Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_rules

#MeToo India 2.0

Recommended Posts

India has finally caught up with #MeToo 2.0. A lot of celebs getting named last week starting with Tanushree Dutta naming Nana Patekar.

https://www.opindia.com/2018/10/now-co-founder-of-leftist-website-the-wire-accused-of-sexual-harassment/

 

AIB Chut*yas caught and covering up for sending D*ck pics. 

TheWire's co-founder!

 

Anurag Kashyap and his loonies!

 

Left or right, so the basic idea is to Name and Shame, while the world should accept the fact, repent and move on. There should be no fight back to some of the false allegations! 

 

The fact is the left that goes around championing the cause, always discredits those who accuse somebody of their ilk. This hypocrisy needs to be exposed. Tarun Tejpal effect. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coffee_rules said:

Agree, that the issue is much more a problem in India than in the west.

Mostly because of the shame associated with the victim instead of the abuser and the crime.

 

The day we can get over this...things will get a little better.

The hindi media is the worst with their "izzat lutna/ abroo lootna/ abroo taar taar hona" ****.

How about saying the abuser / rapist ne apni izzat loota di....

Sexual assaulter ne apne parivar ki izzat loota di....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

workplace @r.seholes who abuse the power and authority that they have exist everywhere.  And in India's ineffective legal environment, there is little fear of consequences for such creeps.  

 

And to add a personal non-fact based opinion - urban social life in India is evolving very fast.  Dating and relationships outside of marraige are becoming quite common.  The 'lines' and 'norms' of such things are quite unwritten and have not kept pace with the dizzying speeds of change.  And a lot of men don't have the luxury of guidance, conventional wisdom, etc to show them the path on what's acceptable and not.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

It depends on whether the person was doing it in general or doing it to make you uncomfortable or to get pleasure from making  you uncomfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

THis is not harassment , I think. Some disagreement over Nana Patekar was not supposed to be there, but they might have changed mind. She threw some tantrum and walked out. I don't feel this will do any good to the cause of sexual harassment.  Arnab, you are a loser in this.

 

She keeps saying your country, I never want to come here again, Your society is so medieval! Arnab is usually alll bombastic about being nationalistic is taking this lying down for the show.

 

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

how is that an inappropriate joke ?! that does not even sound like a joke. 

A sexually inappropriate joke would be something that steriotypes male or female genetalia or sexual behaviour in a demeaning way. 

 

like saying something like " you think seven years bad luck for breaking a mirror is bad ?! try breaking a condom in use" or " my husband said last night 'I bought a box of Olympic condoms. I think i will wear gold tonight', so i said ' why don't you wear the silver ones tonight and come second for a change ?' are just funny (or not funny depending on your sense of humor) jokes. Nothing inappropriate about them. 

Edited by Muloghonto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

 

THis is not harassment , I think. Some disagreement over Nana Patekar was not supposed to be there, but they might have changed mind. She threw some tantrum and walked out. I don't feel this will do any good to the cause of sexual harassment.  Arnab, you are a loser in this.

 

She keeps saying your country, I never want to come here again, Your society is so medieval! Arnab is usually alll bombastic about being nationalistic is taking this lying down for the show.

 

Because Arnab is not a blind nationalist, he quite knows the sexual assault/harassment problem in India is rampant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Because Arnab is not a blind nationalist, he quite knows the sexual assault/harassment problem in India is rampant. 

LOL you think he's not a blind nationalist? I still remember how blabbered and blasted Sreesanth when he said he could play for another country and Arnab automatically assumed he was talking about Pakistan or Bangladesh. The only thing I can gather from this interview is a burning hot and that's the reason he wasn't in full form like he's the other days. I won't be shocked if he gets exposed in coming days too since all the moaners of women's right etc also got exposed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

LOL you think he's not a blind nationalist? I still remember how blabbered and blasted Sreesanth when he said he could play for another country and Arnab automatically assumed he was talking about Pakistan or Bangladesh. The only thing I can gather from this interview is a burning hot and that's the reason he wasn't in full form like he's the other days. I won't be shocked if he gets exposed in coming days too since all the moaners of women's right etc also got exposed

Kid, you need to grow up more and get way more education, if you can compare the notion of playing for another nation (which is a theoretical personal opinion), versus accepting/denying a phenomenal occurance ( sexual harassment) in society. 

 

Highlighted part is indicative of why living in a jaahil oppressive nation like the UAE + being a kid who isnt very well educated, will rot your brain. 

