Moeen Ali takes Harbhajan Singh’s advice to spin web over Indian batsmen

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-moeen-ali-takes-harbhajan-singh-s-advice-to-spin-web-over-indian-batsmen/story-Jg9Y94psBn5MGpqo11TZgO.html

“Moeen felt that he wasn’t doing enough with the rough outside the off-stump and that’s why he asked me how to have a look at how he was going about his business,” Harbhajan told TOI on Sunday.

“I told him that he was doing just fine, just that he was trying a little too much to hit the rough. But this pitch, unlike Ageas Bowl, doesn’t have huge cracks, so it is more about bowling on a good pitch.”

“Sometimes, when the cracks are not that big, the outside edge comes as much into play as the inside edge. I told Moeen he wouldn’t get those inside-edge bat pads as easily as he was getting at Ageas Bowl. So all he needed to do was relax and go about his job,” he said.

Harbhajan was happy to see how the spinner bowled on the third day and said that things could get even better for the bowler in India’s second innings once the cracks get bigger. “It’s good to see that Moeen followed what I said. The cracks could get bigger in the second innings and then the dynamics may again change,” he added.