#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

On 10/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, beetle said:

If women in our families start talking about their bad experiences, more men will get sensitized about this.

this is a very key point, brilliant. When i learnt from a close family member recounting how they were harassed in a bus, it had a telling impact on me as a young adult, pretty much defined my morality then on - objectification of women the fundamental flaw of Inidan society - and the tendency to sweep everything under with the honor shame culture ( which is very  alien concept ' of a particular desert culture origin' for India as hindu high philosophy speaks about how not to sin and if then the toiling path to redemption throughout ). 

17 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

how are they supposed to have proof ? 

if someone grabs your testicles during an interview, how do you prove it ? 
if the woman had a camera running and showed us the footage, we'd think its entrapment. 

No proof No punishment. Sorry Bro. 

13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

how are they supposed to have proof ? 

if someone grabs your testicles during an interview, how do you prove it ? 
if the woman had a camera running and showed us the footage, we'd think its entrapment. 

So why should we believe them? Media is no place to get justice.Most women like Rohtak sisters , Jasleen who went to media rather than police were found to be fake.Go to police , women's commission etc.media is no place to get justice.

4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

So why should we believe them? Media is no place to get justice.Most women like Rohtak sisters , Jasleen who went to media rather than police were found to be fake.Go to police , women's commission etc.media is no place to get justice.

Because women have far more to lose by coming out with these claims than to gain. Infact i'd say coming out to the media IS the right choice, because they simply want to identify the assailants and expose them. Going to the police will be seen as a gold-digging thing to do, as natural progression is towards compensation if case is solid/police is supportive.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Because women have far more to lose by coming out with these claims than to gain. Infact i'd say coming out to the media IS the right choice, because they simply want to identify the assailants and expose them. Going to the police will be seen as a gold-digging thing to do, as natural progression is towards compensation if case is solid/police is supportive.

R U kidding , we are not talking about some muslim women in UP. We are talking about Bollywood , by hook or crook you have to be in media for your bread and butter. Tanushree got prime time interviews may be some films on card. What she is going to loose?

On 10/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, Franco Vazquez said:

According to ultra feminists making sexual jokes is also harassment but then what if a woman makes one because I had a personal experience where a female colleague was talking condoms and how its color changed in a movie etc

good be friends with her man, but be safe dont think you can ask her any favors when i say friends its just friends because she seems to be a fun person - but if you judge her and think you can get favors thats when it enters the harassment territory.

Just now, Singh bling said:

R U kidding , we are not talking about some muslim women in UP. We are talking about Bollywood , by hook or crook you have to be in media for your bread and butter. Tanushree got prime time interviews may be some films on card. What she is going to loose?

she is going against the men who control bollywood. Risk of being blackballed is far real. As i said, i'd rather they go to the media than police, because going to police will be seen as gold digging. Here, they have very little to gain. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

and thats how rape perpetuates. When your sister/mom/daughter comes to you and say they've been raped, ask for proof too, bro. 

And people like you should punish yourself , father/brother/son if a woman comes and say you/ he raped me  without even asking them whether it is true or not

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

she is going against the men who control bollywood. Risk of being blackballed is far real. As i said, i'd rather they go to the media than police, because going to police will be seen as gold digging. Here, they have very little to gain. 

:hysterical: these people who apart from Nana i have to Google control Bollywood.Let me see how many women speak against Salman .Even when a court verdict comes refuse to speak against them or support them

10 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

And people like you should punish yourself , father/brother/son if a woman comes and say you/ he raped me  without even asking them whether it is true or not

i most likely will. because as i said, the woman has far more to lose by coming forward than not. 

There is a huge gulf of difference between considering someone criminally culpable (for which proof is required) vs believing people on a 'he said/she said'. I tend to believe women on this issue, because most rapes go unreported and with no consequence. Which is a fact. 

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

i most likely will. because as i said, the woman has far more to lose by coming forward than not. 

There is a huge gulf of difference between considering someone criminally culpable (for which proof is required) vs believing people on a 'he said/she said'. I tend to believe women on this issue, because most rapes go unreported and with no consequence. Which is a fact. 

