Jump to content
velu

Pant is caught with his pants down in test cricket !!!

Recommended Posts

If political connections worked so well , laaloo prasad yadav's son would be in the national team.
 
Why this constant need to downplay the hardwork of people?
 
The world does have a place for merit and hardwork and people  make a name by hardwork too.
 
Dostiyaari, PR , political connections and like you believe, dropping pants and sleeping around may work for some.....but most others come up through hard work .
 
Why downplay the work of a youngster who has come through the ranks....crossing every requirements of merit?
 
He is not here even just because of ipl.
He has worked hard in domestics and done well to merit a place in the national team.
He has ticked every box.
 
Now he has to work harder to prove he belongs. 
Part 1 was written before The 100.
But yeah, why does only one person gets treated as Dhoni's replacement and not others?
Makes me think a lot.

PR and agendas control a lot of our lives -more than we can even think of.
Ever heard of Predictive Programming?

Also Dhoni is there in LoIs and it's hard for him to break into LoIs when Phony is there.
Phony doesn't want people to overshadow him.
Maybe in the last match they'll play together and Phony will hands his gloves to Pant and walk off.

Part 2 :
Not discounting his hard work but political connections and Underworld liaisons works a lot more in the world of Cricket that we laypeople can even think of.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Part 1 was written before The 100.
But yeah, why does only one person gets treated as Dhoni's replacement and not others?
Makes me think a lot.


PR and agendas control a lot of our lives -more than we can even think of.
Ever heard of Predictive Programming?

Also Dhoni is there in LoIs and it's hard for him to break into LoIs when Phony is there.
Phony doesn't want people to overshadow him.
Maybe in the last match they'll play together and Phony will hands his gloves to Pant and walk off.

Part 2 :
Not discounting his hard work but political connections and Underworld liaisons works a lot more in the world of Cricket that we laypeople can even think of.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

Because he has done better than others.

He had done well in domestics and ipl.

These two are the major results that are seen while selecting.

He has done well in India A .

 

He is left handed ...something that the team requires.

He is a hard hitting lower order batsman that the team requires.

India needs a wkt keeper to replace our aging wktkeepers and he fits the bill better than the others.

Edited by beetle

Share this post


Link to post
Because he has done better than others.
He had done well in domestics and ipl.
These two are the major results that are seen while selecting.
He has done well in India A .
 
He is left handed ...something that the team requires.
He is a hard hitting lower order batsman that the team requires.
India needs a wkt to replace are aging wktkeepers and he fits the bill better than the others.
Lol I get your logic but there is more to these things than what meet your eyes.

Cricket is not the meritocratic wonderland that you're expecting.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Lol I get your logic but there is more to these things than what meet your eyes.

Cricket is not the meritocratic wonderland that you're expecting.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

Urmisinharay ,i think your assumption is wrong where you think he is been branded the only replacement among the lot.He has done exceptionally well in domestics,but the recent Ipl performance has surely raised his trp as the potential replacement of Dhoni..

Yes there are things other than what cricket merits,but he is not in contention due to political backing..his domestic performances qualify him ..

Share this post


Link to post
Urmisinharay ,i think your assumption is wrong where you think he is been branded the only replacement among the lot.He has done exceptionally well in domestics,but the recent Ipl performance has surely raised his trp as the potential replacement of Dhoni..
Yes there are things other than what cricket merits,but he is not in contention due to political backing..his domestic performances qualify him ..
I've been hearing this Dhoni's replacement BS around since 2016 .
And no , you need a lot of political backing to make it big.
Ofcourse you need to work hard and have talent - but cricket is not a meritocratic Capitalism like you're thinking.
Else Shikhar Dhawan would've been dumped long back


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I've been hearing this Dhoni's replacement BS around since 2016 .
And no , you need a lot of political backing to make it big.
Ofcourse you need to work hard and have talent - but cricket is not a meritocratic Capitalism like you're thinking.
Else Shikhar Dhawan would've been dumped long back


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

Shikhar Dhawan is riding on loi horse ...his loi credentials have helped him have such a long run in test cricket which has never been his forte..he had been perceived as the Sehwag of past by cricket experts who was thought to be giving us electrifying starts in test cricket but never to be..His strong bond with Kohli has also helped him

Share this post


Link to post
Shikhar Dhawan is riding on loi horse ...his loi credentials have helped him have such a long run in test cricket which has never been his forte..he had been perceived as the Sehwag of past by cricket experts who was thought to be giving us electrifying starts in test cricket but never to be..His strong bond with Kohli has also helped him
Sehwag?
Ummm..... He's a joker.
I agree about the Kohli connections though.




Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×