What's the highest level at which you've played cricket  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's the highest level at which you've played cricket

• Gully
    • High School
    • University
    • District
    • State

Just wondering how talented our members are.

Personally played tape ball cricket at university level as a pace bowler, was told I was pretty quick.  Get amazing swing when the tape wears away.

Played with hard ball for a club and found my pace lacking, doubt I ever went beyond 70mph... But I got some in-swing as a left armer which proved valuable. I never did strength training or practiced to increase pace and gradually stopped playing with hard ball.

If you've bowled pace please state how quick you bowled and whether you got swing/seam etc.

I was the captain of the team till high school ( Class 12th). Was an opener in batting as well as bowling. I was sharp for my height ( I am a short guy). Though, honestly speaking, I had a killer yorker which I could bowl any time. Took more than a few hattricks of tailenders. The team mates used to call me Waqar Younis. 

However, I got more into martial arts and boxing later and quit cricket totally. One of the reasons was, I never got taller and whenever I tried bowling too fast, it would go wide.

Not sure where Bradford League 2nd xi club cricket would rank on that list.

Don't know about India but in the UK if you are a cricket fan you usually play organised cricket quite regularly for a club in a local league or if you're old you will have done in your younger days. Some leagues amd clubs take it more seriously than others but in the North most clubs take things seriously and It's quite hard to find a club that accepts less than It's not 100% commitment every week. Initially I just wanted something casual like a Sunday league but ended up playing league cricket every week as I still do.

It's definitely not really a sport for armchair fans (like football) in this country. Which is why most English fans are very appreciative and knowledgeable

8 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Not sure where Bradford League 2nd xi club cricket would rank on that list.

Don't know about India but in the UK if you are a cricket fan you usually play organised cricket quite regularly for a club in a local league or if you're old you will have done in your younger days. Some leagues amd clubs take it more seriously than others but in the North most clubs take things seriously and It's quite hard to find a club that accepts less than It's not 100% commitment every week. Initially I just wanted something casual like a Sunday league but ended up playing league cricket every week as I still do.

It's definitely not really a sport for armchair fans (like football) in this country. Which is why most English fans are very appreciative and knowledgeable

Bradford league 2xi would still be a good standard I would think as 1xi is strong .

PSL winning it this year ?

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

U16 for Bihar and your username is CSK? @CSK Fan Whats your name? Rajiv Kumar Raja, India A player was classmate in St Mikes. 

Not going to share my name as its identifiable a bit (semi-famous). My previous user names were mtc and new guy

Anyways it was a long time ago, around 18 years before. I used to live in ranchi till i was 17

Edited by CSK Fan
3 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Not going to share my name as its identifiable a bit (semi-famous). My previous user names were mtc and new guy

Anyways it was a long time ago, around 18 years before. I used to live in ranchi till i was 17

i know your zerodha tradingqna username as well :aha: 

3 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Have seen dhoni when he was really young 

he might have played one or two levels above your age category 

Played a lot of cricket in Bombay, loved tennis ball cricket, MRI, and rubber ball underam to start with, gully ,maidan, club.

Have met and played with a few Ranji probables,in Bombay, some were more talented then  umbai players easily but saw all the nepotism in Mumbai cricket.

Also played 2 nd team in US ,alot of politics ,nepotism goes on here ,played with a few player who represented SL, Zim, Eng, and some u19 players from test playing countries.

Quit after becoming a father and got busy as well as stopped enjoying because of all the **** that goes one.

My son will not play cricket or team sport, will get him in tennis, I have father and uncles and grandfather who played Pentangular , Ranji and have some records also one Guinness book record ,it is a mistake though.

Dad was friends and hung out with players and ex players and had great foresight in matters of selection, talent and team strengths, used to be consulted by Ranji players and probables.

I personally like to spot talent and more often then not can see the spark,right now see Afghanistan cricket going up n up, sad to see most test cricket playing nation's going down hill.