Dhoni's enviable record while chasing !!!

velu

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Velu...you will make the veins in my head burst.:whine:

:rotfl:

With how thalaiva has been sucking these days, the PR staff will be doing overtime everyday to 'improve' his image. Little do they know, it's actually not improving. In fact, it's worsening and it's getting cringeworthy. No other cricketer in history needed cheap trolls on the internet to improve his image....

Jab accha na kar sako toh bura bhi mat karna... The PR staff need to follow these wise words :winky:

44 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

:rotfl:

With how thalaiva has been sucking these days, the PR staff will be doing overtime everyday to 'improve' his image. Little do they know, it's actually not improving. In fact, it's worsening and it's getting cringeworthy. No other cricketer in history needed cheap trolls on the internet to improve his image....

Jab accha na kar sako toh bura bhi mat karna... The PR staff need to follow these wise words :winky:

nah ..

if i go throw the media , it seems that haterz are the one who are getting mad .. we are cool as usual :phehe: 

10 hours ago, velu said:

Stayed not out - 46 times

India won - 44 times

Match tied - 1 time

India lost - 1 time ( we lost not because of dhoni ) 

Special thanks to KP bhai for bringing this stat to our notice.

@Switchblade  :p: 

MS-Dhoni.jpg

What a stupid stat.

Very unlikely a non-minnow team loses a match chasing while a top 6 batter still at the crease. Happens very rarely. A chasing team usually loses an ODI game when it's top and middle order gets out.

The stats will be similar to most top 6 batsmen of any good ODI sides like Ind, Aus, SA.

PS: Nothing against Dhoni. He was a great middle order bat and a chaser.

Edited by philcric
18 minutes ago, philcric said:

What a stupid stat.

Very unlikely a non-minnow team loses a match chasing while a top 6 batter still at the crease. Happens very rarely. A chasing team usually loses an ODI game when it's top and middle order gets out.

The stats will be similar to most top 6 batsmen of any good ODI sides like Ind, Aus, SA.

Not a stupid stat at all unless ofcourse its stupid bcos nothing good about Dhoni is to be written here.

He has high tendency of remaining not out and if he has such stats of winning almost everyone of those matches, then it is an awesome thing to do. Dont understand why you call it stupid when we should be cherishing this thing. Teams will die for such players in their team.

FYI, Dhoni has 46 notouts in 2nd innings and only 1 in loss. If it was as simple as you make it sound, we would have 100s of players in the world who would be able to do it. Can you share the names of those players that you talk about who has done that more than Dhoni? or even close to him?

20 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Not a stupid stat at all unless ofcourse its stupid bcos nothing good about Dhoni is to be written here.

He has high tendency of remaining not out and if he has such stats of winning almost everyone of those matches, then it is an awesome thing to do. Dont understand why you call it stupid when we should be cherishing this thing. Teams will die for such players in their team.

FYI, Dhoni has 46 notouts in 2nd innings and only 1 in loss. If it was as simple as you make it sound, we would have 100s of players in the world who would be able to do it. Can you share the names of those players that you talk about who has done that more than Dhoni? or even close to him?

Did you not see "Nothing against Dhoni. He was a great middle order bat and a chaser." in my post ?

I've said it a few times before, I'll say it again. Dhoni makes my all time World ODI XI as Wk-Bat ahead of Gilchrist for the fact that great consistent late middle order batsmen are at a premium.

<<< I dislike Dhoni's batting contribution in the present times, and another WK-Bat (Pant or even Karthik) should have been tried in the last 1 year to see if it brought more value or a different dynamic to the team. If it didn't workout, we could have always gone back to Dhoni. >>>

Stupid stat. I should have rephrased it as 'stupid way to look at a stat'. I mean out of those 46 not outs, 20 of them could be Dhoni remaining not out for less than 10 runs.  There could have been 15 other matches where he scored 50+, and got out at the cusp of a win. The former useless contributions goes into that stat but the latter useful contributions do not. Better stat would be the total runs and average while chasing and in wins. There's no doubt Dhoni would have great numbers at that. The dig was not aimed at Dhoni but the very specific way in which a stat was pulled out.

Stayed Not Out to Games Won ratio should be similar for most top 6 batters. Will try to pull out that kind of a stat tomorrow.

The biggest problem with "Indian fans" on this forum is that they are fans of players more than the Indian cricket team. If you are a true Indian fan, then you should love Indian cricket infinitely more than any player - be it Tendulkar, Dhoni, Kohli or whoever. Unfortunately, our greats have an embarrassing history of overstaying and ruining their legacies. Kapil Dev stayed on to trundle to break Hadlee's record; Tendulkar prevented a young player from taking up the whites at number 4 just so he could get to 200 tests and we had everyone concerned bending over backwards to accommodate him by shortening a test series in SA so that he could score some cheap runs against a useless WI team at home.

Now Dhoni - looks like a tail-ender when he bats; sucks up all the momentum and gets out. He's done it time and time again in the last 2 years now. It is blatantly obvious that his time is up. This middle order will definitely cost us the WC and we may even lose our WC streak to our useless parosi team if Dhoni and co. stink up the middle order. Dhoni should just do the honourable thing and f-off. He has been a great servant to Indian cricket and has done a lot for us over the years, but time is up man. 37, will be close to 38 during the WC. Enough of the torture already. Stats such as the ones in the OP are great to appreciate what MS has done for us over the years, but at a time like this they mean nothing.

11 hours ago, philcric said:

What a stupid stat.

perhaps kevin peterson bhai was missing something which you didnt miss :phehe: 

any similar stats from you for other #5 , #6 batters ?

14 hours ago, philcric said:

Did you not see "Nothing against Dhoni. He was a great middle order bat and a chaser." in my post ?

I've said it a few times before, I'll say it again. Dhoni makes my all time World ODI XI as Wk-Bat ahead of Gilchrist for the fact that great consistent late middle order batsmen are at a premium.

<<< I dislike Dhoni's batting contribution in the present times, and another WK-Bat (Pant or even Karthik) should have been tried in the last 1 year to see if it brought more value or a different dynamic to the team. If it didn't workout, we could have always gone back to Dhoni. >>>

Stupid stat. I should have rephrased it as 'stupid way to look at a stat'. I mean out of those 46 not outs, 20 of them could be Dhoni remaining not out for less than 10 runs.  There could have been 15 other matches where he scored 50+, and got out at the cusp of a win. The former useless contributions goes into that stat but the latter useful contributions do not. Better stat would be the total runs and average while chasing and in wins. There's no doubt Dhoni would have great numbers at that. The dig was not aimed at Dhoni but the very specific way in which a stat was pulled out.

Stayed Not Out to Games Won ratio should be similar for most top 6 batters. Will try to pull out that kind of a stat tomorrow.

Out of those so called 48 not outs, only 28 is where Dhoni scored more than 25 runs. Only 15 innings where Dhoni scored a 50 or more. According to our @Shunya teams will die to have someone take all the credit after the top batsmen have scored most of the runs. After all our great legend already get the credit for captaincy on field instead of real captain, gets the credit for stumping much more than the bowlers who fox the batsmen, gets the credit for run outs more than the fielders for pointing. So why not give him this credit too. Even if opening batsmen score 100s, it's Dhonis 15 runs not out which wins matches

Edited by CSK Fan