What our batsmen can expect in Australia !!!

velu

1 minute ago, zen said:

To be honest, I was not too convinced with how Vihari batted in Eng .... so if Rohit comes back, it is ok too :dontknow:  .... we need batsmen, who when they get in, score big, esp at  4-5 overseas 

even i hve my doubts regd vihari how he pushes at the balls far away from his body n head.......or may be it is to early to judge 

Didnt like how he was hooking as well 

I hve a feeling cummins n hazelwood will trouble him

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rohit has a poor off stump game, although he is good against bounce.

Players with poor off stump games will always be gambles in test cricket, even if the match is in Australia.

I don’t remember Vihari’s batting much now.  The impression that I have is that I was not too convinced. How was his off stump game?

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Rohit has a poor off stump game, although he is good against bounce.

Players with poor off stump games will always be gambles in test cricket, even if the match is in Australia.

rohit lacks patience to, best way to get him out set attacking fields keep bowling tight line.....runs wnt come n he will poke outside, infact if u jag back one in he ll still be in trouble 

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Our batting will do well in Australia.

We are good against pace and bounce these days ... and bad against swing and seam   (  barring Kohli  )

From what I recall, in the 2011-12 tour there was more consistent seam movement available for the bowlers unlike the more recent tour. Those kind of surfaces would still be a problem.

30 minutes ago, zen said:

I don’t remember Vihari much now.  How was his off stump game?

We had a chance to see him in his first test innings only, where nerves played a big part in the biggining of the innings.

He played the ball under his eyes and did not reach out for wide of off stump deliveries.  These are pluses.  His idea about where is off stump is ,  is decent too.  But he often plays with his front foot not going to the pitch of the ball. 

He started defending with soft hands on the 2nd day of his 1st innings.

So, his off stump game is more pluses than minuses ... but not perfect.

But his short ball game was far from convincing.  He was often late on the ball and his trigger movement was varying too.  This is a cause for worry as far as playing in Australia is concerned.

Rahul, Pandya and Pant look far more convincing against short pitched stuff.

Edited by express bowling