Virat Kohli & Co deserve credit for their performance in England - Ravi Shastri

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/virat-kohli-co-deserve-credit-for-their-performance-in-england-ravi-shastri/story-Bv6ds60Ukt5feTRb29lqBK.html

“We are still the No 1 team in the world. And England know how well we fought. Their media knows how well we fought. Our fans know how well we fought. Their public knows how well we fought. We know inside how well we fought,” Shastri said in the interview.

“(I would be the) last one to press the panic button when I see so many positives. I head back home with a very positive state of mind. I know exactly what we do. I know exactly and clearly where the team is heading,” he added.

“I would not say (we) failed badly. But we tried. We must give credit where it is due. Virat and me were asked to pick the Man of the Series (for England) and we both picked Sam Curran. Look where Curran has scored, and, that is where he hurt us. More than England, it was Curran who hurt us.”

“In the first Test, England were 87 for 7 (in the second innings) at Edgbaston, he (Curran) got the runs. In the fourth Test, they were 86 for 6 (first innings) in Southampton, he got the runs. We were 50 for 0 (first innings) at Edgbaston, he got the wickets. So at crucial stages in this series, he chipped in with runs and wickets. That was the difference between the two sides,” Shastri explained.

“People are entitled to their opinions. We are not worried about what people will say and what they will do. We know what this team has done in the last three to four years. In the last four years this team has won nine Tests overseas,” he said.

Delusions continue from bubble boy and the cheerleader.

Don't ask for it. You will get that credit when you start winning. Loosing is part of game and we are not disappointed with loss but the way we lost and on top of that you and your kaptaan sahab are too arrogant after loosing 4-1. Root must be confused if he really won the series after listening your and kaptaan's talk.

Edited by Nikola

Former Indian captains react:

Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly, who was one of the three men who decided to appoint Shastri as the coach said that the claims were “immature.”

“The best travelling teams are made by performances on the ground and not by sitting in the dressing room and talking about it,” former Indian opener Virender Sehwag said in a way answering Shastri.

His former commentary made Harsha Bhogle thinks the Indian team failed to convert the moments they had and that has resulted in two overseas disappointments.

“India had their moments but the scorecards say 4-1 and India weren’t as good as they should have been,” Bhogle expressed. “This is two overseas disappointments in a row now.”

Sunil Gavaskar who was commentating during the series said that the Indian teams of the past in 1980s had won Test series in England as well as West Indies which was a huge challenge then. Apart from that Rahul Dravid’s team in 2007 also won the Test series in England.

https://www.crictracker.com/former-cricketers-and-experts-hit-back-at-ravi-shastri-after-4-1-series-defeat-in-england/

Edited by Switchblade
2 minutes ago, nevada said:

Very soon bevda will say 1-4 is as good as 4-1 and losing is only in the minds of critical fans, because he and the team always "win" by playing fearless(aka shameless) cricket.

I don't expect much from these two egoistic arrogant duo they are shameless wish they could be fired from their posts.

38 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

So when is Ganguly coming out with another statement in regards to cheerleader and Gavaskar supporting and going against him that is the trend these days.

Ganguly will soon get bored of giving statements. Only hope is him becoming BCCI president, only then Shastri and Kohli will be put in their place.