Jump to content
OpeningBatsman

India vs Pakistan | Asia Cup 2018 | SUPER 4 | Dubai International Cricket Stadium , Dubai | Sep 23, 03:30 PM LOCAL|

Recommended Posts

The two rivals will square off once again, this time with much higher stakes. In their second Super Four contest, India will be hoping for another W to continue their perfect run against a Pakistan side that is yet to showcase their best.
 Image result for india vs pakistan asia cup

 

Teams (From):

India: Rohit Sharma (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Khaleel Ahmed, Siddharth Kaul, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar

 

Pakistan: Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Shan Masood, Sarfraz Ahmed(captain), Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Asif Ali, Mohammad Amir.

 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe our side must have corrected the mistakes from last game. Indian bowling has been improved and play normal in the first power play. If no wickets given, we could have caught up when spinners are bowling. Also Jadav seems to be a better bowler than part timer. therefore we need to carefully play him. Also lot depend on dhawan and rohit. If we could have taken them early we all know without Kohli how fragile Indian middle order is. Anyway Good Luck for both teams. :cantstop:

 

Pakistan Zindabad :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lala said:

I believe our side must have corrected the mistakes from last game. Indian bowling has been improved and play normal in the first power play. If no wickets given, we could have caught up when spinners are bowling. Also Jadav seems to be a better bowler than part timer. therefore we need to carefully play him. Also lot depend on dhawan and rohit. If we could have taken them early we all know without Kohli how fragile Indian middle order is. Anyway Good Luck for both teams. :cantstop:

 

Pakistan Zindabad :cantstop:

kya hogya tumhe :(( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, velu said:

 

we are already having more than enough games :(( 

True...but instead of making them play on weekdays ( that too back to back)...they should have had it over the weekend.

 

I know friday is a holiday there but there is a far bigger television audience that in the rest of the world on saturday .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, beetle said:

True...but instead of making them play on weekdays ( that too back to back)...they should have had it over the weekend.

 

I know friday is a holiday there but there is a far bigger television audience that in the rest of the world on saturday .

i did some googling ..

in dubai and uae ( most  arab states )  , friday and saturday are the weekend days .. sunday is the first working day of the week :facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

whoever wins here is guranteed a spot in the final?

Yes, as it would mean that only one of Ind/Pak, AFG and BD can win two games. Of course one team could win all 3 and other 3 teams end up with 1 win, where the 2nd spot is decided by NRR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zen said:

Ideal scenario, Ind beats Pak. AFG beats BD, which beats Pak .... With AFG doing well at least in terms of NRR to make it a battle of blue in the final :cheer5:

If AFG wins against BD, might as well loose on purpose against them to play a quality team like afgan in the final:cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ind could bat first this time. As if Ind wins the toss, Rohit is likely to bat first. Pak, after doing badly by batting first vs Ind, watching HK do relatively well chasing vs Ind, and chasing vs AFG, could prefer to bowl first 

 

So a 280+ score by Ind could mean Pak crumble while chasing :eating:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind could bat first this time. As if Ind wins the toss, Rohit is likely to bat first. Pak, after doing badly by batting first vs Ind, watching HK do relatively well chasing vs Ind, and chasing vs AFG, could prefer to bowl first 

 

So a 280+ score by Ind could mean Pak crumble while chasing :eating:

 

280 only if the openers make like 250 odd lol the deranged middle order isn't capable of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel whoever bats second will win tomorrow. 

 

Pak done well is a relatively tougher 250+ chase at slow Abu Dhabi yesterday.  So they will do better in chasing in Dubai, esp Malik who has been having a special liking for India. Also, India is not exactly equipped to set the world on fire while batting first. So unless Rohit is on crazy 200 mode, I dont see us setting a target of more than 270. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

For all the hype up about Fakar Zaman, failed quite miserably in this edition of Asia Cup. Imam ul haq did well so far. 

Fakhar does better when the ball is coming on.

 

Fresh track being prepared for tomorrow so it will suit him if there is some bounce and carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A fresh pitch will be used for this game, with the curator promising greater pace and bounce than has been evident in the tournament so far. That will be welcome news to Pakistan, who draw their bowling strength from their battery of pacers. The heat continues to be the enduring issue, and both sides will be eager to put the other in the field under the blazing sun. Pitches are slow, and swing is in short supply, so expect plenty of overs to be bowled by the spinners"

 

Hope Khaleel plays today in place of Chahal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zen said:

Ideal scenario, Ind beats Pak. AFG beats BD, which beats Pak .... With AFG doing well at least in terms of NRR to make it a battle of blue in the final :cheer5:

I like this scenario. I don't like India playing Pak too often.

Edited by nevada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...