Yuvraj Singh reacts to critics calling him ‘old’ – Watch video

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/yuvraj-singh-reacts-to-critics-calling-him-old-watch-video/story-pzUE51VoKmeWAlplz9s6QK.html

It has been a long time since Yuvraj Singh last played for the Indian cricket team and on social media, the cricketer is a constant target for the trolls who call him ‘too old’ to make a comeback.

However, Yuvraj had an answer for all his critics as the 36-year old posted a picture of his power training on the social media with the caption: “Last year I was told that I’m old for power training and should stick to my normal routines. Don’t tell me I can’t do something cause I’m going to #doitagain till I reach my goals Look forward to start of a new season. So always remember it’s never too late to learn something new and achieve it #doitagain #neversaynever #livedareinspire.”

Yuvraj Singh made his last appearance on the international circuit against the West Indies on June 30, 2017 and his decision to do fitness training at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) at the expense of Ranji Trophy matches went in his favour as the India all-rounder managed to clear the Yo-Yo fitness test in December last year.

Yuvraj has played 304 ODIs scoring 8701 runs at an average of 36.55 and the left-hander has also featured in 40 Tests and 58 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) for the Indian cricket team.

Great player when in full flow but past his best now .... and difficult to break in to the LOI team when Ind is at its full strength:

• Top 4 of Rohit, Dhawan, Rahul and Kohli
  • Dhoni is still here (should be replaced by Pant)
  • Pandya is a hard hitting batsman and pace bowler
  • Krunal Pandya is knocking on the doors as an AR who can bat well and bowl spin 
  • The 4 bowlers 
5 minutes ago, zen said:

Great player when in full flow but past his best now .... and difficult to break in to the LOI team when Ind is at its full strength:

• Top 4 of Rohit, Dhawan, Rahul and Kohli
  • Dhoni is still here (should be replaced by Pant)
  • Pandya is a hard hitting batsman and pace bowler
  • Krunal Pandya is knocking on the doors as an AR who can bat well and bowl spin 
  • The 4 bowlers 

Our current set up can call him back the way they are their love for 30+ players is at another level.

To be fair his age was not the reason why he was not in the scheme of things.  Sure age is a disadvantage when it comes to giving longer rope. Obviously, a youngster will get a longer rope. Once you reach a certain age your performance should hardly ever drop to keep your place. Yuvraj probably is fit, he could still play an occasional blinder. But lack of consistency will be a bigger factor when you are older. Applicable to all the great players. Be it is Cook or Tendulkar or Dravid.