#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

^^ We all get vibes about a person. Vinita Nanda, I really felt bad for her. Sorry, I can't force myself to feel bad for a fake like Tanushree. All her case, he was not supposed to be in the scene, she was forced to do a scene with him. It was an ego clash, not a sexual harassment. She is causing more harm to people with genuine problems. 

Sounds a lot like ' i dont like this person's personality, so i will automatically dislike them/not believe them' and vice versa from you. 

Not very objective. 

36 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

^^ We all get vibes about a person. Vinita Nanda, I really felt bad for her. Sorry, I can't force myself to feel bad for a fake like Tanushree. All her case, he was not supposed to be in the scene, she was forced to do a scene with him. It was an ego clash, not a sexual harassment. She is causing more harm to people with genuine problems. 

n what is that vibe

Coz tanushree dutta has done bold stuff in her movies so means she is fake 

It was not an ego clash from her side, she said is not comfortable.......thats it baat khatam waha pe 

If a women is not comfortable thats it n to her support it wasnt conveyed to her before 

Getting her blacklisted through MNS

how is that justified??/

how do u justify this ?

57 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

In case of your husband, you want courts to prove his innocence, but in case of others, like Tanushree Dutta, you believe she's genuine and can throw any allegation at anybody, without any accountability or consequence. 

Let them go to court. If proven wrong....let the accused take her to court.

Why are you so ready to not believe her?

Tanushree case  is not a new one.

When it happened, there was a lot of public harrassment .

Why can't you people see the larger good that this will hopefully bring for the women of this country?

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Isnt this hypocritical?

On one hand you believe everything that is said by women in media is true but when it is one of your own men who is accused you want to wait till it is proven. This is ridiculously biased mob lynching.

When someone does provide rebuttals or file counter cases, feminazis still continue to shame them in media saying "Look this man is filing case against me and harrasing me. He is trying to subdue my voice and harrasing me and my family by asking me to go to court". 

No wonder ppl hate feminazis, they are the biggest enemies of the real victims. 

Do you know nana patekar or alok nath?

Can you vouch for them without knowing them ?

Do you know the same way as your spouse or sibling?

If a wife believes her husband, she should stand by him till he is not proven guilty.

Same goes for brother or son....unless there is clear prove .

Where is the question of hypocricy?

The case goes to court to be proven either ways.

How is it unfair?

As for these celebrities getting bad name

.....that is what being a celebrity means. You get in the spotlight for good or bad  very easily.

That is the price you pay for stardom.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

It's not always personal. When a #MeToo goes around championing a cause of Tanushree Dutta as a genuine case of harassment, we cynics call out the hypocrisy. There are umpteen genuine cases in India, when people like Arnab back fake people like Tanushree, they don't know they are diluting the movement and the very basic cause. 

No there is no diluting.

In this country sexual harrasent that does not involve 'forced sexual intercourse with injuries to prove it was forced  ' is taken too lightly.

Women are just expected to put up with other kinds of harrasement where ' the purity of the women' is not looted. 

It is time to put an end to this . 

Sexual harrassement begins with making people uncomfortable. It begins with taking pleasure in making others uncomfortable. 

Time for perverts to learn the boundaries  that  they do not have a right to force anything on others. 

Time for them to understand that what they have been doing till now makes them sexual abusers.

Tanushree's or others cases are just that .

Wish you could become a women in a crowded bus to know what sexual harrassment women have to go through in this country .

I have personally heard these assholes say' ghar se kyun nikalti ho' when the girls going to college object to there groping.

10 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok. So answer my question - what is proof in your eyes and what proof should men or women bring when it comes to accusations ? ( btw, i am not pro-women on this case, i am just pro-victim. If a dude comes to me and tells me a woman fondled him without permission and she denies it, i too will be inclined to believe the guy). 

Each case is different so evidence depend on that.First thing is file complaint instantly then police can verify from the people around their whether the events described by woman are true.Moreover sharp police officers can easily distinguish who is lieing and who is speaking truth.One thing is sure there can hardly be evidence if case is filed after 10-20 or 30 years after incident.

10 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

But i do support shaming them and naming them publicly because this is the sort of crime, that doesn't leave credible proofs anyways in most cases. 

Shaming is form of instant justice, this mentality give birth to lynchings where people feel they have to do justice on mere accusation or suspicion

8 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Alok Nath when you work in that infamous Bidaai serial- used to demand call girls in his vanity van

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Pehle toh tumne kabhi Alok Jee ke baare main kabhi Kuch  khulasa nahi kiya,  aaj  media ki afwaao ke baad tum bhi unke charitra par keechad uchalna shuru. 

