Virat Kohli wants BCCI to change rule: Let wives stay for full overseas tours

India captain Virat Kohli has requested the cricket board to allow wives of players to accompany the team for the full duration of overseas tours. The current policy restricts the stay of wives of players and support staff to just two weeks.

It is learnt that Kohli first broached the issue with a top BCCI official who in turn conveyed the team’s request to the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) headed by Vinod Rai and Diana Edulji.

Sources said that the CoA has now asked Indian team manager Sunil Subramaniam to make a formal request to change the rule but that they would not be taking a decision any time soon. Since this will require a shift in the BCCI’s stance, the CoA is expected to postpone the decision to a time when the new BCCI body will be in place.

“The request was made a few weeks back but as it is a BCCI policy decision, the manager will have to submit a formal request first. Anushka has been travelling with Kohli overseas, however, Kohli now wants the old rule to be abolished and a new policy should come up where wives should be allowed to travel with the Indian team,” a source said.

The cricketing world for long has been divided on allowing wives and girlfriends on long tours. At present, most countries have restricted family time. In 2007, after an Ashes disaster, the England and Wales Cricket Board asked an independent sports administrator to determine the reasons for the 5-0 whitewash against Australia. The report recommended a limit on the time wives and girlfriends should be allowed on tour. This did not go well with players and England’s star batsman Kevin Pietersenhad called the suggestion a “load of nonsense”.

Bhai tuu Ghar ee reh bibi ke paas! 

Edited by wanted_desi

I don't get it unlike others his wife has a successful career. Like Virat even she at best has 5-6 more years to be at the top of ladder. I doubt she has the time to spend 3 months in australia or for that matter 3 days at rajkot. 

I think being captain request could have been made by him on teams behalf. 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I don't get it unlike others his wife has a successful career. Like Virat even she at best has 5-6 more years to be at the top of ladder. I doubt she has the time to spend 3 months in australia or for that matter 3 days at rajkot. 

I think being captain request could have been made by him on teams behalf. 

Kohli is so rich does it really matter if she acts. Anyway she doesn’t do many movies now. 

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He's just trying to have some peace by allowing the preferences his wife is getting so far by sharing it with his teammate.
As if Rohit and Ritika will give it up.
Haw

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Who are Rohit and Ritika infront of Kohli?? any way Anushka has successful career unlike others also I think Kohli made this request  behalf of team not for himself only 

Virat has done biggest mistake his life to marry some Bollywood nob No one apart from some tharki director would marry these Bollywood queens  ( when their carrier is over and age also ) Sachin was a very clever guy to marry  a decent and educated woman. Who would want to like after spending 3 to 4 hectic months in eng  start promoting his wife film Sui dhaga........... ........... this is not some insightful and informative comment    ...... so sister Urmi Kabhi to chore do:pray:

Virat has done biggest mistake his life to marry some Bollywood nob No one apart from some tharki director would marry these Bollywood queens  ( when their carrier is over and age also ) Sachin was a very clever guy to marry  a decent and educated woman. Who would want to like after spending 3 to 4 hectic months in eng  start promoting his wife film Sui dhaga........... ........... this is not some insightful and informative comment    ...... so sister Urmi Kabhi to chore do:pray:

?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I think he does not want  a fixed time period as it does not suit his wife's schedule. By saying wives should be allowed on tours he wants that his wife can come and join him whenever it suits her  without the media going crazy about why her ? Where are the others? Like it happened last time when she came and attended the high commision visit after all the other wives had left or not yet arrived.

Edited by beetle