Captain Kohli is the reason why deserving youngsters are not getting chances in Team India

SecondSlip

Let’s analyze the top 3 factors that are responsible for national selection: Captain, coach and selection committee. 

Selection committee: All over this forum, I see many fans throwing in names of the players they want in the team. Names like Rahul, Pant, Krunal, Gill, Shaw, Siraj, Saini etc.  are doing the rounds. Many people on this forum dislike the head selector MSK Prasad, but they should know that he has given all these guys (and more) many opportunities to play for India A & against touring teams in the past few years. It shows that the selectors are 100% supporting younger cricketers and want them to do well. The selectors always picked talented youngsters like these ahead of oldies. This is one of the reasons why India A has always been successful. This rules out the selection committee 

Coach - Lots of people were upset when Kohli literally got rid of Anil Kumble as coach and brought in Ravi Shastri in his place. Many people are also blaming Ravi Shastri for not giving deserving youngsters like KL Rahul a chance in the team. However, we should take a trip down memory lane. Let’s not forget that it was under Kumble’s tenure that Gambhir & Parthiv were brought back in the test team. Let’s also not forget that it was under Kumble that Yuvraj Singh & Dinesh Karthik were selected for Champions Trophy 2017. Now that Ravi Shastri is coach, I still don’t see anything different going on at the moment, youngsters are still being sidelined for oldies. Neither Kumble or Shastri are responsible of youngsters not getting chances in Team India. This rules out the coach. 

So whose left? :thinking:

Captain - I believe that Virat Kohli is the biggest reason for what is currently going on in Indian cricket. It seems like he has absolutely no faith in youngsters winning matches for Team India on a consistent basis. Let me explain a bit about what I am trying to say. When Kohli became full time test captain, he immediately brought back 2 oldies into the test squad for our series in Sri Lanka back in 2015, Harbhajan Singh & Amit Mishra. Both had done absolutely nothing to be given a comeback into tests since they had below average ranji seasons that year. Other seniors who had 0 future in the team but made comebacks in our test squad under Captain Kohli were Gambhir, Parthiv and Karthik. When Kohli became full time ODI captain, he immediately brought back Yuvraj into the team from out of nowhere. Just recently, Kohli brought back Raina as well in the ODI squad in our series against England 2 months ago, even though he did nothing in domestic cricket. No need to talk about the present where you can see “EXPERIENCED” Rayudu and Karthik getting chances ahead of a youngster like Rahul. So this clearly shows that it’s Kohli who has a obsession of choosing Oldies instead of young talent in Team India. The problem is not with the selectors or coach, it’s the captain himself. 

Edited by SecondSlip

Well, if captain can change coach, and put a cheerleader in charge, change the rules, no WAG on overseas to 14 day WAG at end, and then change that for himself, defies coach in final to choose bowling, shamelessly ciddles Pakistani players post CT lost and still have a following supporting him, speaks like @Rasgulla when it comes to take cheap shots at arguably greatest cricket has ever seen( atleat rasgulla takes such shots to troll sachin fans), then what is left to say.

Name one cricketer who has gone that low. Atleast others are not doing well , because they have limited ability. We have 3 match series agains Pakisran ( Current Asia Cup) and this gentleman decides to go on Vacation. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame in me. Never ever going to trust this guy because of some emotional tweets, He has to gain it by deeds

Edited by mishra

Well, if captain can change coach, and put a cheerleader in charge, change the rules, no WAG on overseas to 14 day WAG at end, and then change that for himself, defies coach in final to choose bowling, shamelessly ciddles Pakistani players post CT lost and still have a following supporting him, speaks like [mention=20971]Rasgulla[/mention] when it comes to take cheap shots at arguably greatest cricket has ever seen( atleat rasgulla takes such shots to troll sachin fans), then what is left to say.

Name one cricketer who has gone that low. Atleast others are not doing well , because they have limited ability. We have 3 match series agains Pakisran ( Current Asia Cup) and this gentleman decides to go on Vacation. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame in me. Never ever going to trust this guy because of some emotional tweets, He has to gain it by deeds

There is a reason I like Rohit Sharma Kaptaan.

