Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cricketics

Darcy Short will be one fun career to follow

Recommended Posts

At 28, he is kind of a late bloomer and at his best now.

 

He is currently batting in 200 in a 50 over game. 

 

All the games are comig live on CA website, 

 

Brilliant knock and he seems to have many shots. I think he will be an asset to Aus cricket. Seems to love batting against spinners. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

At 28, he is kind of a late bloomer and at his best now.

 

He is currently batting in 200 in a 50 over game. 

 

All the games are comig live on CA website, 

 

Brilliant knock and he seems to have many shots. I think he will be an asset to Aus cricket. Seems to love batting against spinners. 

Looked like a hack against spinners in the IPL.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Its fine, players get too excited in t20s or in IPl to get on top of our spinners or slow bowlers due to the nature of the game. In 50 overs, same players in India might perform better aginst our spinners. 

I expect more players to adopt the Chris Gayle method of batting more often in ODIs.  Gayle almost takes a baseball method to batting. i.e. Keep blocking until he gets a delivery in 'his' zone that he can hit for 6.  Unfazed by even 10-15 dot balls.  A pure slogger who is good enough to at least survive against good balls can play 20 dot balls, but connect on 4 decent shots and he's at 120 SR, which is excellent for ODIs.  Given the short boundaries, better bats, better fitness levels and range hitting practice - its a different definition of 'percentage cricket'.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I expect more players to adopt the Chris Gayle method of batting more often in ODIs.  Gayle almost takes a baseball method to batting. i.e. Keep blocking until he gets a delivery in 'his' zone that he can hit for 6.  Unfazed by even 10-15 dot balls.  A pure slogger who is good enough to at least survive against good balls can play 20 dot balls, but connect on 4 decent shots and he's at 120 SR, which is excellent for ODIs.  Given the short boundaries, better bats, better fitness levels and range hitting practice - its a different definition of 'percentage cricket'.  

 

and wait for paremeshwaran kind of bowlers :p:

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, sandeep said:

yeh that's why he stank it up in the IPL.  

 

Short, Finch, Lynn - these guys are good power sloggers, but their pure batting skills are limited.  Facing a ball that can swing/seam/spin, they get exposed.  

They do get exposed but then players in time get used to the conditions and know how to improve or negotiate the bowlers they will have hard time scoring against. In ODI’s this happens more. In t20s, due to the nature of the game, they have to slog, and end up looking like sitting duck against spinners  in tournaments like IPL but in 50 overs, same batsman against the same bowler might bat more comfortably due to not so much pressure of the required or the team’s batting run rate as you have more overs to catch up. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

They do get exposed but then players in time get used to the conditions and know how to improve or negotiate the bowlers they will have hard time scoring against. In ODI’s this happens more. In t20s, due to the nature of the game, they have to slog, and end up looking like sitting duck against spinners  in tournaments like IPL but in 50 overs, same batsman against the same bowler might bat more comfortably due to not so much pressure of the required or the team’s batting run rate as you have more overs to catch up. 

Darcy short's career will be followed by people if he can play such HUGE knocks at international level vs good opposition teams. If he gets a 200 and a 150-170 kind of innings with this type of six-hitting, he will come to limelight.

 

Whether he has potential or not is not anyone's problem and noone will start following his career because he scored one big innings in Aus domestics!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×