Can Shubman Gill make his ODI debut before the World Cup?

SecondSlip

19 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Agreed but what about Rayadu....how he got in to the odi setup. What is his list A performance. Was it better than Pant, Agrwal or Gill this season or last season.

Well is it surprising under kohli ???

Kohli prefers experienced players........he trust them more i dnt knw why but he does. Thats why so many came back . I think in one of the IPL games of CSK vs RCB when rayudu made runs kohli said in post match if he keeps making runs like that he ll back in the team. 

23 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Lol kohli was picked cause of his u19 performance and talent.

he made runs for India-A as well and in domestic as well , chand was struggling to keep a place in delhi side 

I remeber him n rohit made 100 against visiting Australian team playing for India-A or Board president and that team had bowlers like Lee, johnson, siddle

23 minutes ago, Nikola said:

If he wasn't selected for india who knows what he would have been now?

When you get selected early you learn early and become bigger player than you can become while selected at 25 - 26.

Why wud he be selected....what gr8 did he do . PAnt made 1000 runs in a domestic season, shaw is making runs everywhere so they earned a spot

U cnt give places to every u-19 players. 

Then why didnt he perform in IPL of Ranji, if u r a good player u shud be performing everywhere

He didnt get a chance coz he didnt rise to next level 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Too early for him.  Kohli could debut and survive because we had players like SRT, Viru, GG, Yuvi, and a peak MSD all going strong.  Right now if he debuts he may or may not survive due to poor middle order and waning MSD.  One to two failures and he will be dropped. Even likes of Rahul and Pant have not been a certainty or have been able to survive for long at the moment.  Let these two cement their places first.    

Then what's the solution to our pathetic middle order?

He had chance to impress selectors in Quadrangular series, but he messed it up where as Pandey Ji was in bradman mode in that series. I really doubt he will be selected anytime before World Cup now.
He did well IMO...
But it was Pandey ji who was the superstar of That series.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Don't think there's any vacant spot left for him, he need to wait a bit. 

The only possible solution for the middle order woes is either Kohli to bat at #4 and allowing Rahul to come in at #3 or Pandey doing well at #4 and Rahul to sit out of the World cup. 

Sharma can also bat at #5 opening a place for Rahul at the top, but I don't think it's happening. 

21 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Lol... Half of these people will get lost by the time the next U19WC rolls in and ther will be another couple of promising players.

Let them be IPL regulars first.
I'm waiting for Gill's debut though... Only because he's good looking. emoji23.png

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

But i think Nagarkoti will bring in the greater pr backing than these three,because i can sense he has the brett lee kind of vibes coming,he will be the next fitness freak coming up the ranks after kohli,India just lacked that kind of athelete for years specially a speed merchant,i dont know why but he induces that feeling, Nagarkoti is the one to watch out for ,he will be the candy for many girl eyes in years to come..what are your insights??