Hy'bad Test vs WI. Can we have a sporting pitch please?

zen

:pray: 

Roach and Holder are expected to be back for the Hy'bad test, if I am not wrong. Gabriel-Roach-Holder can be relatively more effective on a sporting pitch, making the game more exciting. From the Indian side, someone like Siraj can have a promising debut too. 

As for batting, Rahul (test avg 38) is hot or cold. Rahane (test avg 41) appears to be struggling. Who knows we could be looking for suitable replacements during the Aus tour so it may not be a bad idea to try out Agarwal and Vihari respectively. With Pujara and Kohli showing good rhythm, Ind can leverage on their good form and afford to risk playing new batsmen in the 11. 

Also it is promising to see Kuldeep adjusting positively to red ball cricket. There is nothing much to say about Ashwin and Jadeja in such conditions. Shami also chips in. Yadav needs to pull up his socks and bowl with steam or he risks being left out for the tour vs Aus. 

If the pitch is sporting, we can have an interesting game. Or expect Ind to pile up 500+. WI is expected to perform better than what it did in Rajkot. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Any information about the Pitch...

hope the pitch is truly green else i will try my best to avoid the match.

For my info, does Hy’bad have a history of preparing green wkts?

Edited by zen
16 hours ago, zen said:

:pray: 

Roach and Holder are expected to be back for the Hy'bad test, if I am not wrong. Gabriel-Roach-Holder can be relatively more effective on a sporting pitch, making the game more exciting. From the Indian side, someone like Siraj can have a promising debut too. 

As for batting, Rahul (test avg 38) is hot or cold. Rahane (test avg 41) appears to be struggling. Who knows we could be looking for suitable replacements during the Aus tour so it may not be a bad idea to try out Agarwal and Vihari respectively. With Pujara and Kohli showing good rhythm, Ind can leverage on their good form and afford to risk playing new batsmen in the 11. 

Also it is promising to see Kuldeep adjusting positively to red ball cricket. There is nothing much to say about Ashwin and Jadeja in such conditions. Shami also chips in. Yadav needs to pull up his socks and bowl with steam or he risks being left out for the tour vs Aus. 

If the pitch is sporting, we can have an interesting game. Or expect Ind to pile up 500+. WI is expected to perform better than what it did in Rajkot. 

Roach is now slower than what he was in past

And holder does get bounce but I feel he is also a trundler so they will be better than the weak current Lewis and Paul but still Gabriel is the only genuine challenge.

If Rahul and the baby opener play out first 30 balls of Gabriel then it's a century in the taking.

India gains nothing by beating WI when Indian spinners take 17 wickets and pacers just 3.

India always wins in India...if v win one more game against WI ..v can celebrate only if it's on a green pitch where WI has an equal chance to win.

Otherwise no team in the world can play Ashwin kuldip and jadoo on a turning track.

3 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

What use is that number 1 ranking then? 

Except on paper. 

Home wins are imp but glory lies in overseas wins. 

#1 ranking simply shows that as a team we are performing better than other teams 

Overseas wins is important but so is the ranking. Would you prefer we don’t win overseas and also lose the ranking? 

Right now now we are #1 not because we are like the past teams WI a d WI, but others are not as good as Ind when we take into account both home and overseas oerformances

We are producing much better bowlers now but lost generation great batsman.

We won gold medals in atheletics this yr asian games but lost our edge in kabaddi.

We will try to get better overseas but keep the 100% win home record intact.