#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

Pehle toh tumne kabhi Alok Jee ke baare main kabhi Kuch  khulasa nahi kiya,  aaj  media ki afwaao ke baad tum bhi unke charitra par keechad uchalna shuru. 

Yeh toh Bandwagon pe jump maarne wali baat ho gayi. 
That's because I don't have energy to say all gossips at one time.
I only say relevant stuff at relevant times

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, beetle said:

Do you know nana patekar or alok nath?

Can you vouch for them without knowing them ?

Do you know the same way as your spouse or sibling?

If a wife believes her husband, she should stand by him till he is not proven guilty.

Same goes for brother or son....unless there is clear prove .

Where is the question of hypocricy?

The case goes to court to be proven either ways.

How is it unfair?

As for these celebrities getting bad name

.....that is what being a celebrity means. You get in the spotlight for good or bad  very easily.

That is the price you pay for stardom.

Bollywood is all crap. Everyone is fake as per me. So I have no sides to take. Male, female, trans - all are fake.

But overall in general life, feminazis are constantly creating an atmosphere of hatred towards men which is a problem for me. Just like women were oppressed, now women want men to be oppressed. 

Naming and shaming should be accepted only after proper investigation or if competent authorities have failed in taking certain steps. For eg police not filing a case or your HR dept at work not acting on a complaint, etc. These depts who should be held accountable for not acting are the biggest culprits IMO. Just like diginity, mental peace of victim is important, what if the accused who is wrongly framed loses his/her dignity, mental peace or even life. Isnt that a problem for you at all?

I have a problem with "Women are always true and honest" This is gross injustice to every single man who is living his life in lawful manner. I face such discrimination in my life on daily basis as well. And IMO most of the feminist men are actually the biggest predators around. They just use this facade of being champions of feminism to eventually do everything that girls called harassment. 

19 minutes ago, Shunya said:

But overall in general life, feminazis are constantly creating an atmosphere of hatred towards men which is a problem for me. Just like women were oppressed, now women want men to be oppressed. 

i see very little evidence of this, since the overwhelming majority of feminists simply want to equal the scales. Citing 1 out of a 1000 crackpot extremist does not prove your point. 

Naming and shaming should be accepted only after proper investigation or if competent authorities have failed in taking certain steps. For eg police not filing a case or your HR dept at work not acting on a complaint, etc. These depts who should be held accountable for not acting are the biggest culprits IMO. Just like diginity, mental peace of victim is important, what if the accused who is wrongly framed loses his/her dignity, mental peace or even life. Isnt that a problem for you at all?

Whats the point of naming and shaming if there is proper police-work ? if found guilty, they are going to jail or going to offer compensation. 
I support naming and shaming in cases where evidence is not easily obtainable. 

As for dignity, peace, etc - the overwhelming majority of people being named are not false accusations. False accusations account for less than 10% of all accusations. 
So i see no problem with naming and shaming, where there is no legal consequences, considering that the 10% who are falsely accused, face no legal or criminal action due to simply naming and shaming. 

I have a problem with "Women are always true and honest" This is gross injustice to every single man who is living his life in lawful manner.

This is not just about women. Men have also been sexually assaulted by women and they too are part of #MeToo. 

I face such discrimination in my life on daily basis as well. 

People have falsely accused you of sexually inappropriate behaviour ?!

And IMO most of the feminist men are actually the biggest predators around. They just use this facade of being champions of feminism to eventually do everything that girls called harassment. 

False. Most men who are feminist are simply tired of seeing women (and some men) suffer systemic injustices, especially when it comes to sexual assault. 

You all want ' innocent until proven guilty' before anyone accuses anyone of sexual crimes, but you all refuse to answer the simple question of what constitutes evidence, if  you invite me for dinner at your place, i accept and then you assault me sexually ? 

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/singer-chinmayi-sripaada-names-poet-vairamuthu-in-metoo-story-siddharth-tweets-support-1929438?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Year 2005/2006 maybe.
Veezhamattom. An album for Srilankan Tamizhs that I had sung in, as had Manikka Vinayagam sir.
I dont remember if it was a book or an album release or both now; the performances and launch happened in Switzerland in (Bern / Zurich maybe)

We sang. We went to Switzerland. We performed.

Everyone left. Only my mother and I were asked to stay back.

The organizer(I dont remember his name) asked me to visit Vairamuthu sir in a hotel in Lucerne.

3, maybe 4 years ago, he had a book release function & asked me to sing Tamizh Thaai vaazhthu.
I said I would be unable to.
He in turn responded ‘I ll tell (a politician) you spoke ill of him on stage, yelled at me and kept the phone down
I bawled. My parents in law consoled me

Then had the courage to call his manager back & told him ‘I ll go and tell the same politician you re lying because I have NEVER given a political speech and HE will trust ME.
This for refusing to sing.

And you ask why victims dont name him?!

To hell with those of you who do.

Vairamuthu was outed as an alleged sexual predator by several women on social media. Some harrowing accounts of survivors have been shared by Chimayi while many have been posted on Twitter by journalist Sandhya Menon, who has been posting #MeToo stories of several women.

QUestion to the cynics: what are these people gaining here by naming these guys.

Do you not see any positive from this?

Do you think this guy will dare to do this to another women so blatently in future?

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Harassment when she says no to your advances but you still try to force yourself on her

making any advance on a coworker is harrasment. Some people dont say no that does not mean they want it so its still harrasment. 

If you force yourself on some one its molestation or rape lol.. Be safe rkt.

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Correction: she has nothing to gain. Talking about an embarassing event, especially in a country where a large # of people will see you as 'damaged goods / sucks to be you/loss of dignity' sounds like plenty to lose. 

An ex-actress, who is not suing anyone, risking humiliation, scorn and not to mention, re-living a traumatic event, is pretty much the definition of a 'nothing to gain, lots to lose' situation. 

i dont think she is doing this to gain anything.  There was certainly an incident in 2008 but was that sexual harassment? I do not think it was a case of sexual harassment.  Yes, maybe misconduct or ill tempered behavior.  Both are different things.  

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

i You all want ' innocent until proven guilty' before anyone accuses anyone of sexual crimes, but you all refuse to answer the simple question of what constitutes evidence, if  you invite me for dinner at your place, i accept and then you assault me sexually ? 

Obviously any form of sexual assault is a crime, regardless of who has done it. There is no question about it. But sorry, I cannot accept that "women are always true and whatever they say has to be accepted" - This is just illogical and nowhere closer to justice. I would like police, courts, organizations, women cell in workplace, etc to be more empowered with proper guidelines on harrasment, sexual assaults, etc which takes up these cases and make sure it reaches the conclusion in timely manner.

If these organisations and law is not doing its job properly, then probably next you can use media/sm to further your case. But just writing stuff on Internet without any accountability should not be encouraged. It is just another form of bullying and harrasment. Today women are writing stuff against men, tomorrow men will start writing about women. All the slutshaming, character assassination, being hounded at workplace, etc will become norm as no lines are drawn and who knows people will even start killing each other based on twitter accusations. 

Edited by Shunya

3 hours ago, Shunya said:

I have a problem with "Women are always true and honest" This is gross injustice to every single man who is living his life in lawful manner. I face such discrimination in my life on daily basis as well. And IMO most of the feminist men are actually the biggest predators around. They just use this facade of being champions of feminism to eventually do everything that girls called harassment. 

Men are also harassed by girls, may not be sexually but mentally, emotionally and financially.  There will always be issues till two genders exist.  Yes, number of incidents might decrease or increase based on the sensibility of the society or education but then even the highest educated have been guilty of doing the same.   

1 hour ago, beetle said:

https://www.ndtv.com/ent

QUestion to the cynics: what are these people gaining here by naming these guys.

Do you think this guy will dare to do this to another women so blatently in future?

yes, he will.  You cannot change the nature.

46 minutes ago, Vilander said:

making any advance on a coworker is harrasment. Some people dont say no that does not mean they want it so its still harrasment. 

If you force yourself on some one its molestation or rape lol.. Be safe rkt.

yes that is what i meant by harassment and by favors i did not mean sexual favors.  I meant like friendship or something.  No sane person will just go to a coworker and will ask for sexual favors.  It is stupid and idiotic.

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Men are also harassed by girls, may not be sexually but mentally, emotionally and financially.  There will always be issues till two genders exist.  Yes, number of incidents might decrease or increase based on the sensibility of the society or education but then even the highest educated have been guilty of doing the same.   

are sirji abhi toh mooh mat khulwao mera... there are hundreds of incidents on daily basis in India where there is gross discrimination against men just because they are men. I even feel that because of this toxic environment created by feminists, some men cant even behave normally and have to roam around in fear of not being judged as sexual predators. Not every men is a rapist/molestor and they do not have to show their feminist credentials to be heard or be considered genuine.

Also, media pe toh there is no lines drawn on harrasment, sexual harrasment, assault, sexual assault, etc. In the power struggle and toxic environment of India in general, even arguments turn into rape threats and similarly rape accusations. So it becomes paramount to investigate instead of criminalizing someone's life based on something written on twitter. Not everything is bollywood drama, and lot of real peoples lives be destroyed bcos of this social media accusations and namecalling...