Edited by Muloghonto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Kid, you need to grow up more and get way more education, if you can compare the notion of playing for another nation (which is a theoretical personal opinion), versus accepting/denying a phenomenal occurance ( sexual harassment) in society. 

 

Highlighted part is indicative of why living in a jaahil oppressive nation like the UAE + being a kid who isnt very well educated, will rot your brain. 

Ok so didn't people from AIB got exposed too? What happened when they were teaching us about how to respect women's right yet they continued to harass women in their ranks. They got away with it till now because they are well connected to the industry and rats like Rohan Joshi are related to filmy families in one way or another. The only women safe in the industry are nepotistic women all others got harassed at some point of their career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Ok so didn't people from AIB got exposed too? What happened when they were teaching us about how to respect women's right yet they continued to harass women in their ranks. They got away with it till now because they are well connected to the industry and rats like Rohan Joshi are related to filmy families in one way or another. The only women safe in the industry are nepotistic women all others got harassed at some point of their career.

why are you so surprised by this ? Is it because you are so freaking young, you think that every adult out there has integrity ?!

Maybe so.


But here is a life-lesson for you: a big chunk of humanity are hypocrites. They will preach A but do !A in their own life. It has nothing to do with left or right and is especially bad when people are in position of power. Hence catholic priests and muslim imams raping lil kids is such an epidemic. Same with glamorous liberal sounding people in power who will refute those principles to abuse power. 

 

 

Anyways, you are digressing. I am simply pointing out, that whether someone should/should not play for another nation is purely an opinion on what SHOULD be. Arnab didn't deny the FACT that many players play for foreign teams (such as Saffers for England for eg or all the players for Hong Kong, UAE etc). Similarly, Arnab is not going to dispute the FACT that many women in India get sexually harassed.


Learn some basic logic for comparisons, please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, I dont understand the point of having these 'dinners' at all with the co-stars. Everyone knows what happens in them, It's either rave parties or women getting their drinks spiked and then getting exploited. I would ban all such parties and dinners if I ever get power of my company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

First of all, I dont understand the point of having these 'dinners' at all with the co-stars.

Thats because you are a kid with no real experience in the adult world. Dinner with co-workers/bosses etc. is a very common thing in service & information industries. Better team bonding and in many cases (especially in the movie industry - i know because where i live is the 2nd largest movie industry in North America - they work 12-14 hour days at shoots), there simply is not enough hours in the day to fit in everything. 

If you ever get into management, book-mark this page and laugh in future, because you will be meeting clients, team-members, bosses, underlings, etc. over dinner, over golf, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Everyone knows what happens in them, It's either rave parties or women getting their drinks spiked and then getting exploited. I would ban all such parties and dinners if I ever get power of my company

LOL.

You are such an opinionated person for so little experience. Heres a little tidbit for you - British Columbia is known for its long-weekend raves in the summers. So many EDM events that are basically go camping with 5000+ people for 3-4 days --> rave at night, recover at day. I once helped set up Shabhala. It gets 11-12K people. Biggest rave pretty much on the west coast. Full of security, help centers, etc. Every year about 10-30 women report getting their drinks spiked or getting exploited. You do the math on how common it is. 

Here's a thing - once you leave the boring, no party nation called UAE, you will realize, that most people, especially women, are SAFER in big crowds than inviting a colleague/acquaintance to their homes.  This goes for raves too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Thats because you are a kid with no real experience in the adult world. Dinner with co-workers/bosses etc. is a very common thing in service & information industries. Better team bonding and in many cases (especially in the movie industry - i know because where i live is the 2nd largest movie industry in North America - they work 12-14 hour days at shoots), there simply is not enough hours in the day to fit in everything. 

If you ever get into management, book-mark this page and laugh in future, because you will be meeting clients, team-members, bosses, underlings, etc. over dinner, over golf, etc. 

LOL.

You are such an opinionated person for so little experience. Heres a little tidbit for you - British Columbia is known for its long-weekend raves in the summers. So many EDM events that are basically go camping with 5000+ people for 3-4 days --> rave at night, recover at day. I once helped set up Shabhala. It gets 11-12K people. Biggest rave pretty much on the west coast. Full of security, help centers, etc. Every year about 10-30 women report getting their drinks spiked or getting exploited. You do the math on how common it is. 

Here's a thing - once you leave the boring, no party nation called UAE, you will realize, that most people, especially women, are SAFER in big crowds than inviting a colleague/acquaintance to their homes.  This goes for raves too. 

So you're trying to defend drug abuse? You're a real creep tbh. Do you know how many people die due to drug overdose? Seems like you are smoking some kind of drug as well no wonder you have no other job as you keep on posting here all day and night. GET A LIFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

So you're trying to defend drug abuse? You're a real creep tbh.

Abuse ? nope. Use ? for certain drugs, sure. Didn't harm anyone much for dropping MDMA or E 4-5 times a year at raves. Much better than drinking a gallon of beer every weekend in the long term. 

1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Do you know how many people die due to drug overdose?

Do you know what drugs you can even overdose and die from ? Here's a clue for you - you cant overdose really on weed, acid or mdma. 
The most common drug for overdose are opiates and cocaine. Cocaine is quite literally affordable by people making 100K or more ( or you got to prostitute yourself/rob people). Doing heroin or opiates at a rave is as stupid as taking a laxative before boarding a plane. Its quite literally the opposite of what you want to do.


But since your education doesn't cover these, i am not surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Abuse ? nope. Use ? for certain drugs, sure. Didn't harm anyone much for dropping MDMA or E 4-5 times a year at raves. Much better than drinking a gallon of beer every weekend in the long term. 

Do you know what drugs you can even overdose and die from ? Here's a clue for you - you cant overdose really on weed, acid or mdma. 
The most common drug for overdose are opiates and cocaine. Cocaine is quite literally affordable by people making 100K or more ( or you got to prostitute yourself/rob people). Doing heroin or opiates at a rave is as stupid as taking a laxative before boarding a plane. Its quite literally the opposite of what you want to do.


But since your education doesn't cover these, i am not surprised. 

Drugs are bad for health and I wonder why the hell even someone would defend it but since you are a jobless person and most probably an addict, I can see why you are defending it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Drugs are bad for health and I wonder why the hell even someone would defend it but since you are a jobless person and most probably an addict, I can see why you are defending it.

Living is bad for health. 
Alcohol is bad for health. Red meat is bad for health. Should i go on ?

And what the hell do you even know about the various drugs and stuff anyways ?  Did you never learn the concept of 'i shall not form strong opinions on a subject before i educate myself on the topic' ? 


Unlike you, i live in a country where people are okay with grown a$$ adults taking mind-altering substances for fun, so long as they are not being idiots about it. 
its fine if you don't want to use it, but its also fine if someone wants to use party drugs once in a while. 

As for jobless - bud, i work as a coder from a laptop. Its not hard to leave ICF running in the background and respond from time to time. Trust a teenager from a repressed nation, who hasn't been taught how to think, making random assumptions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So whose next? Looking at the frenzy on twitter, bigger names create more hoopla - again its all on twitter without zero accountability and full support from media houses.

I say ultimately it will reach Modi, the way it is going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Look at the arrogance, as if he & his partners are doing us some kind of divine obligation by closing down the company. Who will be answerable to those people who worked for their company tirelessly for years? And they would be out of their job because of Vikas Behl.
No one is happy or enjoying what is currently being unfolded, it is just that despite knowing the issue Anurag, Madhu Mantena, Vikram failed to address the issue properly. If it takes an article in a daily to address sexual harassement or molestation at your workplace then shame on you.

Edited by Turning_track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shunya said:

So whose next? Looking at the frenzy on twitter, bigger names create more hoopla - again its all on twitter without zero accountability and full support from media houses.

I say ultimately it will reach Modi, the way it is going.

so what if it reaches Modi...nothing will happen to him...just like Trump he is invincible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Waiting for one day where big names will be mentioned in this movement. I believe most of the women in the Industry have been exploited at some point. 

Men in India is already entitled,if they are rich and powerful,the entitlement goes to whole new level...Unless if she is a star kid,,the actresses never have the same advantage,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, riya said:

Men in India is already entitled,if they are rich and powerful,the entitlement goes to whole new level...Unless if she is a star kid,,the actresses never have the same advantage,,,

Thats why it would be important to name and shame these big names. Problem with Bollywood is that, if you after these guys, instead of them getting fired from projects, its the accuser who will get vanished from Industry. There is a gang of these guys, they stick with each other in such times. Reason is that all of them are abusers.  

Edited by wanted_desi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riya said:

so what if it reaches Modi...nothing will happen to him...just like Trump he is invincible...

