Bengaluru (Bangalore) Royal Challengers

Feed

I believe this is the first of his all innings in ODIs and T20 that he played with the need and style. Too late for BRC' date=' but WJ's innings was a surprise as I believed he can never fit in ODI and T20 format.[/quote'] He was lucky to be dropped twice. It happens rarely :D What you thought about Jaffer is still valid

'Bangalore IPL team is promoting alcohol ads' - Health Minister New Delhi: Criticising the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) Bangalore team, Royal Challengers, for promoting surrogate advertising of alcohol products, Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss on Tuesday said he would take up the matter with the Information and Broadcasting Ministry. “This is surrogate advertisement. We are going to write against the team to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry,†Ramadoss said. On Monday, the Supreme Court had dismissed a petition which alleged that Vijay Mallya, who owns the IPL Bangalore team, was promoting the liquor brand produced by his United Breweries Group through his team's name. But Ramadoss alleged that Mallya was using the banner 'Royal Challengers' as a means to promote one of his liquor brands. "We are in favour of banning all surrogate advertisements and those who violate it will face action," the minister was quoted by IANS on the sidelines of an anti-alcohol programme in the Capital. The Health Ministry had earlier written to the I&B Minister seeking a ban on surrogate advertisements of tobacco and alcohol products following which an ordinance had been brought by the government banning such commercials.

As much as I dont like Ramadoss, I think he is right. Mallay's UB does a lot of surrogate advertisement of its products. Heck, who in the world would spend crores of money on promoting 'Kingfisher Mineral Water'. Though, I am not sure how anyone can actually prove its Surrogate advertisement, in the court. The case wont stand. Its Mallay's wish as what he wants to name his team as. If he wants it to be called 'Royal Challengers', then who has the right to say otherwise. Surrogate advertisement is a very prickly but common issue.

The case was thrown out of court yesterday sri..... Of courseMallaya is using it for surrogate advertising. He should have called his team Kingfishers instead. At least he could have said he was advertising his airline....and may be the team would have also "taken off " better.:P

The case was thrown out of court yesterday sri..... Of courseMallaya is using it for surrogate advertising. He should have called his team Kingfishers instead. At least he could have said he was advertising his airline....and may be the team would have also "taken off " better.:P
Oh okie.

yaa and pakistanis have already started whining, they are saying that their players have been asked to wear team jersey which has Liquor logo on it, and that Islamicz are anti-liquor foolkz. who the fack cares.. thes eppl need to get life.. they create issue out of everything.. as if their pakistan ppl have been asked to hold the bottle or liquor

Getting Bangalore’s act together is skipper Dravid’s priority After the first defeat to Kolkata, Rahul Dravid said there was a lot of cricket to be played and hoped the Bangalore team would get stronger, reports G Krishnan. More... Getting Bangalore’s act together is skipper Dravid’s priority G Krishnan, Hindustan Times New Delhi, April 29, 2008 First Published: 23:44 IST(29/4/2008) Last Updated: 23:53 IST(29/4/2008) The Bangalore IPL team should have been sitting pretty at the top half of the table with three victories from four matches. “We should be winning such games,” Dravid said after Monday's loss to Chennai. In fact, the story was the same in the other home match against Jaipur. On a pitch where the ball was coming on nicely, Bangalore flopped. After the first defeat to Kolkata, Dravid said there was a lot of cricket to be played and hoped the team would get stronger. The captain's words remained unchanged after the ensuing matches. “There is still a lot of cricket to be played and hopefully we will get our act together,” Dravid said on Monday night. Bangalore have 10 more games in the league and need to urgently implement what Dravid has been repeatedly stressing — getting the right combination and act together. Otherwise, the prospect of an early exit looms large. “Every match is important and we have to minimise our mistakes,” said Dravid. Chief cricket officer Martin Crowe said his team had taken longer to adjust to this format than other teams. “We have been leaking 15-20 runs on the field but we are working hard to correct it.” Dravid got the combination right on Monday but his trump card, Dale Steyn, who had given away 16 runs in three overs, went for 24 in his final over and that proved crucial in the end. There were fitness worries too for the team. B Akhil had missed Saturday's match against Jaipur due to a strained groin. But the medium pacer has recovered since then. “He is fine and passed the fitness test on Monday morning,” said a team source. Akhil filled in the fifth bowler's slot as Dravid packed his side with medium pacers against MS Dhoni's men. Dravid however, did not agree with the suggestions that the average age of his side had anything to do with the results so far. “It's not like that (the fact that we have only older players), we too have youngsters in the side. I think we are a good and balanced side with adequate experience. It's only that we have to combine well and play as a unit to win the games,” he said.

I feel sorry for Dravid.. This is not his type of cricket.. he isnt a slogger.. and if I were Dravid, I would be mad with group of people who selected this team.. most are test players.. where is that required big hitter in the squad.. ??:((

B'lore squad is definitely under-achieving. A 15 that has White, Misbah, Boucher, Kohli, Steyn, Zak and Praveen Kumar certainly has the makings of a competitive T20 squad. The B'lore team's situation is very much like the Indian team's one, during the 2003/04 series against Aus that we lost. Essentially, it was almost the same team that drew in Aus a year earlier and performed so well again in Aus last year, but for that series alone, almost all of our batsman were pitiably out of form. Its the same situation for B'lore. They have got the goods, but it simply isnt clicking for 'em. Possibly, B'lore BIGGEST weakness is their openers so far. Jaffer, at his T20 best, can probably score 55 off 42 balls or something, giving him a SR of 120. That isnt IPL T20 class. You need one of your premier batsman to score at around 160-170, like what Rohit Sharma, Raina have been doing so far. B'lore can still score some significant wins, they just have to get their combination right.

Poor series for him. He had a substancial hand in selecting the squad. He wanted players like him as if he was trying to prove a point. Today's inning was good but odi class not T20 strike rate. I think Bangalore are a goner now. They will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games more max.

If only they had gotten one of Raina,Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Gambhir, their team would have looked remarkably different. Not a single Indian batsman in their team, apart from maybe Kohli, can score 4s at will and they are too reliant on their foreign players to win matches for 'em.