India start as underdogs against Pak??

Sgattick10

Last couple days esp social media all topics are on how Pak are absolute fav to win the clash against India ... go to youtube or any decent sports site its all about how Pak's seam bowlers are way better, how their batting has really come good in recent and how they have 2 really good allrounders and spinners. 

So exactly when did all this happen, was I living under a rock, how many good teams have Pak beaten in recent times except India in CT final? Their ex players like Shoaib, Aquib and few others are hyping up this team like they are going to steam roll us. Maybe they are experienced in playing in UAE and have few exciting fast bowlers but their bayting is nowhere near us even without Kohli. And our spinners are better then Shadab (whatever I have seen) ... this is one reason why I want India to beat the crap out of Pak... some of the stuff u get to see and read is ridiculous, its like we're a minnow and this Pak team is Aus of the 2k lol 

Edited by Sgattick10
13 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Dint D.i.K win us a Nidahas Final ?   What about Dhawan, Rohit, Rahul, Pandey? Still quite formadible and not walk a in the park wickets. 

Dk scored runs against soumya sarkar. Let's not act like it was some good bowler. Our middle order sucks. Yeah we will thrash Hong kong. But I reckon we will struggle against Pakistani and probably toygers as well.

4 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Pandey, Dhoni and Pandya are also good. 

Not sure if you have low standards but in this day and age they are not good enough. What has pandya done in LOIs apart from CT knock? Pandey almost screwed us in the nidhahas final. And well dhoni is crap. The only team who has a worse keeper than India is Hong Kong and I don't know who that is.

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Not sure if you have low standards but in this day and age they are not good enough. What has pandya done in LOIs apart from CT knock? Pandey almost screwed us in the nidhahas final. And well dhoni is crap. The only team who has a worse keeper than India is Hong Kong and I don't know who that is.

Pandey averages 40 with a strike rate of 90. Don’t judge him based on T20s. Give him a proper run at #4 and he will do well. No player can settle if his position keeps shuffling which was done in the past. 

Dhoni is a legend in ODIs, his record speaks for himself. At #5, he will get time to settle and can go ballistic in the end overs. There is no way that the likes of Sarfraz and Kusal Perera are better than him. 

Pandya is a fantastic talent as a lower order hitter. The guy smashes spin bowlers so effortlessly. Yes he has been out of form for a while but he will definitely regain it. A lot of people on this forum are screaming for lower order hitters, let’s have patience with the one that is already in the team. 

6 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Pandey averages 40 with a strike rate of 90. Don’t judge him based on T20s. Give him a proper run at #4 and he will do well. No player can settle if his position keeps shuffling which was done in the past. 

Dhoni is a legend in ODIs, his record speaks for himself. At #5, he will get time to settle and can go ballistic in the end overs. There is no way that the likes of Sarfraz and Kusal Perera are better than him. 

Pandya is a fantastic talent as a lower order hitter. The guy smashes spin bowlers so effortlessly. Yes he has been out of form for a while but he will definitely regain it. A lot of people on this forum are screaming for lower order hitters, let’s have patience with the one that is already in the team. 

I'm at a loss of words. Have you been under a rock the past few years? Dhoni hasn't done anything since 2013. 

9 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

MS Dhoni from January 1, 2013 - Present in ODI cricket: 

Runs: 3025 

Batting Average: 49.59 

Strike Rate: 87.37 

Insult to label Sarfraz, Mushfiqur and Kusal Perera as better players than Dhoni. 

You're insulting me here by wasting my damn time. Do you understand what strike rate is?  Go look at the last 3/4 years. Dhoni has edge in average because he plays for not outs but everyone edges him in s/r.

And try to filter by chasing if you can. Dhoni has embarssing strike rate while chasing. Stop living in 2012. This is 2018 and dhoni is not good enough. He wasn't good enough in 2014. He wasn't good enough in 2015. He wasn't good enough in 2016. He wasn't good enough in 2017. Hes not good enough this year and he sure as hell won't be good enough next year.

Now stop wasting my brain cells. Go learn how the game has changed and we simply can't afford to have a middle order full of hasbeens who can't strike over 85 despite playing with short boundaries and powerplays and 2 new balls.

Edited by Laaloo
8 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

You're insulting me here by wasting my damn time. Do you understand what strike rate is?  Go look at the last 3/4 years. Dhoni has edge in average because he plays for not outs but everyone edges him in s/r.

And try to filter by chasing if you can. Dhoni has embarssing strike rate while chasing. Stop living in 2012. This is 2018 and dhoni is not good enough. He wasn't good enough in 2014. He wasn't good enough in 2015. He wasn't good enough in 2016. He wasn't good enough in 2017. Hes not good enough this year and he sure as hell won't be good enough next year.

Now stop wasting my brain cells. Go learn how the game has changed and we simply can't afford to have a middle order full of hasbeens who can't strike over 85 despite playing with short boundaries and powerplays and 2 new balls.

I also want Dhoni to be phased out of ODIs soon and the selectors to start grooming Pant, Kishan, Samson and Jagadeesan.

I mean he has nothing left to prove in ODIs now since he just recently broke the 10K runs mark. 

But Dhoni is not a total tailender like you are making him look like. 

2 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Last couple days esp social media all topics are on how Pak are absolute fav to win the clash against India ... go to youtube or any decent sports site its all about how Pak's seam bowlers are way better, how their batting has really come good in recent and how they have 2 really good allrounders and spinners. 

So exactly when did all this happen, was I living under a rock, how many good teams have Pak beaten in recent times except India in CT final? Their ex players like Shoaib, Aquib and few others are hyping up this team like they are going to steam roll us. Maybe they are experienced in playing in UAE and have few exciting fast bowlers but their bayting is nowhere near us even without Kohli. And our spinners are better then Shadab (whatever I have seen) ... this is one reason why I want India to beat the crap out of Pak... some of the stuff u get to see and read is ridiculous, its like we're a minnow and this Pak team is Aus of the 2k lol 

That’s true familiarity with conditions fresh thinking and new young energetic players and a good lower order batting department with India batting ends with openers and rest are tailenders.They have an actual coaching staff with a professional coach while we have a staff that has to drive Cheerleader coach to drinking bars and carry him to his room when he gets wasted.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

SRs while chasing against non-minnows post 2015 WC.

28c1a417-ed03-499f-b6b6-7fadef41e691.png