zen

Asia Cup: Playing 11 vs Pak

Asia Cup is a meaningless tournament for me. How many times have we played SL and BD recently in some kind of format :yawn2: .... We have not played Pak much so may be those games could spark interest .... what would be your playing 11 vs Pak

Apna squad -> http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/squad/1158029.html 

PS AFG is a likeable team :dance:

Edited by zen

My tentative 11

• Rohit
  • Dhawan
  • Rahul
  • Pandya (promoted to go after the attack. Spinners would be bowling in the middle overs) 
  • Panday / Rayudu / Jadhav (based on current form or flip of the coin) :yawn2:
  • Dhoni (will play .... could have done a Cook for this tourney :dontknow: ) 
  • Karthik 
  • Bhuvi (Chahal / Axar if required) 
  • Kuldeep 
  • Khaleel 
  • Bumrah (if fit)

Would like to have a pace oriented attack unless the 2nd spinner is in good form 

1. Rohit Sharma (C)
2. Shikhar Dhawan 
3. KL Rahul 
4. Manish Pandey 
5. MS Dhoni (WK
6. Kedar Jadhav 
7. Hardik Pandya 
8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar 
9. Kuldeep Yadav 
10. Jasprit Bumrah 
11. Yuzvendra Chahal 

Both Pandey and Jadhav average 40 with the bat in ODI cricket with good strike rates as well. I don't know why people are writing them off. That clown captain of ours kept shuffling their batting position almost every ODI they played which made them a bit inconsistent. Give Pandey a long run at #4 & Jadhav a long run at #6, they will deliver. 

9 minutes ago, Nikola said:

^^ Would have been funny if you would have posted that ig post of kuldeep for his identity.

Sorry is this something from the ICF Gossip thread? only reason I can think of for missing it. Please fill me up or may be @UrmiSinhaRay knows more details???

Edited by Global.Baba

Sorry is this something from the ICF Gossip thread? only reason I can think of for missing it. Please fill me up or may be [mention=26024]UrmiSinhaRay[/mention] knows more details???
Lol I'm famous here.
But No, I don't know about it.
Tell me which photo and I'll post it over it.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, zen said:

Asia Cup is a meaningless tournament for me. How many times have we played SL and BD recently in some kind of format :yawn2: .... We have not played Pak much so may be those games could spark interest .... what would be your playing 11 vs Pak

Apna squad -> http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/squad/1158029.html 

PS AFG is a likeable team :dance:

interested in Ind pak...and Afg - BD games. will be fun. SL - BD marginal interest. others snooze fest.

34 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

BK too if there ain't no swing.

Grammar police coaching moment: i see this usage from pak users, mostly.

'there aint no' double negative. It is there would be no ( single negative).

It was colloquially prevelant error in US south west among 'does not know better' or 'deliberately incorrect while attempting to be cool sub culture' population, unlikely for any south asian to have it either way.

Does not sound cool on anyone, esp pakistanis. :hitler:

40 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Grammar police coaching moment: i see this usage from pak users, mostly.

'there aint no' double negative. It is there would be no ( single negative).

It was colloquially prevelant error in US south west among 'does not know better' or 'deliberately incorrect while attempting to be cool sub culture' population, unlikely for any south asian to have it either way.

Does not sound cool on anyone, esp pakistanis. :hitler:

I'm from New York homie ... das how he roll here.

11 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

No need of Pandey who has acquired hazardous trait of dragging match till last from old man Dhoni..We have one man enough to do that chewtiyapa.

Apparently Pandey is in red hot form. I read this on Cricinfo:

Pandey has forced his way back into the ODI squad with his blistering form in the A team quadrangular series, in which he made 306 runs in four innings without being dismissed.

Why pick two spinners against Pak. Chahal is a mental midget I'd pick Kuldip ahead of him

My 11

Dhawan

Rahul

Rayudu (ask him to get on with the game like he did in IPL)

Rohit (anchor the middle order and hit the spinners when field is up)

Manish (ask him to maintain a healthy SR)

Kartick

Pandya

Bhuvi

Kuldip

Khaleel

Bumrah.

Edited by Sgattick10

No one knows what exactly would be the playing 11 against Pakistan.

Having said that, the Team Management is unlikely to play both Kuldeep and Chahal in one game, as none of them is an all rounder and therefore, the tail would be very long. Plus Pakistan play spinners well. especially Chahal might get exposed in both bowling and fielding (he is probably the worst fielder in our squad, at par with Jadhav)

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Why pick two spinners against Pak. Chahal is a mental midget I'd pick Kuldip ahead of him

My 11

Dhawan

Rahul

Rayudu (ask him to get on with the game like he did in IPL)

Rohit (anchor the middle order and hit the spinners when field is up)

Manish (ask him to maintain a healthy SR)

Kartick

Pandya

Bhuvi

Kuldip

Khaleel

Bumrah.

Good, but dhoni will not be benched.

38 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

No one knows what exactly would be the playing 11 against Pakistan.

Having said that, the Team Management is unlikely to play both Kuldeep and Chahal in one game, as none of them is an all rounder and therefore, the tail would be very long. Plus Pakistan play spinners well. especially Chahal might get exposed in both bowling and fielding (he is probably the worst fielder in our squad, at par with Jadhav)

Chahal should not be played ahead of Axar at any cost, especially against Pakistan because Axar can hold a bat (unlike Chahal) and is a way better fielder than Chahal, plus Axar is a left arm spinner whom Pakistani batsmen have been traditionally weak against.

It's really sad that we are stucked with trundlers like bhuvi and pandya. These guys average 40 with ball and against quality opposition they will go hiding. With Just few months to go for worldcup i can easily bet this trundler bhuvi & pandya will loose us key match with their pathetic bowling. Any good batsman can hit these two and all workload will be on bumrah and in that pressure he might bowl another no ball.