In that case I have to say that it will be biggest curse to have you as Male relative or friend.

What jasleen kaur or Rohtak sisters lost.All of them awarded while careers of guys badly suffered.

And yes most rape cases go unreported but in area where they go unreported neither feminists nor anyone care to reach

15 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

In that case I have to say that it will be biggest curse to have you as Male relative or friend.

What jasleen kaur or Rohtak sisters lost.All of them awarded while careers of guys badly suffered.

Again, exception to the rule. You are simply speaking as someone pro-men,not impartial. Women risk shame, re-living trauma, etc. by coming forward. overwhelming # of times they come forward, its true. So why should i not believe them ?

You tell me what evidence they are supposed to have, if you want evidence before believing them. 

15 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

And yes most rape cases go unreported but in area where they go unreported neither feminists nor anyone care to reach

That is just knee-jerk unsubstantiated comment. 

10 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, exception to the rule. You are simply speaking as someone pro-men,not impartial. Women risk shame, re-living trauma, etc. by coming forward. overwhelming # of times they come forward, its true. So why should i not believe them ?

You tell me what evidence they are supposed to have, if you want evidence before believing them

How is that pro men? Did i say I will never believe women? All I said both sides should have fair hearing.Only then we know which side is right and which is wrong.Just mere accusation is not enough to punish anyone

From your posts it clearly looked to me you are big fan of kangaroo courts , lynching mobs only if work according to your wishes. All of them operate on mere accusations without hearing other side of story.

18 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

How is that pro men? Did i say I will never believe women? All I said both sides should have fair hearing.Only then we know which side is right and which is wrong.Just mere accusation is not enough to punish anyone

Ok. So answer my question - what is proof in your eyes and what proof should men or women bring when it comes to accusations ? ( btw, i am not pro-women on this case, i am just pro-victim. If a dude comes to me and tells me a woman fondled him without permission and she denies it, i too will be inclined to believe the guy). 

18 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

From your posts it clearly looked to me you are big fan of kangaroo courts , lynching mobs only if work according to your wishes. All of them operate on mere accusations without hearing other side of story.

No. You need to read better. I did say already that i don't support the idea of criminal charges without proof, not unless many victims come forth with consistent stories over time, establishing a pattern. Like with Harvey Weinstien. 

But i do support shaming them and naming them publicly because this is the sort of crime, that doesn't leave credible proofs anyways in most cases. 

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

First Victim of #MeToo, an innocent man lost his life. Go and Weep!

The second tweet is for all Male Feminists..Please oblige and pay your respect to the Feminazi.

Nothing more than classic age-old 'look the other way' enabling of sexual predation. 

I have a very simple question to those who oppose #MeToo:

what evidence should victims of sexual abuse bring forward, before they accuse the perp ? 

Its a pretty simple and valid question: if you are going to say ' present evidence or its a fake allegation' , then you should specify what the heck constitutes evidence for you and what happens to those sexual misconduct cases that don't fit your evidence picture. 

If someone comes forward I would encourage them. Remember the incident where 30 men raped a 11 year old girl for 6 months in Chennai. She didn't tell anyone. Finally her sister found out and told.  I don't think it is correct to discourage or throw shade at someone who step forward regardless of their profession.  Having watched, heard over the years tons and tons of harassment stories by Indian men against opposite sex ranging from little girl to married woman i am more likely to trust the woman than man. Some of them are absolutely sick and disgusting. Raping their own cousin sister knowing fully well she won't tell it to anyone. Yes due investigation is necessary. But discounting their story because there is no "proof" is not the right way.

Edited by vvvslaxman

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

good be friends with her man, but be safe dont think you can ask her any favors when i say friends its just friends because she seems to be a fun person - but if you judge her and think you can get favors thats when it enters the harassment territory.

No, asking favor is not a harassment. Harassment when she says no to your advances but you still try to force yourself on her. 

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Tanushree is now married and not working in movies anymore.  She has nothing to lose now. So, she is not risking anything in this case.