My point was this whole twitter naming and shaming is grounds for people to just get back at each other for personal and political gains...there is zero accountability... once everyone blames all sides LW, RW, hindu, muslims, etc etc... people will start taking sides on what to believe and what not... that itself will make most of this bullshit... actual abuse cases will just get drowned in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an age-old problem every guy is aware of. I myself have witnessed in buses as a young kid, I have heard from some close females what kind of harassment they were subjected to.  I heard all these things much before any #metoo movement. I have no problem people naming people as it will prevent future occurrences.  I am sure more will step forward to corroborate the story. Just give some time. Bollywood goons will try to silence this like they always do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Thats why it would be important to name and shame these big names. Problem with Bollywood is that, if you after these guys, instead of them getting fired from projects, its the accuser who will get vanished from Industry. There is a gang of these guys, they stick with each other in such times. Reason is that all of them are abusers.  

Naming anyone without proof is not shaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Naming anyone without proof is not shaming

But that is the actual intention of this movement. They have created the media frenzy and created the perception that social media namecalling is not just shameful, it is almost like pronouncing a judgement bypassing everyone. They are enjoying the power it gives. Dunno how true and longlasting this will be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

There would hardly be any proof. Unless you are recording someone illegally.  It is just when more than 1 women comes across naming same person, that's a proof by itself to shame someone. 

In normal circumstances it is true , but here we are talking about Bollywood. Being in media is your life , bread and butter. A few weeks ago very few knew who the hell is Tanushree , today her name is well known. In that case if more women come and make allegation then it won't be a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, beetle said:

If women in our families start talking about their bad experiences, more men will get sensitized about this.

this is a very key point, brilliant. When i learnt from a close family member recounting how they were harassed in a bus, it had a telling impact on me as a young adult, pretty much defined my morality then on - objectification of women the fundamental flaw of Inidan society - and the tendency to sweep everything under with the honor shame culture ( which is very  alien concept ' of a particular desert culture origin' for India as hindu high philosophy speaks about how not to sin and if then the toiling path to redemption throughout ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

how are they supposed to have proof ? 

if someone grabs your testicles during an interview, how do you prove it ? 
if the woman had a camera running and showed us the footage, we'd think its entrapment. 

No proof No punishment. Sorry Bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

how are they supposed to have proof ? 

if someone grabs your testicles during an interview, how do you prove it ? 
if the woman had a camera running and showed us the footage, we'd think its entrapment. 

So why should we believe them? Media is no place to get justice.Most women like Rohtak sisters , Jasleen who went to media rather than police were found to be fake.Go to police , women's commission etc.media is no place to get justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

So why should we believe them? Media is no place to get justice.Most women like Rohtak sisters , Jasleen who went to media rather than police were found to be fake.Go to police , women's commission etc.media is no place to get justice.

Because women have far more to lose by coming out with these claims than to gain. Infact i'd say coming out to the media IS the right choice, because they simply want to identify the assailants and expose them. Going to the police will be seen as a gold-digging thing to do, as natural progression is towards compensation if case is solid/police is supportive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Because women have far more to lose by coming out with these claims than to gain. Infact i'd say coming out to the media IS the right choice, because they simply want to identify the assailants and expose them. Going to the police will be seen as a gold-digging thing to do, as natural progression is towards compensation if case is solid/police is supportive.

R U kidding , we are not talking about some muslim women in UP. We are talking about Bollywood , by hook or crook you have to be in media for your bread and butter. Tanushree got prime time interviews may be some films on card. What she is going to loose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

good be friends with her man, but be safe dont think you can ask her any favors when i say friends its just friends because she seems to be a fun person - but if you judge her and think you can get favors thats when it enters the harassment territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Singh bling said:

R U kidding , we are not talking about some muslim women in UP. We are talking about Bollywood , by hook or crook you have to be in media for your bread and butter. Tanushree got prime time interviews may be some films on card. What she is going to loose?

she is going against the men who control bollywood. Risk of being blackballed is far real. As i said, i'd rather they go to the media than police, because going to police will be seen as gold digging. Here, they have very little to gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

and thats how rape perpetuates. When your sister/mom/daughter comes to you and say they've been raped, ask for proof too, bro. 

 

And people like you should punish yourself , father/brother/son if a woman comes and say you/ he raped me  without even asking them whether it is true or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

she is going against the men who control bollywood. Risk of being blackballed is far real. As i said, i'd rather they go to the media than police, because going to police will be seen as gold digging. Here, they have very little to gain. 

:hysterical: these people who apart from Nana i have to Google control Bollywood.Let me see how many women speak against Salman .Even when a court verdict comes refuse to speak against them or support them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×