BCCI vs PCB at the ICC Disputes Resolution Committee, Is the decision fixed to screw BCCI?

2 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

I say we play parosis and smash them to a pulp and reverse the only thing which paindus still have in their favour over us  @Lala

The real thing behind is, India is fear of playing bilateral because history they know the results which is proved by head to head record. But India think one off victories like when both teams met in tournaments, Icc events, etc where India beat us and they think they are the world beaters. When you play at least 3 match bilateral series, you would realise team needs a few matches to comeback even they first game lost. India always had fluke wins like Icc wc group game wins and CT group game win, but when it comes to real game like CT final Pakistan always do their best. That's why bilateral are so much important to continue good relationship with neighbors. We have very good relationship with SL and Ban where we play each other quite often. That's the spirit and we have no issue with them. Arrogant teams like India and Australia are always think they are the best and their poor fans follows the same. BCCI should be responsible for this. Probably the guilty party to avoid bilaterals.:cantstop:

Edited by Lala
5 minutes ago, Lala said:

The real thing behind is, India is fear of playing bilateral because history they know the results which is proved by head to head record. But India think one off victories like when both teams met in tournaments, Icc events, etc where India beat us and they think they are the world beaters. When you play at least 3 match bilateral series, you would realise team needs a few matches to comeback even they first game lost. India always had fluke wins like Icc wc group game wins and CT group game win, but when it comes to real game like CT final Pakistan always do their best. That's why bilateral are so much important to continue good relationship with neighbors. We have very good relationship with SL and Ban where we play each other quite often. That's the spirit and we have no issue with them. Arrogant teams like India and Australia are always think they are the best and their poor fans follows the same. BCCI should be responsible for this. Probably the guilty party to avoid bilaterals.:cantstop:

India is doing just fine without playing you guys. With the new BJP government and a more confident younger generation I doubt there will ever be cricket between these two countries. You are wasting time.

Bilaterals should be played with true rivals i.e. England , Australia and SA.

23 minutes ago, Yamima Shaheen said:

India has full right to not play Pakistan but you cannot get away with not playing after signing contracts. I dont know how things works in third world countries but here in US, you are bound to pay compensation if you violate legally binding contracts.

They are legally bound to pay extortion money in USA?

On 9/30/2018 at 2:45 AM, Malcolm Merlyn said:

From October 1st Bcci and PCB will put in their arguments over the $70mn compensation claim by PCB.

BCCI has hired law firm Herbert Smith Freehills and Ian Mills as their lawyers.

PCB has hired law firm Clifford Chance.

Veteran Bcci members are aghast at the CoA for allowing ICC to intervene in Bcci matters.

The matter will be heard between Oct 1 to Oct 3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes its a rigged farce of a process.  Note the fact that the decision can't be appealed.  The Giles Clarke faction that currently is in power at the ICC will not resist the opportunity to gain more leverage on the BCCI.  The monetary aspect of the dispute is secondary - think about the potential for pressurizing the BCCI.  They will make noises about keeping sports and politics separate etc etc - while England refuses to play any cricket with Zimbabwe - and this is very easy and cost effective way to buy more support from Pakistan for the faction. 

Think back to the time when Giles Clarke personally visited Pakistan to "report on security improvements", right before the big vote that saw BCCI's influence attacked in the ICC.  It is not a co-incidence that it was announced back then, that Pakistan is going to take the issue to the "ICC dispute committee".  PCB knows fully well that it has no leg to stand on in the court of law.  Its only hope is to get an ICC ruling in its favor. 

I am expecting this rigged committee to announce a ruling in Pakistan's favor.  Facts don't matter.  Power politics do.  

On 9/30/2018 at 2:52 AM, Switchblade said:

Bcci  are upset with COA 

“If the BCCI was run by a set of office-bearers who had the experience of handling board room issues at the ICC, India would not have faced this situation. It’s a white versus brown battle and it will be a massive loss of face if BCCI lost, and the signs are not good,” former BCCI Official said.

The choice of words is not ideal, but the gist is unfortunately quite true. 

6 hours ago, Yamima Shaheen said:

India has full right to not play Pakistan but you cannot get away with not playing after signing contracts. I dont know how things works in third world countries but here in US, you are bound to pay compensation if you violate legally binding contracts.

That one page letter is anything but a legally binding contract. Contract has clauses which spell out the remedies if not followed thru. That letter and a $0.25, you know the rest.

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

But they have PSL now. Are they still not earning money? Even BD don't play much with India, how is BCB thriving?

Fact is most of the PCB officials are crook. The pocket the money and rarely spend anything for the benefit of their cricket.

Compared to PCB, BCB is a very well organized board. Their league is well managed plus the cost of operating the league is low for them as matches are held in BD.

6 hours ago, Yamima Shaheen said:

law works just fine in third world countries like India, thank you very much. Its in terrorist nations and failed states like Pakistan, where some medieval religious rule might just overrule a legal or a constitutional right.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Will it be a loss of face for the Modi govt if BCCI is forced to pay?

If yes then expect GOI to invoke Enemy property Act.

Modi govt has nothing to do with this.  BCCI is not affiliated to the govt.  

Don't forget, ICC is already in dispute with the Indian govt over tax payments for the tournaments held in India.  They want ICC tournaments to be declared tax free.  IIRC the proceeds from the WT20 from a couple of years ago, are still in dispute.  

Modi govt has nothing to do with this.  BCCI is not affiliated to the govt.  

Don't forget, ICC is already in dispute with the Indian govt over tax payments for the tournaments held in India.  They want ICC tournaments to be declared tax free.  IIRC the proceeds from the WT20 from a couple of years ago, are still in dispute.  
The govt stopped the cricket tours.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

The govt stopped the cricket tours.

But they have nothing to do with the financial dispute between the BCCI and the PCB.  Strictly speaking, neither does the ICC, because traditionally the ICC has never interfered in the bilateral relations of its member boards.  

The ICC is more like a loose federation of member boards - to make political comparisons, its more like ASEAN, rather than EU.  In recent years, they have been trying hard to accumulate more centralized power, in the name of the "greater good of the sport".  Which is hogwash.  The current faction's unifying slogan is that all the other boards should act in unison to rein in the 8000 pound gorilla that is Indian cricket.  The problem is that its hard to openly attack the gorilla, when the majority of the cricket countries are totally dependent on said gorilla for bulk of their profits.  

But they have nothing to do with the financial dispute between the BCCI and the PCB.  Strictly speaking, neither does the ICC, because traditionally the ICC has never interfered in the bilateral relations of its member boards.  

The ICC is more like a loose federation of member boards - to make political comparisons, its more like ASEAN, rather than EU.  In recent years, they have been trying hard to accumulate more centralized power, in the name of the "greater good of the sport".  Which is hogwash.  The current faction's unifying slogan is that all the other boards should act in unison to rein in the 8000 pound gorilla that is Indian cricket.  The problem is that its hard to openly attack the gorilla, when the majority of the cricket countries are totally dependent on said gorilla for bulk of their profits.  

If money keeps flowing to pcb then it defeats the purpose of GOI.

The current dispute is India not playing pakistan. Thats due to the GOI.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

If money keeps flowing to pcb then it defeats the purpose of GOI.

The current dispute is India not playing pakistan. Thats due to the GOI.

We're talking in circles.  GoI is not a party to the dispute, thats my point.