Harbhajan fighting for Nair - Much respect

Khota

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

I think this management has clear issue with Bangalore players, even Rahul get same kind of treatment in odi and only lately he has been getting regular chances in test. May be something to do with Kumble saga and people endorsed by him.

I dont think it is against Banglore players because there are 5 people in comittee but nonetheless the treatment of Rahul and Nair is wrong.

33 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Nair's recent innings from cricinfo:

Nair.png

He is not making a strong case based on current form. 

this  barely matters. What was Pujara doing in ENG before he got selected to play tests in that series???? What did he do in the immediately preceeded SAF series?? For that matter Rahul & Dhawan too in SAF???? So they got chances after chances . With Karun

it was only a matter of  failure in mere 4  inns after that 300+. This is a case of pure nepotism  and nothing else because he is basically of Kerala origin.

3 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

this  barely matters. What was Pujara doing in ENG before he got selected to play tests in that series???? What did he do in the immediately preceeded SAF series?? For that matter Rahul & Dhawan too in SAF???? So they got chances after chances . With Karun

it was only a matter of  failure in mere 4  inns after that 300+. This is a case of pure nepotism  and nothing else because he is basically of Kerala origin.

I dont think Kerala has anything to do with it. It is basic decency this selection committee is lacking.

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

I dont think Kerala has anything to do with it. It is basic decency this selection committee is lacking.

yes ... basic  indecency of  showing a careless and casual attitude  to players coming from not so traditionally strong game related back grounds.I am sure a highly talented youngster from Arunachal or Assam  would also have met with the same fate

17 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Avoiding Rahane's, the weakest link in Ind's batting, name as usual :lol:

Bhajji is furious at selectors for non selection of Rohit more than Karun.I am 100% sure Bhajji would not have questioned if Rohit was selected.There is not a single expert in India who speaks truth.

Coming to Karun Nair,Totally unfair to him but We are dreaming if we were hoping for Rahane/Pujara to get dropped. Paindoo like Dhawan completed 2 overseas cycle before getting dropped.Rahane wasnt going anywhere,so is Pujara. The team selected for WI tour is good. Even if it is for regionalism,Vihari's selection is on merit.No need to cry about that. Nair isnt the first one,Our management has mishandled so many players in past.Nair can make comeback by performing in domestics again.

Edited by Bigg Brother
6 hours ago, Khota said:

"What if Hanuma Vihari fails in two Test matches against West Indies? Though I would never wish something like that for any player. I wish him (Vihari) all the very best."

good u fought for nair 

But , why question if vihari fails

But what if rohit fails again, why didnt u question when nair was dropped for rohit sharma in squad 

question ur own guts, coz u cnt raise a voice agianst someone big like rohit 

instead ur logic goes for toes their

Agar vihari fail hua to, hone de pehle

Ur backing someone jo fail hoye jaa rha hai 

Dimaag se paidal hi rahega

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, zen said:

Avoiding Rahane's, the weakest link in Ind's batting, name as usual :lol:

I think I have already given my reasons for  still having a high regard for Rahane. For me what Rahane has achieved in his first 4 series  to each of  SENA  is a feat that even Sachin failed to achieve in his career.To me such a player is always always special. In my view , if nothing  strange happens, Rahane will perform like a  duck into water in  AUS. And hence we can meet once again after the AUS series is over.

2 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

I think I have already given my reasons for  still having a high regard for Rahane. For me what Rahane has achieved in his first 4 series  to each of  SENA  is a feat that even Sachin failed to achieve in his career.To me such a player is always always special. In my view , if nothing  strange happens, Rahane will perform like a  duck into water in  AUS. And hence we can meet once again after the AUS series is over.

Selections are not done on 4 years old records .... Of the next 6 series, 4 are in Ind and 1 in WI. So Rahane offers little value in the near term  :dontknow:

Thanks! 

Edited by zen

One has to be delusional to think of dropping Pujara or Rahane as of now. Kohli, Pujara and Rahane form the core of our test batting.  So it was basically Vihari Vs Nair. Maybe they lost faith in Nair. Nair hasn't really set things on fire after his 300 to make them feel otherwise. But then why was he selected in England to begin with? Cut long story short there is no regionalistic angle (fans from south are annoying.always play this victim because from south card) but mere no vision,plan or organisation in selections. We already know selection committee's credentials to show any sense.

Edited by Pollack
23 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

let us wait and see.

seen enough 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Start of match date between 2 Oct 2016 and 2 Oct 2018 remove between 2 Oct 2016 and 2 Oct 2018 from query
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 1000 remove runs scored greater than or equal to 1000 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 5 of 5   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS AveDescending BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
V Kohli 2016-2018 24 42 4 2821 243 74.23 4359 64.71 11 7 3 292 8 investigate this query
CA Pujara 2016-2018 25 43 3 2096 202 52.40 4617 45.39 8 8 3 236 4 investigate this query
KL Rahul 2016-2018 20 33 1 1249 199 39.03 2078 60.10 2 10 4 154 6 investigate this query
M Vijay 2016-2018 18 31 0 1139 155 36.74 2439 46.69 6 1 3 121 11 investigate this query
AM Rahane 2016-2018 22 38 3 1152 188 32.91 2431 47.38 2 5 3 121 8 investigate this query
9 minutes ago, Pollack said:

One has to be delusional to think of dropping Pujara or Rahane as of now. Kohli, Pujara and Rahane form the core of our test batting.  So it was basically Vihari Vs Nair. Maybe they lost faith in Nair. Nair hasn't really set things on fire after his 300 to make them feel otherwise. But then why was he selected in England to begin with? Cut long story short there is no regionalistic angle (fans from south are annoying.always play this victim because from south card) but mere no vision,plan or organisation in selections. We already know selection committee's credentials to show any sense.

it's not delusion.What has this  hack Pujara till now done any thing  in his last 7 series in SENA. Could India at least draw even a single of those 7 series with this hack playing at 1st down position???????

WRT Nair ...you asked the correct question. If it was for mere formality why was Nair selected at first place??? Now that he has been selected, he deserves a few more chances.

15 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

it's not delusion.What has this  hack Pujara till now done any thing  in his last 7 series in SENA. Could India at least draw even a single of those 7 series with this hack playing at 1st down position???????

WRT Nair ...you asked the correct question. If it was for mere formality why was Nair selected at first place??? Now that he has been selected, he deserves a few more chances.

Again attacking Pujara who avgs 53 in the last two years and supporting failures such as Rahane (avg 33) and Nair who struggled vs WI and in A games .... and unnecessarily bringing in SENA when Pujara outperformed Rahane, who bats at 5, in Eng, and when Rahane has been a failure recently and does not have it in him to bat in the top 3 in SENA 

/case closed 

Edited by zen
21 minutes ago, zen said:

Again attacking Pujara who avgs 53 in the last two years and supporting failures such as Rahane (avg 33) and Nair who struggled vs WI and in A games .... and unnecessarily bringing in SENA when Pujara outperformed Rahane, who bats at 5, in Eng, and when Rahane has been a failure recently and does not have it in him to bat in the top 3 in SENA 

/case closed 

i do not view things that way ... Pujara  may avg: 53, but in SENA it is only a paltry 29.07 avg:   .And performances in SENA  is the most important. WRT Rahane , I  have already given the reasons.And hence we can  see  after  AUS series.If Rahane fails  there ,I am only willing to accept what you says.Otherwise not.Yes... case can be closed as of now.

He just likes to blame selectors no matter what. If you got guts: 

1) You would be going after Virat to not give chance to KL Rahul

2) Calling out MS Dhoni for being passenger in the team 

3) Going after Bewda for many reason

Sadly, there isnt anyone talking about these issues in the ex-cricketers circle. They all are too afraid to speak out at these issues. 

11 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

i do not view things that way ... Pujara  may avg: 53, but in SENA it is only a paltry 29.07 avg:   .And performances in SENA  is the most important. WRT Rahane , I  have already given the reasons.And hence we can  see  after  AUS series.If Rahane fails  there ,I am only willing to accept what you says.Otherwise not.Yes... case can be closed as of now.

FYI, in the last two years in SENA, Rahane avgs 26 vs Pujara's 29.  No need to say that someone batting at #5 should average higher than the one batting at #3 in SENA. And if Rahane had batted at 3, he may not have even averaged 20 (based on his avg of 26 at 5) .... So if you call Pujara's avg of 29 at 3 in SENA partly, I guess, Rahane's 26 at #5 is pathetic 

Therefore, Rahane's case is already closed and should have been dropped for the WI series ....  And Nair needs to show decent form as well. Both of them have the tendency to drop catches  

23 minutes ago, zen said:

FYI, in the last two years in SENA, Rahane avgs 26 vs Pujara's 29.  No need to say that someone batting at #5 should average higher than the one batting at #3 in SENA. And if Rahane had batted at 3, he may not have even averaged 20 (based on his avg of 26 at 5) .... So if you call Pujara's avg of 29 at 3 in SENA partly, I guess, Rahane's 26 at #5 is pathetic 

Therefore, Rahane's case is already closed and should have been dropped for the WI series ....  And Nair needs to show decent form as well. Both of them have the tendency to drop catches  

but for me... that is the other way around.... an one down batsman  gets more time to spend at the crease once settled & can play big inns. It happend with  Dravid & Sachin who batted mainly at 3 & 4 .Both avg:ed  in the 50s. But the concerned batsman needs to have the skills to perform like that. Compared to Sachin & Dravid , Ganguly & Laxman avg:ed  lesser.Because the lower the order, the lesser is the chance to construct massive inns in general. Even in no: of 100s ,this disparity is visible. Hence Rahane's  avg: from lower order position is even more credit worthy and Pujara despite having such oppertunities to construct big inns  from 3rd position  having such lower avg: means, it is even more pathetic. THat's my logic. 

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

yes ... basic  indecency of  showing a careless and casual attitude  to players coming from not so traditionally strong game related back grounds.I am sure a highly talented youngster from Arunachal or Assam  would also have met with the same fate

You need to stop this thing about kerala connection, it makes little difference. He may have a suffered if he was representing kerala, but representing karnataka his chances are as good or as bad as KL, Manish pandey, Agarwal or Nair.