ODI team selection: Will Pant be brought in as cover for struggling Dhoni?

nevada

1 hour ago, nevada said:

That post might seem long and dramatic but is probably closest to what actually happens in the corridors of power. There is lots of power play going on and all the "inexplicable" decisions are part of it. One thing no one can deny is that everyone who is a potential threat to Kohli has been marginalized - Rahane, Pujara, Ashwin, etc. It didn't happen overnight and was all by design. We cannot take selectors' words at face value at all. Everyone of them is an inexperienced lightweight not due to any coincidence. 

But what will the alpha male do alone in a team sport...

I want to ask Kohli this.. 

Kamal-Hassan-Nayagan.jpg

Neenga nallavara kettavara...

Aap ache ya kache???

Yeah wonder why he is not spoken of. He was neck and neck with pant what happened suddenly.
I guess they have themselves fixated on making Pant the next Wk-Bat

Though given the current volatile political power play -I don't think the other faction will like to keep Pant for long.
Even if they keep him - I think he'll suffer a bit for being Dhoni's boogeyman.
Just like Kohli too suffering

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Yeah wonder why he is not spoken of. He was neck and neck with pant what happened suddenly.

I feel both should play . Make Pant the wktkeeper in 1-2 formats . Play kishan as reserve or pure bat. 

Similarly play kishan as wkt keeper in 1-2  formats and play p

Pant as pure bat and second keeper. This will prevent injuries and also keep a backup in case of injury.

That post might seem long and dramatic but is probably closest to what actually happens in the corridors of power. There is lots of power play going on and all the "inexplicable" decisions are part of it. One thing no one can deny is that everyone who is a potential threat to Kohli has been marginalized - Rahane, Pujara, Ashwin, etc. It didn't happen overnight and was all by design. We cannot take selectors' words at face value at all. Everyone of them is an inexperienced lightweight not due to any coincidence. 

Hey thanks for supporting me!!!

I'll say the part of Pant is my imagination but I've heard similar stuff about Kohli being Used as Pawn against Dhoni earlier and The situation is going in the same direction

Whenever there is a change in Power in BCCI - they fire the old captain and get a new one.

And eventually soft force that guy out of team.

Only Dhoni was allowed in the team so long because he had his teammates beside him, supporting him unconditionally and whoever running BCCI circa CoA takeover is being forced to persist with him because of the marketing appeal and lack of suitable alternatives.

In that way, I can understand the desperation of CoA/Kohli/"Selectors" to suddenly grow concerned of Dhoni's form and keep Pant on

I know Dhoni is redundant now but selections are not AT ALL meritocratic.

Especially when the guy considered is the Juggernaut of Indian Cricket - worshipped by Millions, Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

There is clearly an effort to make people think that Pant is the better alternative and I personally believe if the CoA(whoever is selecting the team) got their way - they would drop Dhoni and take Pant instead.

What I get - a KLR, A Hardik, A Pant, is not going to be King (kong) Kohli's threat to popularity.

They'll always be a minion to his gigantic image.

A Pujara or Rahane or An Ashwin were his contemporaries - and the way Rohit is a legitimate threat to Kohli's market in 2 weeks ,I realise Soft spoken quiet Cricketers are likely to get more popularity in the market than a Loud , bratty one like Virat.

Dhawan was this funny nachaniya and Rohit the fat double century hitter but they were never the legitimate threats to Kohli's throne.

Even then - Their Test careers too never took off and I believe both of them were shortchanged in this format.

They are in ODI matter of things because they've been groomed by Dhoni for long in this arena and also they've legitimately performed and earned a name for them in this format so Kohli doesn't have the right to kick them out.

Yes - we might think A Rohit or A Dhawan was kicked out because they weren't performing and that our "selectors" were "progressive".

No.

First of all - do you even think that The likes of Gagan Khoda , MSK Prasad and what was the other guy's name? Can legitimately question Dhoni's one day captaincy in Asia Cup, keep Pant as a backup and kick Dhoni out from Captaincy?

Hypothetically yes.

