Sanjay Manjrekar calls for India to look beyond Dinesh Karthik

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/sanjay-manjrekar-calls-india-look-beyond-dinesh-karthik/

Play KL Rahul in all matches: Manjrekar

“I think it’s not such a bad idea to involve KL Rahul in all matches that India play. I don’t agree with this Dinesh Karthik pushing that’s going on in 50 overs cricket. I think he’s ideal for T20, as you saw in that Nidahas Trophy and India needs to move away from people like Dinesh Karthik who they keep going back to and people who’ve been around for a long time, senior in age, and still not certain. You’ve got to start looking at young, more exciting options,” Manjrekar said.

Dinesh Karthik was the hero for India in the Nidahas Trophy. When India needed 5 off 1, he smashed a last-ball six to win a thrilling final against Bangladesh. Karthik’s previous appearance in limited overs cricket was against England in the third and final ODI against England at Headingley, where he scored 21 runs.

DK was also picked for the much-anticipated Asia Cup clash against Pakistan in Dubai. However, former India bowler Ajit Agarkar seemed to agree with Manjrekar as well. He said, “Between the two, you’ve always got to go for Rahul. Even if the runs are similar, Rahul would have been my pick today.”

India and Pakistan are already through to the Super 4 after both teams defeated Hong Kong. From Group B, Afghanistan and Bangladesh have progressed to the Super 4 after upsetting giants Sri Lanka.

As mentioned in another thread DK averages 53.6 since his odi comeback and has sr over 83 in last four matches.Also Rohit might have got soft corner for him as DK saved his face in the Nidhas tournament.

So DK aint going anywhere anytime soon. We have got to deal with it.

Edited by Sonix768