Just why the heck is IPL giving $$$ contracts to Punter, Pup and Symmo

fineleg

Claiming bump-ball catches is fine if you are not sure (even then the gentlemanly thing would be to say not sure), but when you see the ball grassed and then claim it, don't tell me that's not cheating. And it's not like it has happened only once, it has happened multiple times with the same player, says something about them. What about the obvious bullying of umpires, or using granite (don't remember what it was) or some cra.p that ponting used on his bat?
Ok, so essentially you call Aussies cheats because they have claimed bump-ball catches, or bullied umpires or in the case of Ponting, used a different material bat ( of course, with the knowledge of umpires). If that is so, then What would you call the Indian players who have been suspended for Ball tampering, or match fixing ? What would you call Michael Atherton who used saw-dust from his pocket to roughen up one side of the ball ? What would you call the myriad of Pakistan players who have purposely tampered with the pitch ( Afridi), or have changed the condition of the ball ( Akram, Waqar, Imran, Shoaib), or have claimed catches that they have dropped ( Rashid Latif) or worse, taken drugs ? ( Shoaib, Akhtar). What would call the West Indies player Marlon Samuels who had contacts with bookies, or the S.Africans Cronje, Boje and Gibbs who all fixed matches ? I can go on and on and on.... So, are all these nations cheats too ? Which is why I said, Aussies dont *cheat* any more or less than any other cricketing country. Their behavior gets highlighted coz they are world champions. But I would be amongst the first to accept that their conduct on the field is too brazen, even disrespectful sometimes ?

While you're trying to be a smartass, ball tampering was not the issue for SRT's case and the ICC made it very clear, and RD's was a mindless mistake rather than deliberate attempts like Atherton or what the OZs do (IIRC murali challenged the angles of maggy and other oz bowlers too, guess what, they changed the rule to accommodate them). The less talked about pak the better it is, but doesn't say much about OZs not being cheats. Yes pakis cheat, so do the OZs, what's the point there? Atherton cheated as well, so what is your point. Although last time I checked only Latif got banned for doing something that Ponting and Symmo did as well. While IKP gets fines for clapping, Ponting is fine after a verbal send-off, which I'm sure if Bhajji did, he'd be fined as well. And I've never seen any team bullying the umpires like they do, including your favorite st. gilly, who so often acts so horribly wronged when a bs appeal is declined. He and other OZs throw tantrums at umpires while players from other nations get fined for slightest form of meek protest. If that's not systematic cheating, I don't know what is.

While you're trying to be a smartass, ball tampering was not the issue for SRT's case and the ICC made it very clear, and RD's was a mindless mistake rather than deliberate attempts like Atherton or what the OZs do (IIRC murali challenged the angles of maggy and other oz bowlers too, guess what, they changed the rule to accommodate them). The less talked about pak the better it is, but doesn't say much about OZs not being cheats. Yes pakis cheat, so do the OZs, what's the point there? Atherton cheated as well, so what is your point. Although last time I checked only Latif got banned for doing something that Ponting and Symmo did as well. While IKP gets fines for clapping, Ponting is fine after a verbal send-off, which I'm sure if Bhajji did, he'd be fined as well. And I've never seen any team bullying the umpires like they do, including your favorite st. gilly, who so often acts so horribly wronged when a bs appeal is declined. If that's not systematic cheating, I don't know what is.
I am trying to be smart-ass hey ? Not exactly, I am just exposing your double standards. While you are up in arms, and dont miss a single chance to call Aussies all sorts of names, all we get to hear from you is radio silence on the other players and issues. And when did i say the Indians were guilty of ball-tampering ? They were fined, that is all. The fact of the matter is, players of other nations have committed more blatant acts of cheating than the Australians. And the most you can come up against the Aussies is -- Verbal send-off -- Bullying umpires ( Dont know what you mean by that) -- over-Appealing. -- Dissent over appeals turned down Isnt that laughable ? I aint a smart-ass dude, rather, something terribly wrong with your sense of judgment. Have you ever heard of the team bias ? And more importantly, have you ever tried to keep it out of your judgment making process ?

Anyways' date=' remember what I said, you'll see very well mannered morons in these IPL matches, and remember the reasons why.[/quote'] Who doesnt like the money ? Shane Bond DESERTED his national team to play in the ICL, players from other countries, including pakistan, who are sworn political enemies of India, are going to play in ICL/IPL. Have you seen any Pakistanis take a moral stand on Kashmir and say we wont play in India. Leave that, Indian national squad players, who are so loathe to playing domestic cricket citing too much cricket load, are gonna play in this. And how big is the list of FC cricketers, who had the potential to play for India, join the ICL , thus making themselves in-eligible for International selection ? Are all these traitors ? or money-minded people ? Get real, this is about serious money, Australians are doing what cricketers from every other nation are doing. Wake-up and smell the aroma. Thats is all I can say.