At least he wins you matches and seems to be serious while Kohli is a joke whose main purpose Is to ass lick Karan Johar and gang.
Skipping Asia Cup while releasing ad campaigns will decrease his fame even more.
I'm pretty much sure that India will win Asia Cup and then there will be additional pressure on Kohli to win matches
He'll soon be fired as Captain if he fails to win WC19 and the moment his form falls, he'll get dropped.
I personally feel his presence in the dressing room puts additional pressure on players who he thinks doesn't fit into his Bollywood agenda

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

At least he wins you matches and seems to be serious while Kohli is a joke whose main purpose Is to ass lick Karan Johar and gang.
Skipping Asia Cup while releasing ad campaigns will decrease his fame even more.
I'm pretty much sure that India will win Asia Cup and then there will be additional pressure on Kohli to win matches
He'll soon be fired as Captain if he fails to win WC19 and the moment his form falls, he'll get dropped.
I personally feel his presence in the dressing room puts additional pressure on players who he thinks doesn't fit into his Bollywood agenda

Good luck. It's not gonna happen. Kohli with 2023 wc in india i don't really see him giving up his captaincy till then doesn't matter if he wins or loose that's other part but he will captain till 2023 worldcup for sure.

14 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I feel the same. He simply doesn't like to give chance for newer players to establish themselves. 

Good luck. It's not gonna happen. Kohli with 2023 wc in india i don't really see him giving up his captaincy till then doesn't matter if he wins or loose that's other part but he will captain till 2023 worldcup for sure.

I don't think so....He'll be disposed off the moment he fails to win the WC.
Heard Rohit is already wanting to be the Captain and Ambanis are fully backing him.
And that a section of the team is up against arms for him but that's still a rumour.

Even Dhoni was kicked out man- I don't think Kicking out Kohli is that difficult.

I personally think the team without Kohli is more potent even with Weaker batting and soon there will be legit realisation of the fact that Kohli is infact ruining the team environment with his Bolly asslicking.

I won't be surprised if Kohli is dropped before the WC23 if his greed for captaincy consumes his desire to become a legendary batsman.

Kohli's main problem is he's backed and empowered by CoA who are busy fighting with the other factions.
So he'll probs kicked out as captain if he fails to win any major tourneys by the new board.
Kohli is basically too much mentally unstable to be a captain - and given what they did to Dhoni, I'm sure people Won't be hesitant to kick Kohli out if he starts bringing disrepute.
Already the noise is out there that Kohli is a psychotic megalomaniac and piss poor of a captain-his endorsements aren't profitable too and he's certainly not making waves like he did in 2013-PRE-CT finals.

Instead of surpassing Sachin, he now looks set to eclipse Azhar as India's most hated cricket captain.

I feel the same. He simply doesn't like to give chance for newer players to establish themselves. 

Kohli is a person who took the Cricketers are God literally and then ingrained it on his brain
He was always a brat but I think with the increase of his popularity, the fame went to his head and he started to take his hype seriously.

Right now, he (and to much lesser degree, his wife) seems to be completely delusional and psychotic.
At least Anushka seems to have some sense left, but Virat is right now seems to be serious patient of Megalomania.
My friend's uncle has worked with him on Kapil Sharma sets and described him as "Schizophrenic".

More than anything, Kohli doesn't let a player be comfortable and be himself.
He requires everyone of the squad to follow his philosophy of Cocky Bollywood Asslicking.
More than winning matches, it is more important to complement his image of aggressive BS.
No wonder All the players are showing off in their insta and spewing BS in media interactions In order to make Kohli believe in their potency.
Even KL rahul - he wasn't this cringe inducing last year.
All the bad celebrations and horrible vomit inducing showing off on social media is not because of he wants to copy Kohli, but because he is being made to believe doing BS like this will make him get him into Kohli's inner circle.

