Pant is caught with his pants down in test cricket !!!

velu

46 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Pant took some catches, but is no way near test quality keeper. The less said about his batting the better.

Has no footwork behind the stumps. 

Most of the byes weren't his fault, but he missed some straight forward takes. A long way to go.

Anyone know when Saha is expected to be fit again?

Saha will not be available until after Australia tour. So, Pant has no competition. Though, Kohli does weird things with selection so you never know. DK will be back

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

A better comparison will be Jos Buttler TBF

How is it TBF  ?

Butler playing his 25th test in familiar home conditions with his team winning  ... doing well after struggling for his first 22 tests.

Pant playing his first test series and 3rd test match ... in unfamiliar swing aiding conditions with his team struggling.

Chalk and cheese.

How is it TBF  ?

Butler playing his 25th test in familiar home conditions with his team winning  ... doing well after struggling for his first 22 tests.

Pant playing his first test series and 3rd test match ... in unfamiliar swing aiding conditions with his team struggling.

Chalk and cheese.

Somebody compared Pant's stats with Bairstow's stats in this tour so I said that Bairstow is injured so a better comparison would be Buttler.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I swore so much at Saha for being mentally weak, dark ugly insults I threw at him. Now I miss him. He put a price on his wicket at least. Pant is young but seems to lack brain cells, we know this doesn't change with age much. Seems like an Axar Patel type of batsman. I miss Partiv as he could bat but his keeping was suspect. Truth be told, I worship Dhoni and have missed him since, ATG in any team, any era, any format and as skipper. 

In hindsight maybe we could have given DK one more test. Lords was difficult for everyone and he did play decently in the 1st test 2nd innings with Kohli
True that.
But the pressure to make Pant debut was intense.
I always maintained that PR and marketing will kill Pant's career before it has even begun

Dhoni/Dinesh/Pappu/Saha got saved because at their time there was no propaganda machine like this
And we too fell for the Pant hype.

Pant had a good domestic season and an A tour and was the logical choice . Most importantly he made it on merit. Exactly what did oldie DK do to deserve this chance ? Oh that's right a fluke innings against BD in the no one cares cup. Expecting a 20 year old debutante to perform with the bat in England against a dukes ball wielded by broad and Anderson when you are already 2-0 down in the series is ridiculous. What are the other options anyway? Bharat? Kishan?

Pant is not the finished article but he's the best hope we have. He also should be playing ahead of dhoni and DK in white ball cricket where he is bound to do better. Now that he has failed in the tests, it's a damn good excuse not to play him in ODIs for Kohli and shastri. :dance:

Edited by Nikhil_cric
17 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

True that.
But the pressure to make Pant debut was intense.
I always maintained that PR and marketing will kill Pant's career before it has even begun

Dhoni/Dinesh/Pappu/Saha got saved because at their time there was no propaganda machine like this
And we too fell for the Pant hype.

Your fear(media hype linked even with rookies) has become a norm these days,most child prodigies come with the media hype but anyway they have to try them.He was bound to find himself under the pump when it was decided he will make his debut in Eng against the cunning duo of Broad and Anderson 

Your fear(media hype linked even with rookies) has become a norm these days,most child prodigies come with the media hype but anyway they have to try them.He was bound to find himself under the pump when it was decided he will make his debut in Eng against the cunning duo of Broad and Anderson 
Well, there's more thing going in the background that even we can imagine lol.
I heard just now that there was a lot of money riding on Cook's century and Kohli's golden duck.

Pant has done pretty well- but the hype Behind his name makes me pretty suspicious.
Must have some good political/underworld backing.