Pathetic middle order is an understatement

Laaloo

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

How eill we get over this loss... Huh we just steamrolled them didnt we..

We steamrolled them because of our bowling and openers. Middle order has been a problem for years and it was also today. If you like to keep your head in the sand, so be it. Most others here are not blinded and know the consequences of this match and how this pathetic middle order will screw us in an important game in the near future. 

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

We steamrolled them because of our bowling and openers. Middle order has been a problem for years and it was also today. If you like to keep your head in the sand, so be it. Most others here are not blinded and know the consequences of this match and how this pathetic middle order will screw us in an important game in the near future. 

Buddy enjoy the win. I so agree with you but lets worry about it tomorrow.

Top 3 are settled

Pandya will play at 7

Jadhav seems to have sealed his spot for 6. And provides the sixth bowling option. Also the primary role of No. 6 is batting and Jadhav is a batsman who bowls part time. So no Krunal or Sundar till 2019.

Only 4 and 5 left. MSD will surely take one of them.

The other spot is left for Rayudu, Rahul, Pandey, DK, Iyer to fight it out. Probably 2 or 3 of these 5 will be picked in the squad. 

Jadhav seems to have some value add. Hope he gains some form with the bat too, he can play the role as finisher. 

Hope Rahul seals the No. 4 spot.

The only problem is the keeper bat at 5 (which we’ll unfortunately have to live with)

6 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

DK has done his job whenever given the opportunity. Rayudu is a temporary fix..Agree Rahul should have been played.His fellow competitor is apparently the captain. Other than that nothing to whine about..

You must have some very low standards. Karthik scored runs against soumya sarkar and the Pakistani part timers today. He averages 30 with a strike rate of 76. Wake up. Stop being ignorant. Be smarter. Don't have low expectations. And stop sucking up to csk players. 

The hell… DK averages 53.6 since his ODI comeback last year :lol:

And, all of his last four innings SR are 83+

These numbers are monumental for our selectors so he aint going anywhere. I can see our selectors slotting him as backup keeper for next wc already,unless Pant got his due somewhere (may be WI) and paays sensational innings. Even then we cant rule out the possibility of DK getting selected as pure batsman.

4 hours ago, Laaloo said:

You must have some very low standards. Karthik scored runs against soumya sarkar and the Pakistani part timers today. He averages 30 with a strike rate of 76. Wake up. Stop being ignorant. Be smarter. Don't have low expectations. And stop sucking up to csk players. 

Karthik has been poor in the past but with recent t20 performance, he deserves his chance a bit. Yes it wa sin t20 and yes it was against okayish bowler, but not everyone can do what Karthik did. I will give him this series. I will though play Rahul ahead. at no 3. 

Also, Karthik is batting better than Dhoni,  so him there in middle order can help us for this particular series as we do not have Kohli who has been vital for us all these years in the middle.

We have limted options as per the squad picked and going by that squad my order against Afghanistan would be:

Rohit

Dhawan

Rahul

Manish

Karthik(WK)

49 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Karthik has been poor in the past but with recent t20 performance, he deserves his chance a bit. Yes it wa sin t20 and yes it was against okayish bowler, but not everyone can do what Karthik did. I will give him this series. I will though play Rahul ahead. at no 3. 

Also, Karthik is batting better than Dhoni,  so him there in middle order can help us for this particular series as we do not have Kohli who has been vital for us all these years in the middle.

We have limted options as per the squad picked and going by that squad my order against Afghanistan would be:

Rohit

Dhawan

Rahul

Manish

Karthik(WK)

Wishful thinking that Karthik will take the gloves.. 

MS Dadu will play even against UAE and Bermuda if they were still playing

7 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Unlike you, I'm not talking out of my rear end. These stats do not include the Asia cup.

Screenshot_2018_09_18_12_43_23.png

8 hours ago, Nikola said:

Kedar will play cause of bowling option. Rayudu/Dk will go when virat is back. They have not actually failed yet to drop them. I would love rahul but i don't know how effective rahul's batting will be at #4.

It ll be surely better than these pathetic rayadu and karthik. They are just their to make dhoni look Savior. I mean who the hell select these looserswhen you have pant, Rahul, Gill, Shaw , Agrwal,Samson,Iyer ( though I don't rate him much) and several other are warming the bench.

Edited by raki05
7 minutes ago, raki05 said:

It ll be surely better than these pathetic rayadu and karthik. They are just their to make dhoni look Savior. I mean who the hell select these looserswhen you have pant, Rahul, Gill, Shaw , Agrwal,Samson,Iyer ( though I don't rate him much) and several other are warming the bench.

Not only are they selected but they have csk losers on this site like @The Dark Horse waving pom poms for them as well. How pathetic can you get? Rise above regionalism.