Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win

Don

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win Yuvraj looked sublime, as if he wasnt away at all. And Ganguly 3 innings 3 50's in addition to 2 50's in 3 innings vs Windies. Only 1 failure. With Sachin and Dhoni in terrific form, Sehwag shaping up nicely and Dravid's evergreen battting India look simply terrific. And not to forget Uthappa's Xplosive innings. Geee i aavent been this excited about India in long time. This is without going to our bowling, 3 World Class seamers in ZAK, Aggy, Munaf and two world class spinners in Harbajan and Kumble who have closee to 550 oneday wickets u have a allround bowling attack to boot. Add in the mercurial allrounder pathan and good prospect of sreesanth. India what can i say!!!! Return of Ganguly has been a great factor i must say with him back and along with dravid and sachin we have close to 35000 ODI runs 75 ODI Tons, 200 ODI 50's and close to 1000 ODI caps Experience and performance galore. :wtg:

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win We still do not know about the WI pitches. Most of them have been relaid and no one can guess as to how they'll play. They can be fast or sluggish, bouncy or low with true or uneven bounce! Our batsmen will have to adapt. So don't have your expectations too high.

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win To be honest the batting is quite strong considering Yuvraj is back, Ganguly is in form, Tendulkar is looking to bat his normal self, throw in Uthappa that can come off on any pitch may be not consistently et al. Only Sehwag's form is a worrying factor but otherwise the batting looks a well oiled machine with plenty of experience, experience players in good form, young ones doing their best. The bowling can be a bit up and down though. I hope Agarkar, Munaf and Sreesanth are going to be consistent in the WC.

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win Sehwag will come good if he gets adequate backing; the team managemet are well aware fo this. Otherwise, the batting lineup looks top class with Ganguly, Yuvraj, and Dravid in noticeably good form. Tendulkar will turn up at the World Cup, so India will undoubtedly be a force to be reckoned with. My biggest concern is the lack of depth; with Harbhajan, Agarkar, Zaheer and Sreesanth/Munaf - India's tail is very long and if the middle order is exposed early on; the team will really struggle to put runs on the board in the penultimate stages of an innings. The balance isn't quite there. This is why Pathan should be given a few chances against Bermuda and in the opener vs Bangladesh - at worst, he is an extra bowling option not worth turning to after one spell, but he will remain a very competent batsman who can be used in different roles. India's bowling attack tends to let opposition batting lineups off the hook too often for my liking. They need to learn how to finish off the tailenders...this is what made the bowling attack of the '03 team so effective - they were able to run through batting lineups once they made the initial breakthroughs. Today's performance hopefully wasnt a sign of things to come - full-tosses at the death is unacceptable.

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win We had Srinath a very good experienced bowler at the helm and in Zaheer and Nehra there was enough talent to harness. This time around Zaheer takes the mantle of the strike bowler while Agarkar has the experience and we have the likes of Munaf, Sree and Pathan that have the quality but are fairly inconsistent. The spin department is much better off with lot of experience and quality. I feel these guys are capable but can they do it in the big stage is anyone's question.

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win No denying the quality of Agarkar and Sreesanth, but they are so erratic. It's difficult to rely on them to bowl a few tight overs; even tho' we are aware of their ability to bowl the odd unplayable ball every now and then. India's bowling attack HAS to deliver if the team aspires to reach the semis - the batsmen won't chase 300+ every game, and long chases can often prove to be very draining (mentally and physically) for them. That's why i am not fully convinced about India yet - an unreliable bowling attack, supported by a very weak fielding unit doesn't inspire any confidence in me - regardless of how sh*t hot our batsmen look.

Re: Brilliant India - Congrats for Series Win

No denying the quality of Agarkar and Sreesanth' date=' but they are so erratic. It's difficult to rely on them to bowl a few tight overs; even tho' we are aware of their ability to bowl the odd unplayable ball every now and then. India's bowling attack HAS to deliver if the team aspires to reach the semis - the batsmen won't chase 300+ every game, and long chases can often prove to be very draining (mentally and physically) for them. That's why i am not fully convinced about India yet - an unreliable bowling attack, supported by a very weak fielding unit doesn't inspire any confidence in me - regardless of how sh*t hot our batsmen look.[/quote'] Can't agree more on the post and am also not very confident of India putting on consistent performances. The fielding part is vital for me along side the bowling. I feel batting will take care of itself, there is enough quality and experience but am not convinced about bowling as yet. I don't quite know how they are going to improve their overall fielding ability but I think this will be one area that will seperate India from the best teams.