But in reality, these guys don't have any teal power of worth and are punching bags used to absorb the heat on behalf of CoA (Vinod Rai/Diana Edulji) who are hell bent on fighting with the old guard, which includes Dhoni.

The team management AFAIK is run by Kohli, Shastri ,Anushka and his brother.

I think these Asia Cup changed everything.

Rohit and Dhawan fell out of favour - now they're trying to drop Dhoni

Among the 4 I named , I'm discounting Shastri as a 2 faced cunt anyways plus I believe he'll play for Rohit because of Mumbai Lobby unity.

All these selectors doing this and that against Dhoni is Anushka and Kohli showing their displeasure of Dhoni siding with Rohit in the Mahabattle .

Now - Kohli's place itself is in danger.

Partly because of the same regime Change- they won't keep CoA's stooge like Kohli for long in their game.

I heard this Rohit vs Kohli game arose partially because of the results of this faction war in BCCI boardrooms.

Dhoni is Dhoni for who he is - that's why he's still in Team despite his time being up itself after Srini Mamu got fired.

He enjoys an immense fanbase in the dressing rooms which will go lengths to support him unlike Sourav who was deserted by his friends.

There is a reason after all this, Kohli too was trying to get Dhoni on his side - he KNEW only Dhoni can save his kursi .

Unfortunately Rohit became Arjun and roped in Krishna Dhoni right before Duryodhan Kohli.

Or he was Team Anti-Kohli right from the beginning.

And given the way Kohli is supposedly involved with his ouster from captaincy, I'm sure this is the case because Dhoni never forgives the ones who challenge him.

Pant too will suffer just because he's a pawn against Dhoni even if he's not really involved in this ****( I don't think a junior player like him has the guts to go against the Biggest Mafia).

And if Kohli Thinks Shastri will save him, then he can go and eat his own Shite because Kohli lost Mumbai Lobby support

The moment Rohit wasn't taken in the Test Squad in England Tour.

And why they'll even NOT try to go All the way to make their Blue Eyed Bwoy Rohit the Biggest Boss ?

Shardul Thakur and Prithvi Shaw be damned - the real deal is Rohit Sharma

I think among these new kids, only Prithvi Shaw is a threat for Kohli because of Mumbai connection and perceived Sachin resemblance.

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

inconsistent. Look at the IPL. Pant batted at 4 mostly and made a huge impact. Kishan was given a chance at 3 and he blew it.  he has played some unbelievable knocks but he has struggled against quality bowling while Pant has thrashed every bowler on his day.

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I was talking about the England A Tour.
Bharat was the only wk bat in 4 day Games in the beginning

Then Pant was fast tracked into it

that is because he had batted well in One days and is any day better than Bharat.

Let me tell what will happen.. They'll replace DK with Pant in the squad. Dadu will still be in the team.

I don't think Pant will get a game - as they can't Drop Dhoni like that they dropped DK
And The cricket experts won't come to his rescue because Of Dhoni factor.

that is because he had batted well in One days and is any day better than Bharat.
I get your point but Selections are neither meritocratic nor cheap - how much deserving they look like.
We can't just say Pant got into merit while Ambati Rayudu is a quota pick (which he is BTW) because at the end, politics decides who will stay in the team and who not.

Let's not believe Rohit or Dhawan was dropped off due to bad performance while cribbing about politics while complaining about Shardul's presence in the team.

Team Selection =Politics

inconsistent. Look at the IPL. Pant batted at 4 mostly and made a huge impact. Kishan was given a chance at 3 and he blew it.  he has played some unbelievable knocks but he has struggled against quality bowling while Pant has thrashed every bowler on his day.

I agree but I would like to take IPL with pinch of salt because of match fixing rumours.

11 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Hey thanks for supporting me!!!

I'll say the part of Pant is my imagination but I've heard similar stuff about Kohli being Used as Pawn against Dhoni earlier and The situation is going in the same direction

Whenever there is a change in Power in BCCI - they fire the old captain and get a new one.

And eventually soft force that guy out of team.

