Rohit Sharma’s captaincy talk of the town now; responsibility made him better batsman: Sunil Gavaskar

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/rohit-sharma-s-captaincy-talk-of-the-town-now-responsibility-made-him-better-batsman-says-gavaskar/

Sharma has excelled as captain both in international & domestic cricket

Sharma has tasted success as a captain in both international and domestic tournaments. He has led India in nine T20Is and six T20Is and have lost only two games in them – one each in either version. In the ODIs, Sharma has a success rate of 83.33 per cent while in the T20Is, his success percentage is 88.88.

In February, Sharma led India to the title in a triangular T20I series involving Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. In the Indian Premier League, he is the first captain to win three titles (for Mumbai Indians), a record which was matched by Mahendra Singh Dhoni this year.

Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar praised Sharma’s leadership skills and said the responsibility of captaincy has helped improving the man’s overall performance.

“The first time he led Mumbai Indians to an IPL win, that was his first season as a captain and he impressed straight away with his knowledge of what to do next more than what to plan,” India Today quoted Gavaskar as saying on Saturday. “I think the planning takes place inside the dressing room but that plan can actually go awry and for that, you need a captain to take on-the-spot decisions.”

Rohit Sharma comes across as someone who doesn’t care about the team selections/combinations etc (I am not saying that is a great trait). I think that is mostly Bewda, Dadu and Kohli’s Call a.k.a Axis of Evil.

However he seems to bring  out the best in whatever crap he plays with be it MI or Team India. Keep his calm and composure and make good changes/field placings

Rohit Sharma comes across as someone who doesn’t care about the team selections/combinations etc (I am not saying that is a great trait). I think that is mostly Bewda, Dadu and Kohli’s Call a.k.a Axis of Evil.

However he seems to bring  out the best in whatever crap he plays with be it MI or Team India. Keep his calm and composure and make good changes/field placings
True that.
He's Dhoni type but more successful as for now.
Power mil jaye toh sabhi Raavan ban jayega

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

he would be proactive if he is appointed as permanent captain ..

in your managers absence , you wont be touching your managers setup even though you dont like him

52 minutes ago, velu said:

he would be proactive if he is appointed as permanent captain ..

in your managers absence , you wont be touching your managers setup even though you dont like him

You have a point but he doesn’t seem too proactive in team selections  when captaining MI either. Then again the coaches for MI have been big names like Ponting and Lady Jaya.

Even though there is a chance If Bewda is the coach and he is made permenant captain he might walk all over him and potentially make boneheaded decisions. That is anybody’s guess.

So far so good for Rohit. He should be given captaincy in ODIs and groom some youngster to lead our team in T20s. Kohli is just not enough as seen by many times for RCB. 

Three formats and three captains should be the way to go. 

As for as the speaker goes, it's funny this shameless crook never let go of these opportunities to promote his state players. I wonder why anyone even gives him a respect.