Prabh Simran Singh- Another upcoming hard hitting WK batsman

SK_IH

I was really impressed with his range of hitting yesterday. An old article on him  https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/prabhsimran-singh-new-kid-on-the-block/articleshow/64753893.cms

Dejected after being overlooked for the Indian U-19 team by the national selectors, Patiala lad Prabhsimran Singh took out his frustration by scoring a strokeful 298 against Amritsar in the semifinal of the recently-concluded Punjab U-23 Inter-District Cricket Tournament.

His runs came off just 301 balls and 194 of those were in boundaries. Prabhsimran, who is also Punjab's U-19 captain, hit 29 fours and 13 sixes, falling short of an epic triple century by just two runs.

"I am still disappointed that I was not selected in the Indian U-19 team for the tour to Sri Lanka. The dejection is still there, but I let my bat do the talking. That's the only way to move forward," stated the 18-year-old, who idolises Virender Sehwag.

@rkt.india @express bowling  and others who follow domestics more can elaborate

On Monday, October 08, 2018 at 10:07 AM, SK_IH said:

I was really impressed with his range of hitting yesterday. An old article on him  https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/prabhsimran-singh-new-kid-on-the-block/articleshow/64753893.cms

@rkt.india @express bowling  and others who follow domestics more can elaborate

I have not watched him play ... so, won't comment.

14 hours ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Anyone with hotstar can go and watch his knock in the final of asia cup,mostly accross the line hoicks in the air.

first go watch yourself, there were shots on the off side as well, specially inside out over covers

Watched the highlights of him batting in the final at last.

Limited opinion can be formed from this.  But my observations based on just this video.

Likes  --

1.   Has the ability to hit both on the off side and on side.

2.   We badly need lower-middle order sloggers and high SR batters who can start hitting from ball one.  He could be an ideal candidate. 

3.   He waits on the backfoot while trying to slog pacers ... It is almost like a back and across pre-trigger movement.  Happens before the usual time of trigger movement.   This deep in the crease approach will help him hit genuine fast bowlers more easily as he will get more time.

4.   Has the ability to hit pacers.   This is needed as batsmen usually encounter pacers in the end overs.

5.   Impressive power and clean hitting for a kid.

6.   Performance in a final may indicate good temperament, although nothing conclusive.

Dislikes --

1.   He was losing balance while trying to slog spinners on the on-side.

2.   Has a front foot trigger movement while not trying to slog.  This may create problems on bouncier tracks.

Edited by express bowling