So how many who said Asia cup is meaningless, is enjoying this snoozefest?

Bashing a hapless bunch of club level cricketers in 3 days. :facepalm: This WI series has to be worst advertisement for cricket. Wonder how many who said Asia cup is meaningless and Kohli must rest for the test series, is actually enjoying it? I heard only 10% tickets got sold

When will BCCI realize that its not the same WI team anymore but yet calling these pathetic losers for series almost every 2 year. Pretty sure, in Asia conditions even SL, BD or even Afg team would give more fight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The wannabe Test Purists would say Tests is the best format even though they would barely watch 1 session of it on tv. Fact is Tests are mostly one sided and you require so many caveats to make a test interesting. Evenly matched teams, pitch that behaves  same, genuine fast bowlers, aggressive batsman, unorthodox spinners, good crowd to make a test match interesting. You don't much of that in LOI

16 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Odi is the best format out of 3 actually!! And this year Asia cup was thoroughly entertaining.

It was entertaining because of our middle order and with no Kohli missing. If we had a clmeptent middle order and Kohli, all the games would have been a thrashing.

And if odi format is the best, any reason why they have been trying to change Odis for the last decade? Any reason why less ODIs are being scheduled?

28 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

It was entertaining because of our middle order and with no Kohli missing. If we had a clmeptent middle order and Kohli, all the games would have been a thrashing.

And if odi format is the best, any reason why they have been trying to change Odis for the last decade? Any reason why less ODIs are being scheduled?

Tbh most of  our games except the final and afghanistan game was thrashing of the highest order even without kohli , m speaking about tournament in general was entertaining, afg vs pak,afg vs Ind, afg vs ban, ban vs pak etc.

What i see is they  tried to change rules coz  they wanted to tilt it in favour of batsma even more,  that actually backfired with massive criticism after 2015 wc  icc were forced to modify it again still some pathetic rules like free hit exists though. Still odi Cricket trumps test cricket coz you get the result within a day and  are more entertaining if its played on sporting wickets with two evenly matched teams.

Edited by speedheat
2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Odi is the best format out of 3 actually!! And this year Asia cup was thoroughly entertaining.

Well we made the game interesting. Against afghan with the kind of start we got tie should have never been the result. Same with BD , between Dk and Dhoni they played out 9 overs worth of dot balls. 

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bashing a hapless bunch of club level cricketers in 3 days. :facepalm: This WI series has to be worst advertisement for cricket. Wonder how many who said Asia cup is meaningless and Kohli must rest for the test series, is actually enjoying it? I heard only 10% tickets got sold emoji23.png

When will BCCI realize that its not the same WI team anymore but yet calling these pathetic losers for series almost every 2 year. Pretty sure, in Asia conditions even SL, BD or even Afg team would give more fight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Series against WI and SL are nothing more than stats improvement exercises. Even BD is better than these two sadly declined teams. 

1 hour ago, philcric said:

All 3 formats are good for different reasons.

For me,

great test >> great odi >> great t20i

poor test < poor odi < poor t20i

As a spectator, you need more investment for tests, but the payoff of a very good test match is awesome, much more than ODIs or T20Is. 

True but as some posters say above, producing a great test means a lot of factors should collude together. Like "evenly matched teams, pitch that behaves  same, genuine fast bowlers, aggressive batsman, unorthodox spinners, good crowd" etc. 

Good ODIs are more likely to happen between many sides. There are very few teams now making good test teams and producing gr8 test matches. 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Well we made the game interesting. Against afghan with the kind of start we got tie should have never been the result. Same with BD , between Dk and Dhoni they played out 9 overs worth of dot balls. 

Are you sure?? Its we or format of the game is such that it made life difficult for these mediocre batsman so much so that it eventually turned in to a thriller!!

Play same teams on same venue  but in different format, a testmatch and see a one sided game.