Unprofessional behavior by Indian selection committee?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24888826/dropped-m-vijay-adds-voice-communication-issue-india-selectors

Back when I was a young contractor I only had short projects. One thing I noticed was all the American managers I worked for promptly informed me about my layoff and gave me encouraging words. There was one Desi moron manager, who did not even show his face after lay off. No proper, advance communication.  This is starting to look like it.  This unprofessional attitude can ruin the career of even young players. Even if the player deserves to be dropped (like in this case) communicate this to the player properly.  In Karun Nair's case also there was an unconvincing communication from the selection committee.

51 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

VJ was treated miserably. There is clear preference for Dhawan and Rahul when VJ was India's best opener for years. Even today he is better than those two in test matches

Team mgmt couldn't wait fo rhim to have a couple of failures to completely shunt him. All this was coming

They dropped him in WI for no reason

Kohli has him to change his style of play to "show intent" for whatever reason

Now that Shaw has clicked M Vijay's career is as good as over unless Rahul produces string of failures.

Your performance, along with bench strength, should give you enough indications .... the problem with Ind selectors is that they give a longer rope and players take their spots for granted, and then start to act strangely when finally dropped 

Cricketers plays domestics, IPL, etc., .... getting drop from the test squad is not equivalent to losing a job .... if they perform consistently, he can be reconsidered 

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Karun Nair apparently had some problems with Anushka Sharma, the Chief Selector of Indian Team.
Apparently made not so nice comments about her movie Pari and backbitched about her production house.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

That cracked me up.. :hysterical:

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Karun Nair apparently had some problems with Anushka Sharma, the Chief Selector of Indian Team.
Apparently made not so nice comments about her movie Pari and backbitched about her production house.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Doq7bUPUYAALl-A?format=jpg&name=small

Your kind of news. :giggle: