the effect of 5 toss losses in such an important series

rtmohanlal

Not looking for excuses. It is a fact that winning the toss has a fair share of   influence   in the out come of a test. Naturally to loss all the tosses , it adds  up a lot. Even by law of averages  we could have at least won 2 tosses.......... but !!!! Now just  asking .....what if we had won all the tosses???

I think we would have at most  lost 2-3  .Thoughts

Can’t complain. Apart from Lords don’t think toss had an impact at all. Every match was there for the taking and all it required was some commitment and good planning.

Yeah you can complain if India got bundled for 100 runs due to extreme conditions and then England piled on runs etc due to toss factor.

Apart from 1 test every game was 50-50 till we fked it up. Toss probably had at best a 5% impact  on the outcome of all the other tests.

Edited by Global.Baba
Just now, Nikola said:

Virat will get habit of these losses now like others have gotten and from now you won't really see him same captain which he was year ago. He will be fine on this type of losses in near future.

Virat seems to care about offending his friends more than actually winning. Don’t see a ruthless streak in him which is required to be a great captain. As a player and individual he is on a different level but as captain he is very meek so far.

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Can’t complain. Apart from Lords don’t think toss had an impact at all. Every match was there for the taking and all it required was some commitment and good planning.

Yeah you can complain if India got bundled for 100 runs due to extreme conditions and then England piled on runs etc due to toss factor.

Apart from 1 test every game was 50-50 till we fked it up. Toss probably had at best a 5% impact  on the outcome of all the other tests.

This.

Not really it's almost impossible for away side to win after losing the toss.Mordern Day Test Cricket Even Chasing 250 is hard with Drs And Pressure.England were hammered in the one game they chased.

That's what I told initially that england lost because they opted to bowl first in 3rd game. It's like almost lost toss not batting in test match specially you know chasing a target on day 5 is a difficult task. At least now indian posters are realized what I told early was right. Dumb fans, senses work so late :cantstop:

1 hour ago, Lala said:
8 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

That's what I told initially that england lost because they opted to bowl first in 3rd game. It's like almost lost toss not batting in test match specially you know chasing a target on day 5 is a difficult task. At least now indian posters are realized what I told early was right. Dumb fans, senses work so late :cantstop:

As I already said this is not a matter of 'complaining'  because we all know that in cricket 'winning toss' has its influence than in any other sport , but just assuming a hypothetical  situation of 'we winning all 5 tosses'.Based on  the fact that chasing in 4rth inns is a much difficult task, I think then score card would have been atleast 2-3   only iin ENG's favour

Kohli has to start practicing toss because In Australia it's always bat first :cantstop: .

This team gas tremendous potential but the moment they are made to chase anything 4th they crap their pants .

When they bat first the body language and confidence of the whole team is so different 

10 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

4th innings chases are due to loss of the toss.