Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Switchblade

4-1 scoreline doesn’t mean we were outplayed - Virat Kohli

Recommended Posts

Quote

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-4-1-scoreline-doesn-t-mean-we-were-outplayed-virat-kohli/story-uvwSldWQVTliT6NeZdzJtK.html

 

“I think the 1-4 scoreline is a fair one as England played better than us but we were not outplayed barring the Lord’s Test,” Kohli said at the post-match presentation ceremony.

 

“This has been a great advert for Test cricket. The fans will come and watch if both teams play for a win. The basic idea was to go out there and play the cricket we are supposed to do,” he said.

 

“England are a professional side and we realised that the game could change with in two-three overs,” Kohli said.

“England also don’t go for draws and they played fearless cricket and so did we. That is why you won’t see draws in these kind of series.”

“Pant showed a lot of grit and character. We have character in the team and we just need some experience. When you get into a zone when you are not thinking about the result, things go your way,” he said.

“I think a lot of credit has to go to the two young guys (Rahul and Pant),” Kohli said.

“I am delighted for both the guys and it speaks of India’s future. We did not take our opportunities.”

 

“We can take a lot of heart from this but we need to apply ourselves better the next time around,” he said.

“There is a reason why we voted Sam (Curran) to be the Man of the series. It takes character to come in and play like that. He put England forward in the 1st and 4th Test match.”

The Indian skipper vouched for result-oriented pitches in Test matches like this series has provided.

“There should be exciting pitches all over. The crowd wants results and its good for the game,” he said.

As a parting shot, the Indian captain congratulated Alastair on completing a glorious cricketing career.

“Just one word for Cook. You have had a great career. All the best for all your future endeavours,” Kohli signed off.

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

"A lot of teams in the past basically have given up but we did not do so... look we don't think like people on the outside I have said before and again. 

Ofcourse, you don't think like people on outside because you live in f***** bubble created by you and your bewda cheerleader. 

Share this post


Link to post

Very dangerous signs for India. I see some overzealous fans creating threads about WI tour team selection and Aussie tour selection, but if this is the attitude of this arrogant prick, I am afraid we are going to lose badly.

 

You only learn from your mistakes, but the first part is, you need to acknowledge your mistakes and your defeats. This prick is not ready to acknowledge defeat.

Share this post


Link to post

Yet another horrible away tour ends for India. Result was anyway predicted before start of the series.but some dumb fans were over animated before start of this series due to better performance in last SA series and saw this series was a walking in park. They have to belive SA was a depleted side and India was lucky enough to beat ODI series. But with current form, England is the team to beat. England narrowly lost the t20 series as well. There are lot of positives for India. Kohli, Rahul, pujara, pant coming to runs, bumrah bowled well, etc. India need to fill middle order with real test material they had in early 2000. Boy, that Indian team was the dominators. Wait for another England tour of India. Good luck :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post

idk why india has such a defeatist mindset where after every overseas tour where they lose, its always ''look at the positives''. This happened against AUS in 2014, SA in 2017 and now here. Why do they have such low expectations that they just need to compete? India has more double the population of all cricketing teams combined, and its the only sport india is good at while AUS has 3 sports, SA NZ have rugby and ENG has football and rugby too. So how is it too much to expect india to win overseas and not be satisfied with ''competing''? Youll never hear AUS or SA saying that

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, swapnil123 said:

idk why india has such a defeatist mindset where after every overseas tour where they lose, its always ''look at the positives''. This happened against AUS in 2014, SA in 2017 and now here. Why do they have such low expectations that they just need to compete? India has more double the population of all cricketing teams combined, and its the only sport india is good at while AUS has 3 sports, SA NZ have rugby and ENG has football and rugby too. So how is it too much to expect india to win overseas and not be satisfied with ''competing''? Youll never hear AUS or SA saying that

With Kohli talking a lot about this team wanting to win abroad, etc I thought he had finally managed to instill a ruthless, competitive streak in this team. But he turned out to be a massive disappointment with the same old loser mentality.

Share this post


Link to post

This is why there is no hope. Bubble boy lashed at a journalist when he said he did not think this was the best Indian team in 15 years. Are you f-ing kidding me? This is Trump like delusion. This team can’t even lick the arses of the Indian team that won in England, NZ and drew in SA from 2007-2011. That team had Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman. Bewda has done a solid brainwash on the Bubble Boy!

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

This is why there is no hope. Bubble boy lashed at a journalist when he said he did not think this was the best Indian team in 15 years. Are you f-ing kidding me? This is Trump like delusion. This team can’t even lick the arses of the Indian team that won in England, NZ and drew in SA from 2007-2011. That team had Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman. Bewda has done a solid brainwash on the Bubble Boy!

Bubble boy is not as dumb as he acts. Remember how he arrogantly asked a reporter how many matches his team had won during a subcontinental series? Now he says scoreline doesn't matter, fighting hard to only lose in the end is okay. Despite recent pathetic losses, he says this crap with the same old arrogance he had when the team was winning a lot. This is very scary!

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Very dangerous signs for India. I see some overzealous fans creating threads about WI tour team selection and Aussie tour selection, but if this is the attitude of this arrogant prick, I am afraid we are going to lose badly.

 

You only learn from your mistakes, but the first part is, you need to acknowledge your mistakes and your defeats. This prick is not ready to acknowledge defeat.