Yeh toh Bandwagon pe jump maarne wali baat ho gayi. 

Edited by rageaddict

11 hours ago, Singh bling said:

In that case I have to say that it will be biggest curse to have you as Male relative or friend.

What jasleen kaur or Rohtak sisters lost.All of them awarded while careers of guys badly suffered.

And yes most rape cases go unreported but in area where they go unreported neither feminists nor anyone care to reach

How many such cases are there compared to the number of women who go through vile sexual harrassment every single day in this country.

While people rightfully have sympathy for such guys.....have some sympathy for the many many girls who stay quiet and suffer the humiliation  because they are expected to prove  that some one touched, groped , rubbed or poked them .

How does one prove that unless people are ready to stand by her and appear as witnesses?

2 hours ago, beetle said:

I have answered your question...now your turn.

If your daughter or sister goes out to work....would you like an environment where the perverts  can sexually harrass her in subtle and not so subtle ways.

Where her job security depends on her willingless to tolerate this kind of behavior.....

or would you like an environment where these perverts will be scared of sexually harrassing her because they know her word will be heard with fairness and not just taken as a female rant .

Me too is not just about accusations.

It is about making a safer place for all .

Your women, my women , our women and also men who are exploited.

I definitely want safe environment for her but rather than creating hungama on social media I want her to file complaint with appropriate authorities

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

How many such cases are there compared to the number of women who go through vile sexual harrassment every single day in this country.

While people rightfully have sympathy for such guys.....have some sympathy for the many many girls who stay quiet and suffer the humiliation  because they are expected to prove  that some one touched, groped , rubbed or poked them .

How does one prove that unless people are ready to stand by her and appear as witnesses?

Where did I say I have no sympathy for real victims.Infact you people by blindly supporting anyone just weaken their cases too

2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I definitely want safe environment for her but rather than creating hungama on social media I want her to file complaint with appropriate authorities

Singh sahab,

Sometimes, the authorities refuse to entertain the oppressed because the perpetrators come from that strata of the society which can influence and control the authorities. That's when the social media hungama makes it difficult for the authorities to ignore the complainant. I know its hardly an ideal situation, but its a short term fix. There are cases where social media pressure has forced the authorities to file cases and follow up.

22 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Each case is different so evidence depend on that.

I asked YOU, if someone came to YOU and said 'he/she raped me', what constitutes evidence for YOU? 
You are dodging the question and we all know why - because we all know, that evidence in these kind of cases (especially 1on1 rape) is practically non-existent. 

First thing is file complaint instantly then police can verify from the people around their whether the events described by woman are true.

How is this going to work if you groped someone, invited them over to your place for dinner and then raped them ? What people are around there ?

If i touch your nut-sack after coming to your room in the office, what people are there ?!

Moreover sharp police officers can easily distinguish who is lieing and who is speaking truth.

More nonsense. Plenty of policemen turn away genuine victims because they can't be bothered to investigate in India. 

One thing is sure there can hardly be evidence if case is filed after 10-20 or 30 years after incident.

Ok, so even if it 2 days after i come into your office, grab your junk and sexually assault you, what evidence is there ? 

Shaming is form of instant justice, this mentality give birth to lynchings where people feel they have to do justice on mere accusation or suspicion

Only if you are an extremist moron. Shaming needs to occur because there is hardly any evidence that is left behind in most of these cases in the first place. 

Edited by Muloghonto

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Singh sahab,

Sometimes, the authorities refuse to entertain the oppressed because the perpetrators come from that strata of the society which can influence and control the authorities. That's when the social media hungama makes it difficult for the authorities to ignore the complainant. I know its hardly an ideal situation, but its a short term fix. There are cases where social media pressure has forced the authorities to file cases and follow up.

In the country of 1.3 billion people how many can get justice through social media , 5,10,15 ,20 .

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

So you want people to be arrested based on he-said/she said, but pointing them out at social media is a no-no. Makes zero sense, as usual. 

4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

In the country of 1.3 billion people how many can get justice through social media , 5,10,15 ,20 .

math is not my strong suit. But 1,5,10,15,20 is still > 0.

Like I said, this is a short fix. Maybe even a deterrent. If this kind of a media blitz leading to an actual conviction makes even a single to be perpetrator change his/her mind, I'd say mission accomplished.

In both Tanushrees case or Navneet Nishan's case...there are eitger witnesses or multiple accusers. Still these women have to go through so much cynicism ans the worst kind of abuse in the social media.

What chance does a women who got abused in a lonely place without witness has with these kind of people?