Can Shubman Gill make his ODI debut before the World Cup?

SecondSlip

Too early for him.  Kohli could debut and survive because we had players like SRT, Viru, GG, Yuvi, and a peak MSD all going strong.  Right now if he debuts he may or may not survive due to poor middle order and waning MSD.  One to two failures and he will be dropped. Even likes of Rahul and Pant have not been a certainty or have been able to survive for long at the moment.  Let these two cement their places first.    

I am hoping Shaw, Gill, Nagarkoti, Mavi and Abhishek Sharma are regulars by then.

Lol... Half of these people will get lost by the time the next U19WC rolls in and ther will be another couple of promising players.

Let them be IPL regulars first.
I'm waiting for Gill's debut though... Only because he's good looking.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Too early for him.  Kohli could debut and survive because we had players like SRT, Viru, GG, Yuvi, and a peak MSD all going strong.  Right now if he debuts he may or may not survive due to poor middle order and waning MSD.  One to two failures and he will be dropped. Even likes of Rahul and Pant have not been a certainty or have been able to survive for long at the moment.  Let these two cement their places first.    

In LOIs pitches are usually flat and we have a good batting line up for those kind of pitches so accommodating a couple should ideally not present big problems esp if they fire too 

39 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

India already wasted the whole 2012 U19 WC team. I hope they dont make the same mistake this time. Unmukt Chand is the biggest casualty 

Indian team didnt waste him, he didnt earn the national cap

Scoring in u-19 doesnt earn u a Indian team cap, huge diff between two

9 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

True that. Unmukt was talented - and he's no where to be seen

talent alone isnt enough 

36 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

But I don't think relevant people backed him like They did to certain other players

backed him for what, he 1st has to earn a place . He doesnt even make it to Ind-A sides now and even not getting selecting in IPL..

Their are many talented players, only 11 can play in a team and at the end it depends on player himself

PPL use kohli's example but his work ethics n hunger were on a diff level

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Indian team didnt waste him, he didnt earn the national cap

Scoring in u-19 doesnt earn u a Indian team cap, huge diff between two

talent alone isnt enough 

Lol kohli was picked cause of his u19 performance and talent. If he wasn't selected for india who knows what he would have been now? When you get selected early you learn early and become bigger player than you can become while selected at 25 - 26.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

backed him for what, he 1st has to earn a place . He doesnt even make it to Ind-A sides now and even not getting selecting in IPL..

Their are many talented players, only 11 can play in a team and at the end it depends on player himself

PPL use kohli's example but his work ethics n hunger were on a diff level

Agreed but what about Rayadu....how he got in to the odi setup. What is his list A performance. Was it better than Pant, Agrwal or Gill this season or last season.