Absolutely .they dont even acknowledge the mistakes. 

I am pretty sure their meetings be like "we fought hard ,we kept going,we were close ,that's enough for the fans " lol 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lala said:

Yet another horrible away tour ends for India. Result was anyway predicted before start of the series.but some dumb fans were over animated before start of this series due to better performance in last SA series and saw this series was a walking in park. They have to belive SA was a depleted side and India was lucky enough to beat ODI series. But with current form, England is the team to beat. England narrowly lost the t20 series as well. There are lot of positives for India. Kohli, Rahul, pujara, pant coming to runs, bumrah bowled well, etc. India need to fill middle order with real test material they had in early 2000. Boy, that Indian team was the dominators. Wait for another England tour of India. Good luck :cantstop:

Yeah, the SA side consisting of Markram, Elgar, Amla, ABDV, Faf, de Kock, Morkel, Philander, Rabada, Steyn was depleted. And India fluked their way to beat them 5-1 in the ODIs. :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post

Few points for Kohli and Bewada.

When you are altering playing 11 till last match of series, There is problem with selection.

When you are playing 2 spinners on a pitch where all wickets fell to pacers. There is problem with you pitch/condition judgement

If a oldie like Cook scores over 200 runs in one match, Or Curran , out of form Butler and Woakes take the match away from you by their abtting, Their is problem with you understanding weakness and strength of a tailender.

When a newbie like Curran and spinner like Ali get a fiver in first match, There is problem with your attitude and prepartion.

When you have Bhuvi, Bhumrah and Ash injured, There is problem with your planning.

I can go on an on and put instance after instance about your clueless captaincy during the game.

 

 

..

And I havent even begun with nepotism in your selection

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, nevada said:

With Kohli talking a lot about this team wanting to win abroad, etc I thought he had finally managed to instill a ruthless, competitive streak in this team. But he turned out to be a massive disappointment with the same old loser mentality.

You don' win with players like Dhawan a meek poor looking Rahane and a non existent batting line up my friend he was delusional if he believed he will win these mediocre players.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, speedheat said:

We were not outplayed in bowling and fielding though,however we were thoroughly outplayed in batting. :phehe: 

i dont think ind would have won this match if we were bowling. ishant's injury meant only 3 bowlers had to get all the wkts and eng bats deep .Eng had much more depth and quality with both bat and ball .Root largely failed in this series and virat performed out of his skin yet eng won most of the matches  ,just shows the difference between the two sides in these conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Adi BB said:

@Switchblade kaptaan and coach are seriously deluded .Even after repeated thrashing they feel they were close ? Lol 

On tough pitches with low scoring matches even 30 runs and 60 runs defeats are big enough ,dont these guys understand this 

Get ready for thrashings in Australia and New Zealand better to think with this duo WC trophy is not possible since old men will be selected for their farewell tour during thaat time and then we will be reminded of 2011 WC glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Get ready for thrashings in Australia and New Zealand better to think with this duo WC trophy is not possible since old men will be selected for their farewell tour during thaat time and then we will be reminded of 2011 WC glory.
Maybe 2023 saal we've a chance since People will be angry enough and there is a need to Win a trophy at home.

However , In this last 10 yrs, cricket's popularity has gone down a lot so I don't think people will mind much if they lose the WC19 also.
People simply don't care.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Root on the other hand is accepting that his side is not perfect

We're not the perfect side but we've got every chance of getting right to the top - Root

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/104025/england-vs-india-5th-test-oval-london-were-not-the-perfect-side-but-weve-got-every-chance-of-getting-right-to-the-top-joe-root-alastair-cook-james-anderson-cricket-news

Share this post


Link to post
Root on the other hand is accepting that his side is not perfect

We're not the perfect side but we've got every chance of getting right to the top - Root

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/104025/england-vs-india-5th-test-oval-london-were-not-the-perfect-side-but-weve-got-every-chance-of-getting-right-to-the-top-joe-root-alastair-cook-james-anderson-cricket-news
Root is a fattu captain but Kohli for all his worth lost to him too.
Wah wah

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Root is a fattu captain but Kohli for all his worth lost to him too.
Wah wah

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

Root is accepting his mistakes and not being arrogant even after winning series 4-1 our kaptaan sahab is comparing team with last 20 year indian side.

Edited by Nikola

Share this post


Link to post

Wow... the interview sounds very cocky... Have to give it to him... He surely must be feeling the fans, media, BCCI everyone is in his control and hence he is able to come out with so much arrogance even after 4-1 defeat... Damn... did he just lashed out at the reporter for asking questions to him being better in last 20 year logic? O man... 

 

I guess they have figured out the strategy to sway the mood of public and fans... Now they are using previous defeats to justify there performance and luckily for them it is working I think... everyone is buying it and feeling sympathetic that we gave a fight :rofl: Some might believe it because of Dhoni hate or sachin hate or such agendas...but if majority is buying this aggression bullsheet and we fought bravely type of bollywood drama ... than I guess we deserve these 4-1 type losses...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Root is accepting his mistakes and not be arrogant even after winning series 4-1 our kaptaan sahab is comparing team with last 20 year indian side.
True that.
Root is not captain material but at least tries to improve.
Kohli doesn't.
I will throw a party the day Virushka gets thrown out of the industry with their sad and pathetic faces.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×