Is Ravi Shastri really reason we lost series?

Nikola

Well everyone is talking about kicking Ravi Shastri but i don't believe he has any big role to play in this team. I feel most decisions are taken by Kohli himself. We all know how pathetic kohli is as captain (we have even seen in IPL). He is most of time clueless about what to do and looses from winning position. Shastri's role in this team is making everyone feel positive and be the cheerleader of the team. I seriously doubt he has made any big changes in decisions taken in the series. Yes i still don't want him to be coach but i feel his impact on loosing this series is next to nothing. We need better batting coach & bowling coach too. Shastri's job in team in undefined (Maybe just be positive and keep players in good frame of mind is his job but that's not what coach need to do as well). Let me know your opinion guys.

He is the reason we don't have better coaches and consultants. Dravid and zak would have been consultants if not for this guy.

He is the reason why kohli gets away with shopping sessions instead  of practice sessions .He only job is to keep kohli happy . Kohli can do without practice but others need it.

The head coach needs to be sober and responsible for the team.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

He is the reason we don't have better coaches and consultants. Dravid and zak would have been consultants if not for this guy.

He is the reason why kohli gets away with shopping sessions instead  of practice sessions .He only job is to keep kohli happy . Kohli can do without practice but others need it.

The head coach needs to be sober and responsible for the team.

Okay for that we had Kumble but Kohli sacked him as coach. Shastri didn't say make me coach it was Kohli who wanted him as well. About practice matches Kohli himself said that we don't need practice against weak sides so it's him not Shastri. Also if Kohli tells Shastri that he wants practice matches then you really feel shastri will say no we are not playing this? He don't have that guts for sure. About Dravid and Zak yes Shastri rejected it yes but for sure he would have had a talk with Kohli before this. Kohli don't want someone like Kumble (Dravid is more strict than Kumble) so obviously that rejection of Dravid & Zak had Kohli's part too.

Okay for that we had Kumble but Kohli sacked him as coach. Shastri didn't say make me coach it was Kohli who wanted him as well. About practice matches Kohli himself said that we don't need practice against weak sides so it's him not Shastri. Also if Kohli tells Shastri that he wants practice matches then you really feel shastri will say no we are not playing this? He don't have that guts for sure. About Dravid and Zak yes Shastri rejected it yes but for sure he would have had a talk with Kohli before this. Kohli don't want someone like Kumble (Dravid is more strict than Kumble) so obviously that rejection of Dravid & Zak had Kohli's part too.
Who said Dravid is more Strict Than Kumble ?
They're pretty much similar on their ideologies IMO

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

That is what I mean.

Shastri is just a yes man to kohli instead of being incharge of team outside the field.

Hence he is responsible.

He was made the head coach to take care of team, not just kohli.

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

That is what I mean.

Shastri is just a yes man to kohli instead of being incharge of team outside the field.

Hence he is responsible.

He was made the head coach to take care of team, not just kohli.

Well if kohli makes any random person coach tomorrow will you blame that person for kohli's mistakes? Obv that guy isn't worth for job but if you are selecting him over better person then it's not fault of person who is selected. Shastri didn't force anyone to make him coach? He was made coach by kohli so obviously he will lick his ass.

Also we all know what shastri is capable of when he was selected so kohli surely knows what shastri can be useful for team and there is reason he was selected over kumble. Might not be coaching but to bring positiveness and make sure all players are in good frame of mind.

Edited by Nikola

I think it is combination of Kohli and Shastri. Mostly Kohli.

Kohli is like a spoiled brat who will throw a temper tantrum if things don't go his way. Shastri job is to reign him in as Kumble was doing but Shastri has decided to collect his paycheck and not do anything. Both of them should be dealt with.

Edited by Khota
Just now, Vilander said:

true this is the reason he needs to go asap. well said.

Well but will Kohli agree to have new strict coach? I don't believe it. Shastri is just there to fill the spot of coach but almost everything is ran by kohli himself so if some strict coach takes this over kohli won't have same power and might see things which happened with Anil Kumble.

Well but will Kohli agree to have new strict coach? I don't believe it. Shastri is just there to fill the spot of coach but almost everything is ran by kohli himself so if some strict coach takes this over kohli won't have same power and might see things which happened with Anil Kumble.

Who gives a frick about what kohli thinks. he needs to perform and do his job.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

basically twist is this

Shastri has always been incompetent so he is not the real reason for the loss.

reality,

boss he is incompetent so is one of the contributing factors so sorry he can go :laugh:

Kohli cleverly has diverted all the eyes to Shastri so that his incompetencies can be hidden. Let's see how long this can go on..

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Who gives a frick about what kohli thinks. he needs to perform and do his job.

Well even after this looses shastri is going no where. Point of the thread was that shastri is just there to fill the spot of coach nothing else. We lost cause of poor batting & bowling sometimes. Captaincy have been poor too. Selections of XI are done by Kohli himself and those went pretty wrong at lords and many other times this year.

Well even after this looses shastri is going no where. Point of the thread was that shastri is just there to fill the spot of coach nothing else. We lost cause of poor batting & bowling sometimes. Captaincy have been poor too. Selections of XI are done by Kohli himself and those went pretty wrong at lords and many other times this year.

Therein lies the problem with Indian cricket if this phateechar is not fired.

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

sure..players play and coaches coach.

find out who did not do their job and drop them

its like this.

vijay - done

dhawan - still there

Sashtri- still there

banghar - still there

2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Frankly he should continue till next year there is no point having a new coach now with just 10 months left for the WC if we lose the WC there will be huge uproar and coach will get blamed as well.

Just now, Khota said:

Therein lies the problem with Indian cricket if this phateechar is not fired.

I felt that Kohli is backing Shastri's statement about being best Indian team of last 20 years so i don't really feel kohli has issues with Shastri even after loss and about other players who even care about their opinions?