Why are the ICFers hell bent on breaking the worlds best bowling combo ?

sscomp32

World's best bowling combo? LOL Calm down bro. It's pretty good. But we have seen capabilities of world's best pace bowling combo( there were similar threads during CT " killer bees " etc..) where match against SL and Pakistan showed how best they are.

If you don't acknowledge your weaknesses when you are somehow getting the things done then you are in for some great disappointment in future.Bhuvi's lack of wicket taking ability with the new ball is a disaster waiting to happen. And more often than not it has high likelihood to happen in a big game. So we need to be prepared for it. Also what if Bumrah has an off day. Who will take wickets at the front? What if bhuvi or bumrah is/are injured. One needs to have backups ready with a bit of match experience. 

39 minutes ago, velu said:

carried on kuldeeps shoulders .. only thing i remember abt him is he kept tossing the ball agaain and again and klassenn kept whacking him again and again :p: 

he is a midget both physically and mentally

Ya he may be under the pump when batsmen are at him,but if my memory serves me right i think that was a rain affected match and both the spinners were struggling to grip the ball,that went against him but yes its quite visible that he struggles once a batsman charges him

I agree with  velu on chahal .I don't think he's a bad bowler,he's pretty decent but on a bad day he can single handedly lose us matches both bowling and fielding,i get the feeling that he's a disaster waiting to happen .

With regards to pacers ,I think we need 3 genuine pacers in England,2 spinners won't work so the question is where's the third pacer ? And where are the backups?

Surely kaul,unadkat,shardul etc are not the answer 

Edited by Adi BB
16 hours ago, Pollack said:

World's best bowling combo? LOL Calm down bro. It's pretty good. But we have seen capabilities of world's best pace bowling combo( there were similar threads during CT " killer bees " etc..) where match against SL and Pakistan showed how best they are.

If you don't acknowledge your weaknesses when you are somehow getting the things done then you are in for some great disappointment in future.Bhuvi's lack of wicket taking ability with the new ball is a disaster waiting to happen. And more often than not it has high likelihood to happen in a big game. So we need to be prepared for it. Also what if Bumrah has an off day. Who will take wickets at the front? What if bhuvi or bumrah is/are injured. One needs to have backups ready with a bit of match experience. 

Missing my point. I said all 4 are the best attack TOGETHER. In CT we didn't have KulCha. Anyway I am happy to be proven wrong but I WON'T BE. If all 4 remain fit for WC we are taking 70+ wickets in 9 league matches. 

And to all those who said off day and injured. Injury is what lost us eng odi series. Injuries happen. Can't do much. I am saying play all 4 when they are fit. No problem in testing against weak teams but none of these 4 should sit out if fit vs beter teams. Bhuvi had an off day when he got hit for 21 in an over. Returned back with 5/6 yorkers in his next over. 

My point is pretty simple, experimentation is ok but these 4 has to be the first line attack for us. 

20 hours ago, velu said:

i am not sold on chahal :((

if pandya comes back , we shld kick him out and continue with jaddu..

if we are going with one spinner , then drop jaddu for a pacer..

Jadeja and Ashwin also looks good till they exposed in ct17. Main thing is potential, Bumrah and Kuldeep are the one who has great potential and can be proven match winner. But  I can't say the same about bhuvi and chahal between these 2 I would prefer bhuvi but as an 3rd seamer as he is an utility bat and good fielder. As far as chahal is concerned I see him as patla mishra, he is mental midget/   bad fielder/ can't hold catches/ can't hold bat/ bowl at least one no ball evey match inspite of being spinner and short guy and the worst of all is his face is so punchable...

Edited by raki05
4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Jadeja and Ashwin also looks good till they exposed in ct17. Main thing is potential, Bumrah and Kuldeep are the one who has great potential and can be proven match winner. But  I can't say the same about bhuvi and chahal between these 2 I would prefer bhuvi but as an 3rd seamer as he is an utility bat and good fielder. As far as chahal is concerned I see him as patla mishra, he is mental midget/   bad fielder/ can't hold catches/ can't hold bat/ bowl at least one no ball evey match inspite of being spinner and short guy and the worst of all is his face is so punchable...

and the smile after batsmen hits him for a six or four :biggrin:

in england i am not sure whether we need a second spinner or not  ( heard this time pitch was assisting spinners a bit because of dry summer ) ..  if we are going with 3 pacers +  pandya , then kuldeep is enough

34 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I also rate Jadeja more than Chahal. Also, with Jadeja the standard of in ring fielding goes to another level as can be seen in the last match. He increases the energy of the entire team and invariably saves 25-30 runs or involves in a run out.

If comparing is between jadeja and chahal than jadeja is miles better in terms of overall utility. However a 3rd seamer would be much better in eng condition.

Have to say the OP is correct, this website is full of frustrated morons who think that they are experts on cricket. 

I've seen threads criticising Bhuvi, Chahal, our openers in the last week or so. In a week where we've got our biggest ever wins in terms of runs and balls against Pakistan(whose batting and bowling was lauded by the same wrist slitting morons).

20 hours ago, swastikpanda2 said:

1. The bowling line up is against the standard world class norm. Historically, No team has won a World Cup by playing just 2 pace bowler. (Except Sri Lanka in 1996.)

2. The spin bowlers don't bowl during death overs. Imagine Bhuvi/Bumrah having an off day or getting injured. 

3. Chahal is a okayish fielder with no batting and doesn't even bowl during powerplay and death overs. He is no world class bowler either. So his position can be debatable.

4. India has developed a lot as a cricketing nation. You can see now India has two bowlers with one averaging 19( who doesn't bowl during tough period) and other 22 (who bowls during tough time). Fans believe there shouldn't be any place for average bowlers in the team.

5. Bhuvi has very poor stats in Odi. But he provides batting depth to the team. Second seamer for the team? Again debatable.

These are might be the reasons. It's a forum. People will have opinions just like you. They may want to see the team become like the Invincibles Australians of 2000 and WIs of 1980. This team is not. 
There is always a place for betterment. 

Chahal literally got a wicket in the last match whilst bowling in the PP and death overs. Christ this post has got up votes and likes. The state of this place.

38 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I also rate Jadeja more than Chahal. Also, with Jadeja the standard of in ring fielding goes to another level as can be seen in the last match. He increases the energy of the entire team and invariably saves 25-30 runs or involves in a run out.

Jadeja is not better than Chahal. Jadeja averages 35 with the ball in ODIs with an SR of 43.  There was a reason Chahal and Kuldeep got their chances in place of Jaddu and Ashwin.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Jadeja and Ashwin were always average in ODIs. Jaddu Averages 35, FFS. Ashwin close to 33. how did they look good?

But they were touted as good, considered as good by our captain and management otherwise how come they played series after series till ct17. I remember on the day of ct17 final people were asking to drop a spinner and play a fast bowler. But as team manageent wanted to go with winning combo we got badly exposed 

21 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If comparing is between jadeja and chahal than jadeja is miles better in terms of overall utility. However a 3rd seamer would be much better in eng condition.

Yes in Eng for World Cup, below will be my bowling attack:

Boooobby

ShamiKebab

Boomrahh

Paindoo

Cooldip

Backups:

Sir

Chi-hal

Khali(l)bali

Edited by Austin 3:!6