Only Dhoni was allowed in the team so long because he had his teammates beside him, supporting him unconditionally and whoever running BCCI circa CoA takeover is being forced to persist with him because of the marketing appeal and lack of suitable alternatives.

In that way, I can understand the desperation of CoA/Kohli/"Selectors" to suddenly grow concerned of Dhoni's form and keep Pant on

I know Dhoni is redundant now but selections are not AT ALL meritocratic.

Especially when the guy considered is the Juggernaut of Indian Cricket - worshipped by Millions, Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

There is clearly an effort to make people think that Pant is the better alternative and I personally believe if the CoA(whoever is selecting the team) got their way - they would drop Dhoni and take Pant instead.

What I get - a KLR, A Hardik, A Pant, is not going to be King (kong) Kohli's threat to popularity.

They'll always be a minion to his gigantic image.

A Pujara or Rahane or An Ashwin were his contemporaries - and the way Rohit is a legitimate threat to Kohli's market in 2 weeks ,I realise Soft spoken quiet Cricketers are likely to get more popularity in the market than a Loud , bratty one like Virat.

Dhawan was this funny nachaniya and Rohit the fat double century hitter but they were never the legitimate threats to Kohli's throne.

Even then - Their Test careers too never took off and I believe both of them were shortchanged in this format.

They are in ODI matter of things because they've been groomed by Dhoni for long in this arena and also they've legitimately performed and earned a name for them in this format so Kohli doesn't have the right to kick them out.

Yes - we might think A Rohit or A Dhawan was kicked out because they weren't performing and that our "selectors" were "progressive".

No.

First of all - do you even think that The likes of Gagan Khoda , MSK Prasad and what was the other guy's name? Can legitimately question Dhoni's one day captaincy in Asia Cup, keep Pant as a backup and kick Dhoni out from Captaincy?

Hypothetically yes.

But in reality, these guys don't have any teal power of worth and are punching bags used to absorb the heat on behalf of CoA (Vinod Rai/Diana Edulji) who are hell bent on fighting with the old guard, which includes Dhoni.

The team management AFAIK is run by Kohli, Shastri ,Anushka and his brother.

I think these Asia Cup changed everything.

Rohit and Dhawan fell out of favour - now they're trying to drop Dhoni

Among the 4 I named , I'm discounting Shastri as a 2 faced cunt anyways plus I believe he'll play for Rohit because of Mumbai Lobby unity.

All these selectors doing this and that against Dhoni is Anushka and Kohli showing their displeasure of Dhoni siding with Rohit in the Mahabattle .

Now - Kohli's place itself is in danger.

Partly because of the same regime Change- they won't keep CoA's stooge like Kohli for long in their game.

I heard this Rohit vs Kohli game arose partially because of the results of this faction war in BCCI boardrooms.

Dhoni is Dhoni for who he is - that's why he's still in Team despite his time being up itself after Srini Mamu got fired.

He enjoys an immense fanbase in the dressing rooms which will go lengths to support him unlike Sourav who was deserted by his friends.

There is a reason after all this, Kohli too was trying to get Dhoni on his side - he KNEW only Dhoni can save his kursi .

Unfortunately Rohit became Arjun and roped in Krishna Dhoni right before Duryodhan Kohli.

Or he was Team Anti-Kohli right from the beginning.

And given the way Kohli is supposedly involved with his ouster from captaincy, I'm sure this is the case because Dhoni never forgives the ones who challenge him.

Pant too will suffer just because he's a pawn against Dhoni even if he's not really involved in this ****( I don't think a junior player like him has the guts to go against the Biggest Mafia).

And if Kohli Thinks Shastri will save him, then he can go and eat his own Shite because Kohli lost Mumbai Lobby support

The moment Rohit wasn't taken in the Test Squad in England Tour.

And why they'll even NOT try to go All the way to make their Blue Eyed Bwoy Rohit the Biggest Boss ?

Shardul Thakur and Prithvi Shaw be damned - the real deal is Rohit Sharma

I think among these new kids, only Prithvi Shaw is a threat for Kohli because of Mumbai connection and perceived Sachin resemblance.

Never knew indian cricket was game of thrones. Thanks for the great post