Ignorance is bliss, says Ravi Shastri on tackling social media trolls

https://www.crictracker.com/ignorance-is-bliss-says-ravi-shastri-on-tackling-social-media-trolls/

For a celebrity in this day and age, especially anyone associated with the Indian cricket team, social media is not the easiest of places to survive on. Indian head coach Ravi Shastri is always a soft-target for a lot of trolls and anything he says, it becomes viral on social media for the wrong reasons.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

In an interview with Gulf News, he spoke at length about how he uses Instagram and Twitter. He said that he only tweets but never bothers to read anything. In his words, he has time only to read one or two newspapers and he loves being that way. Although the Indian side managed to win the Asia Cup, a lot of focus has been on how they lost in England. Whenever he backs the Indian side for showing character in those tough conditions, he is at the receiving end of some serious trolling.

“I sleep absolutely sound as I am used to my era where you would have one or two papers only so you pick it up and read it. So I have time only for that. I don’t have time for anything else. I may be on Twitter or Instagram. I only tweet, I don’t read anything,” the Indian head coach said.

I know I’m giving my 100%: Shastri

The 56-year-old will again be under the scanner when the Indian side will be touring Australia for 3 ODIs, 4 Tests and 3 T20Is. With the Australian side slightly wounded, the Men in Blue should consider it as a golden opportunity to defeat them in their backyard. Shastri too is focused on giving his 100% and says ignorance is bliss when it comes to dealing with stuff on social media.

“Go hell with what people have to say as long as you are confident of what you are doing. You know that you are giving your 100% to the job you are doing. Rest is, I am not worried at all. If you start worrying about that, you start messing up a lot of other things so I say ignorance is bliss,” he said.

Wish cheerleader is banned and not allowed to speak to the media :facepalm:

How can they say go hell with the people.

Even virat said I am not answerable to anyone.

Its team India for god sake. Aspirations and emotions of a billion indians is associated with it.

Many of us gets sad and skip dinner when we lose an important match.

You may be giving your 100% or 200% but you are always answerable to fans.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Happens, let them come to India to take revenge.

It’s not about India it’s about winning overseas cheerleader was running his mouth pre series that overseas tour will define this bunch’s legacies and we are here to better our series score in England or we will be at home after the ODI series he goes missing when we lose but comes to the forefront after our victory.Honestly both him and Virat are arrogant egoistic and live in denial.