#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

India has finally caught up with #MeToo 2.0. A lot of celebs getting named last week starting with Tanushree Dutta naming Nana Patekar.

https://www.opindia.com/2018/10/now-co-founder-of-leftist-website-the-wire-accused-of-sexual-harassment/

AIB Chut*yas caught and covering up for sending D*ck pics. 

TheWire's co-founder!

Anurag Kashyap and his loonies!

Left or right, so the basic idea is to Name and Shame, while the world should accept the fact, repent and move on. There should be no fight back to some of the false allegations! 

The fact is the left that goes around championing the cause, always discredits those who accuse somebody of their ilk. This hypocrisy needs to be exposed. Tarun Tejpal effect. 

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Agree, that the issue is much more a problem in India than in the west.

Mostly because of the shame associated with the victim instead of the abuser and the crime.

The day we can get over this...things will get a little better.

The hindi media is the worst with their "izzat lutna/ abroo lootna/ abroo taar taar hona" ****.

How about saying the abuser / rapist ne apni izzat loota di....

Sexual assaulter ne apne parivar ki izzat loota di....

workplace @r.seholes who abuse the power and authority that they have exist everywhere.  And in India's ineffective legal environment, there is little fear of consequences for such creeps.  

And to add a personal non-fact based opinion - urban social life in India is evolving very fast.  Dating and relationships outside of marraige are becoming quite common.  The 'lines' and 'norms' of such things are quite unwritten and have not kept pace with the dizzying speeds of change.  And a lot of men don't have the luxury of guidance, conventional wisdom, etc to show them the path on what's acceptable and not.  

28 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

It depends on whether the person was doing it in general or doing it to make you uncomfortable or to get pleasure from making  you uncomfortable.

THis is not harassment , I think. Some disagreement over Nana Patekar was not supposed to be there, but they might have changed mind. She threw some tantrum and walked out. I don't feel this will do any good to the cause of sexual harassment.  Arnab, you are a loser in this.

She keeps saying your country, I never want to come here again, Your society is so medieval! Arnab is usually alll bombastic about being nationalistic is taking this lying down for the show.

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

how is that an inappropriate joke ?! that does not even sound like a joke. 

A sexually inappropriate joke would be something that steriotypes male or female genetalia or sexual behaviour in a demeaning way. 

like saying something like " you think seven years bad luck for breaking a mirror is bad ?! try breaking a condom in use" or " my husband said last night 'I bought a box of Olympic condoms. I think i will wear gold tonight', so i said ' why don't you wear the silver ones tonight and come second for a change ?' are just funny (or not funny depending on your sense of humor) jokes. Nothing inappropriate about them. 

Edited by Muloghonto

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

THis is not harassment , I think. Some disagreement over Nana Patekar was not supposed to be there, but they might have changed mind. She threw some tantrum and walked out. I don't feel this will do any good to the cause of sexual harassment.  Arnab, you are a loser in this.

She keeps saying your country, I never want to come here again, Your society is so medieval! Arnab is usually alll bombastic about being nationalistic is taking this lying down for the show.

Because Arnab is not a blind nationalist, he quite knows the sexual assault/harassment problem in India is rampant. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Because Arnab is not a blind nationalist, he quite knows the sexual assault/harassment problem in India is rampant. 

LOL you think he's not a blind nationalist? I still remember how blabbered and blasted Sreesanth when he said he could play for another country and Arnab automatically assumed he was talking about Pakistan or Bangladesh. The only thing I can gather from this interview is a burning hot and that's the reason he wasn't in full form like he's the other days. I won't be shocked if he gets exposed in coming days too since all the moaners of women's right etc also got exposed

12 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

LOL you think he's not a blind nationalist? I still remember how blabbered and blasted Sreesanth when he said he could play for another country and Arnab automatically assumed he was talking about Pakistan or Bangladesh. The only thing I can gather from this interview is a burning hot and that's the reason he wasn't in full form like he's the other days. I won't be shocked if he gets exposed in coming days too since all the moaners of women's right etc also got exposed

Kid, you need to grow up more and get way more education, if you can compare the notion of playing for another nation (which is a theoretical personal opinion), versus accepting/denying a phenomenal occurance ( sexual harassment) in society. 

Highlighted part is indicative of why living in a jaahil oppressive nation like the UAE + being a kid who isnt very well educated, will rot your brain. 

Edited by Muloghonto

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Kid, you need to grow up more and get way more education, if you can compare the notion of playing for another nation (which is a theoretical personal opinion), versus accepting/denying a phenomenal occurance ( sexual harassment) in society. 

Highlighted part is indicative of why living in a jaahil oppressive nation like the UAE + being a kid who isnt very well educated, will rot your brain. 

Ok so didn't people from AIB got exposed too? What happened when they were teaching us about how to respect women's right yet they continued to harass women in their ranks. They got away with it till now because they are well connected to the industry and rats like Rohan Joshi are related to filmy families in one way or another. The only women safe in the industry are nepotistic women all others got harassed at some point of their career.

4 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Ok so didn't people from AIB got exposed too? What happened when they were teaching us about how to respect women's right yet they continued to harass women in their ranks. They got away with it till now because they are well connected to the industry and rats like Rohan Joshi are related to filmy families in one way or another. The only women safe in the industry are nepotistic women all others got harassed at some point of their career.

why are you so surprised by this ? Is it because you are so freaking young, you think that every adult out there has integrity ?!

Maybe so.

But here is a life-lesson for you: a big chunk of humanity are hypocrites. They will preach A but do !A in their own life. It has nothing to do with left or right and is especially bad when people are in position of power. Hence catholic priests and muslim imams raping lil kids is such an epidemic. Same with glamorous liberal sounding people in power who will refute those principles to abuse power. 

Anyways, you are digressing. I am simply pointing out, that whether someone should/should not play for another nation is purely an opinion on what SHOULD be. Arnab didn't deny the FACT that many players play for foreign teams (such as Saffers for England for eg or all the players for Hong Kong, UAE etc). Similarly, Arnab is not going to dispute the FACT that many women in India get sexually harassed.

Learn some basic logic for comparisons, please.

First of all, I dont understand the point of having these 'dinners' at all with the co-stars. Everyone knows what happens in them, It's either rave parties or women getting their drinks spiked and then getting exploited. I would ban all such parties and dinners if I ever get power of my company

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

First of all, I dont understand the point of having these 'dinners' at all with the co-stars.

Thats because you are a kid with no real experience in the adult world. Dinner with co-workers/bosses etc. is a very common thing in service & information industries. Better team bonding and in many cases (especially in the movie industry - i know because where i live is the 2nd largest movie industry in North America - they work 12-14 hour days at shoots), there simply is not enough hours in the day to fit in everything. 

If you ever get into management, book-mark this page and laugh in future, because you will be meeting clients, team-members, bosses, underlings, etc. over dinner, over golf, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Everyone knows what happens in them, It's either rave parties or women getting their drinks spiked and then getting exploited. I would ban all such parties and dinners if I ever get power of my company

LOL.

You are such an opinionated person for so little experience. Heres a little tidbit for you - British Columbia is known for its long-weekend raves in the summers. So many EDM events that are basically go camping with 5000+ people for 3-4 days --> rave at night, recover at day. I once helped set up Shabhala. It gets 11-12K people. Biggest rave pretty much on the west coast. Full of security, help centers, etc. Every year about 10-30 women report getting their drinks spiked or getting exploited. You do the math on how common it is. 

Here's a thing - once you leave the boring, no party nation called UAE, you will realize, that most people, especially women, are SAFER in big crowds than inviting a colleague/acquaintance to their homes.  This goes for raves too.