Asia Cup - The Final ¦ India vs Bangla ¦ 28th September 2018 ¦ Dubai ¦ 17:00 IST

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Rahul can replace DK.

actually wud be unfair on DK to , he has been better then dhoni ...

M ok to even play an out of form player in 11 but dhoni downfall is due to his pre-meditation n may be its time he is dropped and asked to work on his game against spinner

VH is going on , go play for jharkhand n bat up the order....

he is so secure that he looks ok with the style which is not working

If bangladesh wins it, i predict a grand welcome for them in Dhaka along with open bus parade. Would be fun watching the reaction of their players and fans. :aha:

All of a sudden Asia cup will get bigger than all the world cups be it cricket or even football past or future. Would be the most meaning full trophy ever. 

Edited by Hell Raiser

Usually critical games end with a super heart break for toygers :phehe:

Afridi crushes their dreams once in 2012, Then WT20 2016 Pandya saved 2 runs in 3 balls. Nidihaas final DK of all people owned them :hysterical:

In recent times We  bash Pak in one sided games and the only time we unfortunately lost to them was also a one sided contest.

To be honest Bangladesh games especially critical ones are more entertaining than Pak games these days.

Edited by Global.Baba
38 minutes ago, zen said:

I would rate this at 50/50 as Ind has the tendency to make heros out of the other team .... Eitherway , it will not be a bad result as Ind would win another cup or we would have a brand new winner 

Confident of Indian victory here BD without two key players unlike Pakistan we won’t be letting their non regular bowlers settle.

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I doubt though

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

may I know why DK had to be dropped ? He is playing in middle order when there are no field restrictions. Ball is difficult to come due to slower pitches . And he has not done badly at all.

If you go by rahuls century in last flat England wicket then DK did not get to play there and Rahul failed even more in SA abd first 5 tests . 

Let's attack the elephant in the room which is dhoni rather than DK. DK middle order experience is invaluable to us and we need to give him all the confidence to succeed . The way we treat our middle order batsmen no one can succeed .

The problem is with us fans as well.

Irrational expectations. Middle order gets chance in 22% of time . How do we expect them to score consistently. I think it's far easier to bat at start rather than in middle . And on top of it politics keeping them on their toes . You expect middle order to bat consistently, hit higher strike rates and also bowl occasionally.

While top order gets to bat with more freedom, no expectations to bowl, field restrictions, easy paced wicket to start with always .

World is not fair. No wonder KL wants to bat at too now . Very difficult to fail at top.

may I know why DK had to be dropped ? He is playing in middle order when there are no field restrictions. Ball is difficult to come due to slower pitches . And he has not done badly at all.

If you go by rahuls century in last flat England wicket then DK did not get to play there and Rahul failed even more in SA abd first 5 tests . 

Let's attack the elephant in the room which is dhoni rather than DK. DK middle order experience is invaluable to us and we need to give him all the confidence to succeed . The way we treat our middle order batsmen no one can succeed .

The problem is with us fans as well.

Irrational expectations. Middle order gets chance in 22% of time . How do we expect them to score consistently. I think it's far easier to bat at start rather than in middle . And on top of it politics keeping them on their toes . You expect middle order to bat consistently, hit higher strike rates and also bowl occasionally.

While top order gets to bat with more freedom, no expectations to bowl, field restrictions, easy paced wicket to start with always .

World is not fair. No wonder KL wants to bat at too now . Very difficult to fail at top.

I know that.. Dk should get an extended run.

In fact I think it was wrong to drop Him on the Test series too though Pant scored a century

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

“All the teams in the tournament have been very competitive. Everyone was thinking that India and Pakistan will meet in the final but Bangladesh beat them by playing good cricket ,” Dhawan told reporters on the eve of the final.

“We cannot take them lightly because Pakistan is a bigger name but Bangladesh got the better of them. There is a big difference between a team on paper and players playing on the ground. So the team which plays better on the field, they are regarded as the bigger team,” he added.

“Bangladesh have been playing cricket only for 18 years and so, it takes time (to win finals). Sometimes, it takes teams so much time to even reach the final. There are two ways of looking at things. Although, I would want India to win the match tomorrow (Friday) but I believe that we will see Bangladesh crossing the line soon, as far as winning titles is concerned.”

“We (Rohit and Dhawan) haven’t been thinking on the lines that Virat Kohli is not there so we have to take more responsibility. We thought that we can give more batsmen an opportunity to showcase their talents, especially in the middle-order,” Dhawan quipped.

“Things doesn’t change for us because of the absence of Virat. We try to give in our best whenever and wherever we are playing. It feels nice to get some runs under the belt and every player wants to be as consistent as possible,” he added.

“There is no pressure of vice-captaincy on me. All the pressure is on our captain (laughs), I am just enjoying my time as the vice-captain of the team. As far as my batting is concerned, it remains the same. I won’t change my game just because I have been made the vice-captain,” Dhawan said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/asia-cup-final-shikhar-dhawan-warns-teammates-says-can-t-take-pakistan-slayer-bangladesh-lightly/story-pdqbVx35YXvlSHZHCOUqgO.html