Edited by Shunya

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Again, bollywood is kachra, let them * each other up, good that these things are finally being talked about.

There are positives like there is discussion happening, people need to be educated on harrasment, sexual harrasment, assualt, etc. Lot of things need to be defined and awareness has to be created on the procedures to handle and make it a safer workplace. And this includes women as well as men, sometimes an argument is turned into sexual harrasment case just because it is against women. So hopefully everyone should be educated about the laws, guidelines, procedures, etc. Obviously we all believe that punishment for sexual assualt, Rape should be very severe. There is no 2 ways about it. But on one hand while making punishment severe on one hand, we also need to make sure someone is not being trapped falsely.

But I still do not understand the logic that you are using to believe this. Is it enough for you if a women accuses someone? You just mentioned couple of posts back that you will stand by your husband if someone accuses him because you know him. For everyone else that you do not know, all that matters to you is "Women is always right"? If you bypass the law and investigation part and believe what is being written on twitter, then probably every men is a potential criminal. Instead of proclaiming every men that is being accused guilty, you might want to just support the victim and help them with justice. Stop these extreme reactions.

Edited by Shunya

31 minutes ago, Shunya said:

are sirji abhi toh mooh mat khulwao mera... there are hundreds of incidents on daily basis in India where there is gross discrimination against men just because they are men. I even feel that because of this toxic environment created by feminists, some men cant even behave normally and have to roam around in fear of not being judged as sexual predators. Not every men is a rapist/molestor and they do not have to show their feminist credentials to be heard or be considered genuine.

Also, media pe toh there is no lines drawn on harrasment, sexual harrasment, assault, sexual assault, etc. In the power struggle and toxic environment of India in general, even arguments turn into rape threats and similarly rape accusations. So it becomes paramount to investigate instead of criminalizing someone's life based on something written on twitter. Not everything is bollywood drama, and lot of real peoples lives be destroyed bcos of this social media accusations and namecalling...

Regarding Bollywood, people may not believe but what I got from a former reporter and a writer who has written movies that young men, aspiring actors etc, are exploited and treated far worse than women even sexually and that person who said all this is a female herself.  Nowadays, these men have become easier targets as there is less risk to have chances of accusation of molestation or rape.

7 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Again, bollywood is kachra, let them * each other up, good that these things are finally being talked about.

There are positives like there is discussion happening, people need to be educated on harrasment, sexual harrasment, assualt, etc. Lot of things need to be defined and awareness has to be created on the procedures to handle and make it a safer workplace. And this includes women as well as men, sometimes an argument is turned into sexual harrasment case just because it is against women. So hopefully everyone should be educated about the laws, guidelines, procedures, etc. Obviously we all believe that punishment for sexual assualt, Rape should be very severe. There is no 2 ways about it. But on one hand while making punishment severe on one hand, we also need to make sure someone is not being trapped falsely.

But I still do not understand the logic that you are using to believe this. Is it enough for you if a women accuses someone? You just mentioned couple of posts back that you will stand by your husband if someone accuses him because you know him. For everyone else that you do not know, all that matters to you is "Women is always right"? If you bypass the law and investigation part and believe what is being written on twitter, then probably every men is a potential criminal. Instead of proclaiming every men that is being accused guilty, you might want to just support the victim and help them with justice. Stop these extreme reactions.

I din't understand your logic.

I will support my husband for what I know him as.

If proven wrong , then what is there to support.

So what the hell do you want people to do.

Tell these women to shut up and let the country stay the same crap hole itvis for women.

Why the hell are guys like you so anti women that you cannot even see  random women getting support.

I feel sickened when I read the comment in the articles and then read comments here and yhen I realise why our country is one of the most dangerous places for women.

It is like most men in this country want to keepnthe status quo.Why change when it means they will have to give up the sweet luxury of casual harrassment.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Regarding Bollywood, people may not believe but what I got from a former reporter and a writer who has written movies that young men, aspiring actors etc, are exploited and treated far worse than women even sexually and that person who said all this is a female herself.  Nowadays, these men have become easier targets as there is less risk to have chances of accusation of molestation or rape.

Even in the modelling and fashion design industry.

True- more so because The concept that men can too be harassed, sexually assaulted - is kind of alien and borderline funny/absurd to many people.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

It is difficult for men to even complain because other men laugh at them .A guy going to the police with a sexual harrassment complaint against a woman will more likely to have the policemen amused by his complaint .

Sexual abuse of transgenders is also rampant but we hardly hear about anyone going to the police or it becoming news.