relationship because a penis supposed to enter a vagina, but that is for procreation. It is the society's view that sex which can lead to procreation or any chance of procreation is the normal one. Because religion has dictated that for years. But why does it have to be that way? Sex can be for fun too. If that is true, then why is a man-man sex or a woman-woman sex abnormal? What is abnormal or normal is defined by society and mostly guided by archaic religious beliefs. This is the modern times. Things progress. Hundred years back, women did not have the right to vote, blacks were considered subhuman, etc. My view is if two consenting adults want to have a relationship that does not hurt anyone, why would I have any problem? I have several gay friends/colleagues and I see nothing different in them as I do in heterosexual ones. We all bleed the same blood, have the same problems. 

Edited by dandaroy

1 hour ago, dandaroy said:

There is nothing wrong with admitting your fears even if they might be wrong or misguided. After we are humans and all are prone to some weaknesses. I am not a racist, but if I see a big albeit innocent black dude in an alley who his minding his business, I will get nervous, because society has stereotyped the feeling in me and it is hard to shake it off. I think it also has to do with the society your are in. If you are in India, you will be more sensitive to what the society will say because homosexuality is not well accepted. However, if you are in a more progressive society like Western Europe or North America where usually people mind their own business and there is less gossip, you may be find it more easy to accept the fact.

Here in the USA, there are lots of people who do not accept homosexuality and religious types think it is a sin. If you think of the whole animal kingdom, homosexuality is prevalent among lots of species. It may be an aberation from the standard man-woman relationship because a penis supposed to enter a vagina, but that is for procreation. It is the society's view that sex which can lead to procreation or any chance of procreation is the normal one. Because religion has dictated that for years. But why does it have to be that way? Sex can be for fun too. If that is true, then why is a man-man sex or a woman-woman sex abnormal? What is abnormal or normal is defined by society and mostly guided by archaic religious beliefs. This is the modern times. Things progress. Hundred years back, women did not have the right to vote, blacks were considered subhuman, etc. My view is if two consenting adults want to have a relationship that does not hurt anyone, why would I have any problem? I have several gay friends/colleagues and I see nothing different in them as I do in heterosexual ones. We all bleed the same blood, have the same problems. 

@Tibarn and @Moochad Your opinions on this?

9 hours ago, Stradlater said:

@Tibarn and @Moochad Your opinions on this?

I don't really intend on answering that whole post there as I think you are expecting a post from the perspective of someone who is against decriminalization of homosexual sex, but I never took that position in that other thread. 

I was agreeing with @Tibarn about the judgement by the court ie the reasoning presented by the SC for why it should be decriminalized, not the decriminalization itself... I am all for decriminalization, but not with the reasoning the SC provided as it sets the wrong judicial precedent.

I am guessing @Tibarn has the same opinion but I don't know, so you can ask him 

Edited by Moochad

On 9/8/2018 at 4:38 PM, Stradlater said:

By supporting them what you mean.Organising a traditional grand marriage like people do for their Normal children or just let them live their life without getting angry

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

By supporting them what you mean.Organising a traditional grand marriage like people do for their Normal children or just let them live their life without getting angry

By standing with them through all walks of life and respect their choices.

Let them living their life is just one aspect of it.

Would be alongside them through thick & thin. I had the luxury of living in a western society for many years and being on good terms with homosexual individuals. One basically realizes they're human beings after all, just like prejudices about race & nationalities break up in such socities. Any open minded person, despite their conservative background or upbringing, would loosen up under similar circumstances.

On 9/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, Stradlater said:

Would you hate your own child so much you'd be willing to disown them?

For me it's pretty simple, it's my child, I'd support them fully in what they choose and especially in things that aren't a choice.

Imagine being so angry to disown your own child for something that's not their choice. 

36 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Would you hate your own child so much you'd be willing to disown them?

For me it's pretty simple, it's my child, I'd support them fully in what they choose and especially in things that aren't a choice.

Imagine being so angry to disown your own child for something that's not their choice. 

our generation might be ok with it ..

but older generation still wont accept ..

sreeni mamas son is a gay and he disown him ..

thing is his gay son never bothered to change his sexuality for the sake of his fathers money 

12 minutes ago, velu said:

sreeni mamas son is a gay and he disown him ..

thing is his gay son never bothered to change his sexuality for the sake of his fathers money 

Good for the son.

Someone can make a movie on this...

Ishq nahi lalchi.....

Paisa nahi pyaar.....

Baap ki aisi ki taisi...:p::p:

Srini's homophobia is hadd se baahar.....

One does sex for fun and pleasure. 

Do you enjoy masturbation alone?

Do you enjoy other parts of girl except the vagina too?

Do you enjoy if she provides you the hand job? 

Would you enjoy it if your gay partner provide you the sex service? 

If you believe you could enjoy the sex service from same sex partner too, then it is a proof that this is real "human NATURE". 

Our next evolutionary relative is not chimpanzee, but the Bonobos. 

And Bonobos are 100% bisexual. 

Bonobos males regularly do sex with each other. Bonobo females regularly rub their vaginas against each others. 

Sex for fun in bonobos plays a social function. There is stress-relief sex, make-up sex and random hook-up sex. Chimpanzees (and even the humans) are more violent cousins, and they do not seem to use sex in this way . They occasionally torture each other, kill strangers and demonstrate other echoes of humanity's dark side.

[Bonobos Make Love - Chimps Make War ]

Bonobos, who use sex to resolve conflict, have never been seen to kill each other. They share food. They are more cooperative than chimpanzees. And they are nicer to strangers than they are to friends. To bonobos, a peaceful, sexual existence is the most natural thing in the world.

Please see the following video to see the extreme of bisexuality among Bonobos (English explanation also comes in this video later)

I don't think anyone could doubt homosexuality (or perhaps the bisexuality) after watching the behaviour of Bonobos. 

Edited by Alam_dar

11 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

1) Do you think gay sex is any different than masturbation alone? 

2) Is this a very big difference, or only a slight difference? 

3) Why society somehow accepts masturbation, but when it comes to gay sex, then they go to the extreme opposition?

1) Dunno . Never tried it.

2) Pretty sure THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE between casually jerking off and going someone's up

3)I think age has finally started showing it's symptoms on you.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

2) Pretty sure THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE between casually jerking off and going someone's up

Casually? Are you serious? :p:

Perhaps without present social pressures, we would have been thinking differently. 

For ancient Romans, having sex with their young boy friends was absolutely normal. 

And even in some Pakistani areas, having sex with boys is very much normal, and not seen any worse than doing masturbation. 

Please see my edited post above. 

And I refuse to be counted among the seniors. Abhi to meiN Jawan HooN. :--D

Edited by Alam_dar

I'm with OP on this. Western countries say being gay is OK and advertise it..But do they think if they flaunt it..even normal kids might turn out to be gay following their footsteps? 

On a side note, I've read that STDs are more prevalent among homosexuals. If there are people who are homosexual by birth, then let them be. Let's not make fun of them nor encourage it..I wouldn't want one in my family or even among my friends.

14 hours ago, Stradlater said:

1) Dunno . Never tried it.

Shut up.   Dont say a word against Alam Dar, just grab some guy on the street and start screwing him.

12 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Casually? Are you serious? :p:

Perhaps without present social pressures, we would have been thinking differently. 

For ancient Romans, having sex with their young boy friends was absolutely normal. 

And even in some Pakistani areas, having sex with boys is very much normal, and not seen any worse than doing masturbation. 

Please see my edited post above. 

And I refuse to be counted among the seniors. Abhi to meiN Jawan HooN. :--D

Aisa hai to phir there should not be any distinction between raping someone and fapping 6 times a day so much so that it looks forced on your dick the 6th time around 

14 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

One does sex for fun and pleasure. 

Do you enjoy masturbation alone?

Do you enjoy other parts of girl except the vagina too?

Do you enjoy if she provides you the hand job? 

Would you enjoy it if your gay partner provide you the sex service? 

If you believe you could enjoy the sex service from same sex partner too, then it is a proof that this is real "human NATURE". 

Our next evolutionary relative is not chimpanzee, but the Bonobos. 

And Bonobos are 100% bisexual. 

Bonobos males regularly do sex with each other. Bonobo females regularly rub their vaginas against each others. 

Sex for fun in bonobos plays a social function. There is stress-relief sex, make-up sex and random hook-up sex. Chimpanzees (and even the humans) are more violent cousins, and they do not seem to use sex in this way . They occasionally torture each other, kill strangers and demonstrate other echoes of humanity's dark side.

[Bonobos Make Love - Chimps Make War ]

Bonobos, who use sex to resolve conflict, have never been seen to kill each other. They share food. They are more cooperative than chimpanzees. And they are nicer to strangers than they are to friends. To bonobos, a peaceful, sexual existence is the most natural thing in the world.

Please see the following video to see the extreme of bisexuality among Bonobos (English explanation also comes in this video later)

I don't think anyone could doubt homosexuality (or perhaps the bisexuality) after watching the behaviour of Bonobos. 

I lived in a hostel and the homosexual behavior amongst teenage boys was an open secret.

I think environment plays a huge role in this. You need something to vent your frustration out esp when you are 16 with hormones at peak. 

I lived in a hostel and the homosexual behavior amongst teenage boys was an open secret.

I think environment plays a huge role in this. You need something to vent your frustration out esp when you are 16 with hormones at peak. 

poking somebody else ka balls are not considered homosexual :p: