#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Thats because you are a kid with no real experience in the adult world. Dinner with co-workers/bosses etc. is a very common thing in service & information industries. Better team bonding and in many cases (especially in the movie industry - i know because where i live is the 2nd largest movie industry in North America - they work 12-14 hour days at shoots), there simply is not enough hours in the day to fit in everything. 

If you ever get into management, book-mark this page and laugh in future, because you will be meeting clients, team-members, bosses, underlings, etc. over dinner, over golf, etc. 

LOL.

You are such an opinionated person for so little experience. Heres a little tidbit for you - British Columbia is known for its long-weekend raves in the summers. So many EDM events that are basically go camping with 5000+ people for 3-4 days --> rave at night, recover at day. I once helped set up Shabhala. It gets 11-12K people. Biggest rave pretty much on the west coast. Full of security, help centers, etc. Every year about 10-30 women report getting their drinks spiked or getting exploited. You do the math on how common it is. 

Here's a thing - once you leave the boring, no party nation called UAE, you will realize, that most people, especially women, are SAFER in big crowds than inviting a colleague/acquaintance to their homes.  This goes for raves too. 

So you're trying to defend drug abuse? You're a real creep tbh. Do you know how many people die due to drug overdose? Seems like you are smoking some kind of drug as well no wonder you have no other job as you keep on posting here all day and night. GET A LIFE

1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

So you're trying to defend drug abuse? You're a real creep tbh.

Abuse ? nope. Use ? for certain drugs, sure. Didn't harm anyone much for dropping MDMA or E 4-5 times a year at raves. Much better than drinking a gallon of beer every weekend in the long term. 

1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Do you know how many people die due to drug overdose?

Do you know what drugs you can even overdose and die from ? Here's a clue for you - you cant overdose really on weed, acid or mdma. 
The most common drug for overdose are opiates and cocaine. Cocaine is quite literally affordable by people making 100K or more ( or you got to prostitute yourself/rob people). Doing heroin or opiates at a rave is as stupid as taking a laxative before boarding a plane. Its quite literally the opposite of what you want to do.

But since your education doesn't cover these, i am not surprised. 

34 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Abuse ? nope. Use ? for certain drugs, sure. Didn't harm anyone much for dropping MDMA or E 4-5 times a year at raves. Much better than drinking a gallon of beer every weekend in the long term. 

Do you know what drugs you can even overdose and die from ? Here's a clue for you - you cant overdose really on weed, acid or mdma. 
The most common drug for overdose are opiates and cocaine. Cocaine is quite literally affordable by people making 100K or more ( or you got to prostitute yourself/rob people). Doing heroin or opiates at a rave is as stupid as taking a laxative before boarding a plane. Its quite literally the opposite of what you want to do.

But since your education doesn't cover these, i am not surprised. 

Drugs are bad for health and I wonder why the hell even someone would defend it but since you are a jobless person and most probably an addict, I can see why you are defending it.

9 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Drugs are bad for health and I wonder why the hell even someone would defend it but since you are a jobless person and most probably an addict, I can see why you are defending it.

Living is bad for health. 
Alcohol is bad for health. Red meat is bad for health. Should i go on ?

And what the hell do you even know about the various drugs and stuff anyways ?  Did you never learn the concept of 'i shall not form strong opinions on a subject before i educate myself on the topic' ? 

Unlike you, i live in a country where people are okay with grown a$$ adults taking mind-altering substances for fun, so long as they are not being idiots about it. 
its fine if you don't want to use it, but its also fine if someone wants to use party drugs once in a while. 

As for jobless - bud, i work as a coder from a laptop. Its not hard to leave ICF running in the background and respond from time to time. Trust a teenager from a repressed nation, who hasn't been taught how to think, making random assumptions. 

So whose next? Looking at the frenzy on twitter, bigger names create more hoopla - again its all on twitter without zero accountability and full support from media houses.

I say ultimately it will reach Modi, the way it is going.

Look at the arrogance, as if he & his partners are doing us some kind of divine obligation by closing down the company. Who will be answerable to those people who worked for their company tirelessly for years? And they would be out of their job because of Vikas Behl.
No one is happy or enjoying what is currently being unfolded, it is just that despite knowing the issue Anurag, Madhu Mantena, Vikram failed to address the issue properly. If it takes an article in a daily to address sexual harassement or molestation at your workplace then shame on you.

Edited by Turning_track

6 hours ago, Shunya said:

So whose next? Looking at the frenzy on twitter, bigger names create more hoopla - again its all on twitter without zero accountability and full support from media houses.

I say ultimately it will reach Modi, the way it is going.

so what if it reaches Modi...nothing will happen to him...just like Trump he is invincible...

6 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Waiting for one day where big names will be mentioned in this movement. I believe most of the women in the Industry have been exploited at some point. 

Men in India is already entitled,if they are rich and powerful,the entitlement goes to whole new level...Unless if she is a star kid,,the actresses never have the same advantage,,,

18 minutes ago, riya said:

Men in India is already entitled,if they are rich and powerful,the entitlement goes to whole new level...Unless if she is a star kid,,the actresses never have the same advantage,,,

Thats why it would be important to name and shame these big names. Problem with Bollywood is that, if you after these guys, instead of them getting fired from projects, its the accuser who will get vanished from Industry. There is a gang of these guys, they stick with each other in such times. Reason is that all of them are abusers.  

Edited by wanted_desi

1 hour ago, riya said:

so what if it reaches Modi...nothing will happen to him...just like Trump he is invincible...

My point was this whole twitter naming and shaming is grounds for people to just get back at each other for personal and political gains...there is zero accountability... once everyone blames all sides LW, RW, hindu, muslims, etc etc... people will start taking sides on what to believe and what not... that itself will make most of this bullshit... actual abuse cases will just get drowned in it...

This is an age-old problem every guy is aware of. I myself have witnessed in buses as a young kid, I have heard from some close females what kind of harassment they were subjected to.  I heard all these things much before any #metoo movement. I have no problem people naming people as it will prevent future occurrences.  I am sure more will step forward to corroborate the story. Just give some time. Bollywood goons will try to silence this like they always do. 

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Thats why it would be important to name and shame these big names. Problem with Bollywood is that, if you after these guys, instead of them getting fired from projects, its the accuser who will get vanished from Industry. There is a gang of these guys, they stick with each other in such times. Reason is that all of them are abusers.  

Naming anyone without proof is not shaming

19 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Naming anyone without proof is not shaming

But that is the actual intention of this movement. They have created the media frenzy and created the perception that social media namecalling is not just shameful, it is almost like pronouncing a judgement bypassing everyone. They are enjoying the power it gives. Dunno how true and longlasting this will be.  

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

There would hardly be any proof. Unless you are recording someone illegally.  It is just when more than 1 women comes across naming same person, that's a proof by itself to shame someone. 

In normal circumstances it is true , but here we are talking about Bollywood. Being in media is your life , bread and butter. A few weeks ago very few knew who the hell is Tanushree , today her name is well known. In that case if more women come and make allegation then it won't be a surprise.