Do we need dislike/downvote button?

Nikola

Vote if you need downvote/dislike button as reaction.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote if you need downvote/dislike button as reaction.

• Yes
    • No
    • Idc if it's there or not. (Neutral)

I seriously think it would be very good to have. If you don't like the post instead of giving reaction of troll on all post you can give downvote/dislike to that post. Not huge task and admins can consider it as an option.

Mods remove if suggested in past and was rejected by admins.

Edited by Nikola

40 minutes ago, velu said:

trollvote = downvote/dislike

Troll and downvote are two different things i would say. And that's reason i made thread so we get two different option. If person is trolling you can react that way or if you don't find post troll but still dislike it then you can downvote it maybe?

7 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Troll and downvote are two different things i would say. And that's reason i made thread so we get two different option. If person is trolling you can react that way or if you don't find post troll but still dislike it then you can downvote it maybe?

people getting offended easily , probably they decided to remove downvote :((

differentiation is very important in a democratic society -> this will be norm prior to meta humans and singularity, humans learn by experience and that can be positive and negative. Downvotes are as crucial and upvotes in that context, if not more because of the apparent societal pressure involved ( poster with lots of downvotes always runs the risk of being not notices even when making a valid point --> hence down-votes are highly avoided = less trolling environment). 

How about in user cp or settings you get  option to select yourself as bowler or batsman. For Batsman reputation will say Runs Scored and for Bowlers Wicket taken.

Each Upvote will give 5 - 10 runs to batsman while for bowlers it will give 1 wicket. For Every Downvote you get it will go same in minus way. Troll post will be -10 runs or -2 wickets from your reputation.

As long as downvote is not used in classification, I am ok with it. But I don't want any poster with lots of -ve votes. If you find someone so objectionable ignore that user. It will hurt him/her more than downvote. As long as down vote is only associated with a post and not an individual.