Why is SRT patrolling the boundary for long periodz during the match?

fineleg

He is already cramps prone guy and pulls up during a medium-long batting inningsz Why the heck is MSD putting him in the boundary, and he is sweating and diving and running and falling on the boundary line for extended period (not just one or two overz for some specific reasons) This is surely increasing the chances of him getting injured. Him playing ODIs is already a risk for Test injury. Just put him at mid on or mid wicket or something? He does all the fielding at ropes, and then he opens, if he is building a 80 run inn, you can bet he will cramp, and will need a runner etc. His age will catch up and trouble him. MSD needs to be a bit careful here.

He is not an athletic catcher, nor he is a hitterof stumps. These are the two essential traits of a close in fielder, especially during the slog overs. He has a good arm and is decent with high balls. I suppose putting him in the deep isnt SUCH a bad idea.

He is not an athletic catcher, nor he is a hitterof stumps. These are the two essential traits of a close in fielder, especially during the slog overs. He has a good arm and is decent with high balls. I suppose putting him in the deep isnt SUCH a bad idea.
He is reasonably ok and catches decently. Hitting stumps 40-60?, but not all our fielders are great at that anyway. Point being you have a high chance of losing SRT the batsman to cramps, and our young batting lineup will be hit hard if that happens. Thatz what MSD needs to be careful about.

Gambit, He can still do what he did in 2004. However, that will take a toil on his body, and he will suffer for it while batting. It is wise for the team to not expose him to same thing as in 2004. We dont have too many the class of Sanga and Jayawoddina or a Ponting-Hussey-Hayden-Gilly likes in our batting line up. The one or two we have - we need to make sure they can fire.

Hey Gambo' date=' what about the blinder of a catch to remove Inzy in the decider at Lahore about a bee's dick away from the rope?[/quote'] Yeah, that was outstanding!
Gambit, He can still do what he did in 2004. However, that will take a toil on his body, and he will suffer for it while batting. It is wise for the team to not expose him to same thing as in 2004. We dont have too many the class of Sanga and Jayawoddina or a Ponting-Hussey-Hayden-Gilly likes in our batting line up. The one or two we have - we need to make sure they can fire.
My post had little to do with what you were saying in the OP. I was just being nostalgic.
^^ He wont. He will take the toll, and just affect odi and test - both. Just let him field within the circle.
Am I missing something here? In case there are no slip fielders, the best place to hide/rest a fielder is in the outfield. One doesn't get to field every other ball and if it is placed well, then it goes to the boundary and all one has to do is to act the running behind the ball skilfully. If they are up to it, the close ones can be fielded.