Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

I hate tomatoes !!!

Recommended Posts

I put tomatoes in all that I cook even in Dosas, sometimes! I want to make it part of every constitution so that for every dish made in every home should have tomatoes in them. Love it to bits, literally!

 

@velu, you will not get Colon Cancer, if you them in abundance. Ye Dekho..

 

"And it appears that Lycopene may be able to turn on the brakes and thus effect this runaway cancer cell growth. ... By the way, the most common cancers today are breast, colon and prostate cancers! Tomatoes to the rescue! However, Lycopene has been most widely studied for its effects on prostate cancer cells."
Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sachinism said:

Oh man, you're missing out. Tomatoes are amazing. As mentioned by Zen, essential to Italian cuisine. 

TBH it's fair necessary in a lot of Indian dishes too

TBH, I hate when tomatoes are boiled, smashed to pulp. They are much more tasty when under-cooked or raw, retain it's flavor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

TBH, I hate when tomatoes are boiled, smashed to pulp. They are much more tasty when under-cooked or raw, retain it's flavor.

 

 

i think we have opposite taste when comes to tomatoes :p:

i like tomato sambar , but hate raw tomatoes..

 

i really love raw mangoes ( eps parrot nose mangoes )  , what about you ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, velu said:

 

i think we have opposite taste when comes to tomatoes :p:

i like tomato sambar , but hate raw tomatoes..

 

i really love raw mangoes ( eps parrot nose mangoes )  , what about you ? 

I like tomato sambhar (I saute them and not cook in the cooker along with daal), but don't like the boiled. smashed, pulped tomato in the tomato sauces used in Italian dishes in comparison.  

I love everything raw starting with Mangoes. Nellikai (Gooseberries). jamoon (fruit), cucumber, radish. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomatoes rule Indian curries,period....But i hate them raw on sandwiches though....

 

Then Brinjal  ...''enna kathirikka kuzhambu'' is heaven...(even though a malayali, fan of this dish..),Bitter gaurd tastes better than Fish fry if its marinated in pepper,chillipowder,salt and crisp fried in oil..Palak is awesome if cooked with dhal..Bottlegaurd,snake gaurd tastes heavenly in Sambhar and Aviyal(A Kerala dish)

 

You mister Velu got the all the combination wrong..Its not the food,its the combo...

Edited by riya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, riya said:

Tomatoes rule Indian curries,period....But i hate them raw on sandwiches though....

 

Then Brinjal  ...''enna kathirikka kuzhambu'' is heaven...(even though a malayali, fan of this dish..),Bitter gaurd tastes better than Fish fry if its marinated in pepper,chillipowder,salt and crisp fried in oil..Palak is awesome if cooked with dhal..Bottlegaurd,snake gaurd tastes heavenly in Sambhar and Aviyal(A Kerala dish)

 

You mister Velu got the all the combination wrong..Its not the food,its the combo...

I hate these guards in the sambhar as well ..

Hate aviyal as well :((

 

 

I think we got 7aam porutham ( exact opposite) :phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×