I am trying to be smart-ass hey ? Not exactly, I am just exposing your double standards. While you are up in arms, and dont miss a single chance to call Aussies all sorts of names, all we get to hear from you is radio silence on the other players and issues. And when did i say the Indians were guilty of ball-tampering ? They were fined, that is all. The fact of the matter is, players of other nations have committed more blatant acts of cheating than the Australians. And the most you can come up against the Aussies is -- Verbal send-off -- Bullying umpires ( Dont know what you mean by that) -- Appealing. I aint a smart-ass dude, rather, something terribly wrong with your sense of judgment. Have you ever heard of the team bias ? And more importantly, have you ever tried to keep it out of your judgment making process ?
Yeah, yeah, I have some problems. I just can't be happy when umpires keep handing out goodies to one team heavily almost always, I crucify Chucky for chucking and drugs while I can't do the same apparently for the fat buoy or some famous OZ bowlers, somehow I can't get the reasons why latif got banned, but not ponting and I am very much unable to explain what is bullying the umpires to someone who seems happy to keep the head buried in the sand and enjoy the charm of randomness (even though it's not that random) of umpiring mistakes and OZ behavior on and off the field. BTW, don't know how long you've known my forumming, I was far from radio silent about the pakis and their antics. Nowadays though I try to avoid that because of PC police like you. So your assumption is totally wrong, like so many of your ideas. You probably didn't get it, but my previous post also points the finger at CA too, try getting that as well. Pak players are cheats, check, so are your beloved OZs for the same reasons you mentioned, but they also enjoy the CA's bullying the ICC and the officials which pakis don't.

Yeah, yeah, I have some problems. I just can't be happy when umpires keep handing out goodies to one team heavily almost always, I crucify Chucky for chucking and drugs while I can't do the same apparently for the fat buoy or some famous OZ bowlers, somehow I can't get the reasons why latif got banned, but not ponting and I am very much unable to explain what is bullying the umpires to someone who seems happy to keep the head buried in the sand and enjoy the charm of randomness (even though it's not that random) of umpiring mistakes and OZ behavior on and off the field. BTW, don't know how long you've known my forumming, I was far from radio silent about the pakis and their antics. Nowadays though I try to avoid that because of PC police like you. So your assumption is totally wrong, like so many of your ideas.
PC police ? :giggle: I dont care what a totally biased, vitriolic person like you has to say about me. The fact of the matter is, you have an open grudge against the Aussies, you dont like 'em and If I point that out, you cant stand it. Anyways, this debate is over.

PC police ? :giggle: I dont care a totally biased, vitriolic, red-neck has to say about me. The fact of the matter is, you have an open grudge against the Aussies, you dont like 'em and If I point that out, you cant stand it. Anyways, this debate is over.
Redneck :haha::haha::haha:If there ever was a wrong use of that word. I can stand it very well, it's you who seems to be getting offended by the mention of antics of St. Gilly and his compatriots, and calling me redneck for that because I didn't mention pakis and atherton in the same thread, which automatically means I condone what they did. Nice reasoning :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

C'ya.
Bye, although wish you could answer an honest curiosity or how I am a redneck while saying the same thing (and more incidents of similar behavior) as an OZ (assuming the writer of that article is one)
BTW' date=' please feel free to show me one example of the same player (not the saintly non-cheater OZ ones of course) claiming grassed catches twice, thanks in advance.[/quote']

punter,pup and that monkey symonds shud be castrated in full public view when they visit india...as indians it is our duty to humiliate these 3 b*****ds ...i wud even go ahead an encourage the indian crowds to specifically direct racial abuse at ponting ,clarke and symonds

If Symmo is a cheat for staying behind despite nicking the ball, so is Sachin. If he is a cheat for claiming bump-ball catches, so are Ganguly and Dhoni. Staying at the crease despite nicking the ball or claiming bump-ball catches is not a crime. The batsman is fully entitled to stand his ground and allow the umpire to make his decision. Even in bump-ball catches, the fielder doesnt know if its clean catch or not, so its perfectly ok to ask the question. Only, during certain instances, like Clarke's catch during the previous Chappell-Hadlee trophy, the fielder acts as though he caught it, despite himself knowing the ball bounced. Symonds and Ponting are NOT cheats. Pup has exhibited unsportsmanlike behavior by claiming blatant bump-ball catches, or staying at the wicket waiting for the umpire's decision, after nicking the ball to slip. The fact of the matter is, if Aussies are cheats, then so are every other team. However, Aus can be accused of playing the game in a brazenly ruthless way, that sometimes leaves a VERY bad taste in the mouth.
I tip my hat to you sir! A perfect example of rational discussion without needing to resort to slander. Others on here could take note of this.
Ana, Yery polite request, Why are going down the route of generalizing millions of people ? You are better than that and you know it.
I was talking about the 11 players on field' date=' although their official govt policies would vindicate the generalization as well.[/quote'] Are you serious mate?? That is a HUGE call. Care to back that up with specific examples?

punter,pup and that monkey symonds shud be castrated in full public view when they visit india...as indians it is our duty to humiliate these 3 b*****ds ...i wud even go ahead an encourage the indian crowds to specifically direct racial abuse at ponting ,clarke and symonds
that chimpanzee symonds is the biggest cheat i have seen in cricket...last match he claimed a bump catch off chamara silva
People like you are the reason why this has escalated to this point. Are you proud of fueling the flames of hatred, bigotry and racism? For shame! For crying out loud... it's possible to argue a point without being slanderous and racist! It is ironic that claims have been made regarding the Aussie's intelligence, yet people continue to post cheap shots on here (the lowest form of intelligence IMHO).