Is Indian cricket missing out on extra viewership by picking an ODI team bereft of the new-age entertaining stroke players  ?

I want to watch ... bat  

40 members have voted

1. 1. I want to watch

• Shaw, Pant, Rahul and other new-age entertaining stroke players bat
    • Rayudu, Karthick, Dhoni, Pandey etc. bat

Poll is self explanatory.

Watching Shaw and Pant bat in this test match and Rahul and Pant bat in the last test in England ... was great fun for me.

Watching an old and washed up middle order bat and consolidate in the Asia Cup was frustrating.  

Is Indian cricket missing out on extra viewership by picking an ODI team bereft of the new-age entertaining stroke players  ?

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

you are asking a redundant question really, answer to which is quite apparent,

It would seem so ...   but the great business minds are allowing our LOI squads to be filled with washed up old players and driving away fans.

I am just amazed at the huge business opportunity that is being missed out by smart minds.

25 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We need a mix of caution and aggression.  Going towards any one of the two extremes can give disastrous results. 

That is a different issue although I agree with it.

The issue being discussed here is ... is Indian cricket missing out on a lot of viewers by filling the ODI middle order with old and washed up players  ?

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I agree. Was looking forward to see Siraj's bowling in this Test series. What a disappointment to that end. Just go back to 5 years and the same players are still representing this Indian team now, irrespective of how poor they are currently playing. 

I see something similar regarding the new pacers too  ...  a lot more people are interested in watching Siraj,  Nagarkoti, Mavi, Khaleel etc.  bowl rather than Kaul, Shardul and Unadkat.  Twitter and other sites are filled with such remarks.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Poll is self explanatory.

Watching Shaw and Pant bat in this test match and Rahul and Pant bat in the last test in England ... was great fun for me.

Watching an old and washed up middle order bat and consolidate in the Asia Cup was frustrating.  

I mean i voted but isn't it obvious. No fan of cricket would wanna watch DK struggle to put away Afghan trundlers. As a poster above suggested, I think the management is either extremely corrupt( highly likely) or have sadomasochistic tendencies ( which I sincerely hope is not the case).

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I mean i voted but isn't it obvious. 

This has been going on for a long time now.   Not just a few  months.

So, it doesn't seem to be that obvious to the decision makers.   Even during Kumble's  regime, we saw Gambhir, Yuvi and Parthiv play.  Preferring experienced players has been the norm for quite some time.