Has the time arrived to side line Shami more and more????

rtmohanlal

Yes a lot has been said about Dhawan,Rahul,Kartik,Pandya  and their below par performances.All the while this guy has been under performing silently.

And he is about to complete a round in SENA . No..... he has played 2 series each in ENG & SAF. So all in all 6 series in SENA. The only series in which he did brilliantly going by at least stats  was the recently concluded SAF tour. But if we take into account the bowling friendly  nature of the series, even that cannot be termed as a great performances.Means 0 out of 6 performances in SENA  where it matters the most.And he has  <35 bowling avg: only in SAF of SENA. And at home and against lower ranked teams he has great avg:s .So essentially a mediocre bowler who feasted on conditions.Isn't it time to move on from him or at least use him as 2nd level or 3rd level options????? Discuss....

Shami is probably Ind’s best “most conditions” bowler in tests. But he lacks stamina. Therefore would be more effective when bowling in short spells. In fact, most bowlers were probably bowling within themselves considering Ind only played 4 bowlers. If someone like Pandya were there, the bowlers could have managed their workload better 

Also Shami bowls better in the 2nd inning, which is still to be played :dontknow:

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, zen said:

Shami is probably Ind’s best “most conditions” bowler in tests. But he lacks stamina. Therefore would be more effective when bowling in short spells. In fact, most bowlers were probably bowling within themselves considering Ind only played 4 bowlers. If someone like Pandya were there, the bowlers could have managed their workload better 

Also Shami bowls better in the 2nd inning, which is still to be played :dontknow:

When you are as old as he is, surprised he has any stamina

Image result for mohammed shami real age

1 hour ago, Adi BB said:

Shami is just crap in England because he just can't utilise the new ball properly .

In Australia also I don't think he'll do well .these two countries will be his Achilles heels 

His fitness is his Achilles heel,him and ash are not just fit enough, reminds me of lala ji of Hindi movies with moobs and tond complimenting each other. 

5 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

As of now he has disappointed  in every country of SENA except SAF .Even SAF record is hugely inflated  by just concluded bowler friendly conditions.

Which indian bowler has done great in austrilia? i feel shami he has been poor in England. in New Zealand didn't play much but will do well there. In Austrilia he has been avg which all indian bowlers were.

He still has 4 - 5 years to play for india and has good seam position and pace. We need good bowling coach who can help him out and sends to county i feel he will get better like ishant has gotten.

7 minutes ago, Nikola said:

He still has 4 - 5 years to play for india and has good seam position and pace. We need good bowling coach who can help him out and sends to county i feel he will get better like ishant has gotten.

At this point, it looks unlikely that he would last for 4-5 years, when he is also less likely to bowl with sustained pace .... we may have to look for viable options sooner than we expect. This 2018-2019 could probably be his last SENA season

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

At this point, it looks unlikely that he would last for 4-5 years, when he is also likely to lose his pace .... we may have to look for viable options sooner than we expect 

All of ishant/umesh/shami and bhuvi have atleast 4 years i feel. Maybe shami will likely be first one who will fade out but all are of similar age.

5 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Which indian bowler has done great in austrilia? i feel shami he has been poor in England. in New Zealand didn't play much but will do well there. In Austrilia he has been avg which all indian bowlers were.

He will be in his 40s by then.