On the other hand, Rohit doesn't have much extra curricular expectations from the squad.
It is not really possible to change yourself into somebody else-it puts mental pressure on that person.
Sports in itself is a demanding job
Rohit tries to make everybody comfortable and secure while Kohli puts extra pressure on everybody, especially Batsmen.
He understands the dynamics of the game well and is a shrewd politician as well.
Rohit knows what to do and is even more conscious about his image than Even the image obsessed Kohli is.
Do you see Rohit dropping players after 1-2 bad performances?
No

Did you ever hear nonsense slandering about him?
No.
He has made sure he is being put in front as a nice , controversy free guy

Kohli simply doesn't give breathing space to quieter players like Rahane, Pujara, Boobie etc because they don't complement his loud image .
Yes, as of now they're not doing anything - but that doesn't mean they'll not try to take revenge on Kohli.

Kohli is very expert in making people angry with him.
And now more and more people are getting angry on him.

Already rohit has unfollowed him - and I'm sure he'll use his Ambani funded PR to put forward his case after Asia Cup win

6 hours ago, velu said:

even rohit is not picking kl rahul..

there might be few things going on which we dont know

I hate to say, but the way you react to general fans speaks a lot about personality.

Durng a match, Murali Vijay went past us, and we all were cheering. He didnt bothered to wave at us.

same experience we had with Rahul.

iir personally, best rockstar era player to react to fans was allways Raina and Dhwan. They reacted to fan chants. Allways. 

Edited by mishra
7 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Sooner someone takes over from him better it is. Problem is different. Greatwall of China is too big. Whether he is going to accept and work under Rohit or someone is completely different. I have a feeling that soon he is going to throws toys off pram if He is asked to work under Rohit.

Rohit is just showing to Kohli how and why in cricket, its a team which wins a trophy unless you are Sachin.

Edited by mishra
55 minutes ago, mishra said:

Sooner someone takes over from him better it is. Problem is different. Greatwall of China is too big. Whether he is going to accept and work under Rohit or someone is completely different. I have a feeling that soon he is going to throws toys off pram if He is asked to work under Rohit.

Rohit is just showing to Kohli how and why in cricket, its a team which wins a trophy unless you are Sachin.

Sachin - as much selfish he is,  was a team man In most occasion. 

He never made dressing room tense and push everybody else for his image like Kohli is doing .

What Kohli is doing is prioritising his image and brand over gameplay. 

I have always felt like he has pushed the quieter members of the team like Saha, Rahane,  Pujara,Boobie etc out of his inner circle in favour of louder members like Gabbar,  Hardik,etc etc.

I suspect even KL rahul got into his good books because of his Bollywood nautanki and not his talent. 

Kohli (rather than Anushka I would like to say) selects players based on how they would complement Kohli's image and not gameplay tactics.

Now,  he uses Fast Bowlers more because he finds it more glamorous. 

Well,  it will sound awkward to many people here but from experience hanging around cricket circles in Kolkata , more boys actually are more inclined towards fast bowling than spin.

Rohit is of course the more tactical one, but I also feel Kohli is more heavily penalised for his mistakes (karma lol)  while Rohit gets away with his luck. 

I personally think Rohit has started to prepare for the overthrowing of Kohli. 

He has already unfollowed Kohli on social networking sites and it seems is trying to build his own Anti-Kohli clique. 

I won't be surprised if other players too come out with their grievances regarding Kohli's Regine George-esque cliquey behaviour. 

Rohit has a Clean image - and doesn't try to promote his own brand nor forces his players to follow the same. 

And yes,  Kohli's gonna lose his **** after getting kicked off captaincy.

He's no MS Dhoni who comes back with a vengeance and succeeds in his mission. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I hate to say, but the way you react to general fans speaks a lot about personality.

Durng a match, Murali Vijay went past us, and we all were cheering. He didnt bothered to wave at us.

same experience we had with Rahul.

iir personally, best rockstar era player to react to fans was allways Raina and Dhwan. They reacted to fan chants. Allways. 

Dhawan is a great person.

His wife too is nice 

Raina is a match fixer but he's nice too and so is Bhajji. 

Rahul is an empty guy IMO.

He has no personality- he is just another wannabe trying to fit in desperately.

13 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dhawan is a great person.

His wife too is nice 

Raina is a match fixer but he's nice too and so is Bhajji. 

Rahul is an empty guy IMO.

He has no personality- he is just another wannabe trying to fit in desperately.

Your uncle must be a very connected man who can tell you who is queer (Rahane), who is fixer  and who has no personality :two_thumbs_up: