I am not convinced with Shikhar Dhawan: Ajit Agarkar

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/not-convinced-shikhar-dhawan-ajit-agarkar/

Ajit Agarkar, the former Indian batsman reckons that Dhawan isn’t quite fitting the bill. Moreover, he mentioned that India need to sort out their batting order in order to taste consistent success in overseas conditions. Moreover, Agarkar also didn’t mince any words in saying that Rishabh Pant, who made his debut in the series, needs to improve his wicketkeeping skills.

“India have got a decent batting lineup. They need to get their batting right to get the results to go in India’s way. KL Rahul’s 100 has given some sort of confidence that he can open the innings. But, I am not convinced with Shikhar Dhawan.

We got Pujara, Rahane, and Virat in the middle-order. We don’t know whether they are better players than that. If India figures out their batting problems, they can win the games,” Agarkar was quoted as saying in ESPNcricinfo.

“If you got batting right, there will be fewer chances to lose a game. Especially, with the bowling department doing well, the batting needs to be on the top. Rishabh Pant needs to get his wicketkeeping right,” he added.

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Agarkar was laying into Rahul on the cricinfo shows as well, before the last innings he played. One got the feeling that Ajit isn't impressed by our batting barring Kohli 

Pretty balanced view if you ask me. Barring kohli no one looked convincing this series. And Rahul, Rahane and Dhawan were the least convincing.

34 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Pretty balanced view if you ask me. Barring kohli no one looked convincing this series. And Rahul, Rahane and Dhawan were the least convincing.

I agree with that, but, at the same time, only Butler and Curran(lol) looked good from the English side. Even someone like Root who usually averages 50-60 at home had to bully us on a flat track in the 5th match to make his average look decent. It may just be one of those series where it was a bit too hard for batting, either conditions wise or because of the quality of bowling. 

17 hours ago, Nikola said:

Who cares about agarkar? This guy was asking about McGrath's ability in asia when he himself was trundler for most of his carrier.

Mcgrath was a trundler and he was not that effective in asia but better than anderson. Also aggy has at least won some matches for india even though he was very inconsistent.