Sign in to follow this  
Feed

Bengaluru (Bangalore) Royal Challengers

Jumbo luvs cricket...whether its test or ODI or now T20. Once he is into wickets, he will definitely make a big big difference in the results. But this time he got the touch a bit late, rather very very late. Above all, he is the one to be watched and learnt from to put regular and sincere efforts irrespective or rewards or punishments. :hatsoff: to him!

Excited about possible Bangalore squad Pietersen/Ryder Uthappa Dravid Ross Taylor Kohli Goswami Akhil/? Praveen Kumar Kumble Steyn Bracken No Kallis, Boucher, Chanderpaul, White, Misbah...looks good. The batting order might not be what I have in mind. But, the squad looks much better than last year's. Pietersen, Ryder, Taylor and Bracken will make a lot of difference if they are all available at least for 7-8 matches.

Well....Good luck to B'lore...I hope Mallya is not disappointed this time around...also I will support B'lore... I was brought up there......best place in India...:two_thumbs_up: ...but will be very tough situation for me if the IPL final will be between RC & Kingsxi...:pray:

Well....Good luck to B'lore...I hope Mallya is not disappointed this time around...also I will support B'lore... I was brought up there......best place in India...:two_thumbs_up: ...but will be very tough situation for me if the IPL final will be between RC & Kingsxi...:pray:
:two_thumbs_up:

The Official Banglore Royal Challegers Supporters Thread !!!

Royal Challengers Bangalore

l18531527726_8443.jpg

Coach: Ray Jennings Captain: Rahul Dravid Colours: Red and Golden Yellow Founded: 2008 Home Ground: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Capacity: 55,000 Owner: UB Group CEO: Brijesh Patel Official Website:

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Squad 2009-10 [table="head]No| Player| Category| Cost-US$| Country 19| Rahul Dravid| Batsman ©| $1,035,000| India 09| Mark Boucher| Batsman/WK| $450,000| South Africa 06| S. Chanderpaul| Batsman| $200,000| West Indies 07| Wasim Jaffer| Batsman| $150,000| India 27| Bharat Chipli| Batsman| $50,000| India 66| Devraj Patil | Batsman| $50,000| India 21| Ross Taylor| Batsman| $100,000| New Zealand 36| S.Goswami| Batsman/WK| $30,000| India 03| Jacques Kallis| All Rounder| $900,000| South Africa 05| Virat Kohli| All Rounder| $300,000| India 10| Anil Kumble| Bowler| $500,000| India 13| Nathan Bracken| Bowler| $325,000| Australia 02| Dale Steyn| Bowler| $325,000| South Africa 18| Cameron White| Bowler| $500,000| Australia 77| B.Akhil| Bowler| $50,000| India 03| KP Appanna| Bowler| $50,000| India 14| J.Arunkumar| Bowler| $50,000| India 24| Sunil Joshi| Bowler| $50,000| India 23| Ranganath Kumar| Bowler| $50,000| India 08| Praveen Kumar| Bowler| $300,000| India 41| Abdur Razzak| Bowler| $120,000| Bangladesh -| Robin Utthappa| Batsman| Swap| India -| Kevin Pietersen| Batsman| $1,550,000| England -|Jesse Ryder| Batsman| $160,000| New Zealand [/table]

FAIL
Dravid did his job well last year. I think he should be ok especially if he doesn't open. AK wasn't that good but he is still as good as any Ranji bowler playing in the IPL. BRC swapped ZK with Uthappa so we will have to play Steyn, Bracken, AK, and PK in almost all matches.

B'lore will NEVER do well because the Indian component of the squad is just horrendous. There is NOT one player there, apart from maybe Kohli, whom you can say even comes to selection in the Indian T20 team.

B'lore will NEVER do well because the Indian component of the squad is just horrendous. There is NOT one player there, apart from maybe Kohli, whom you can say even comes to selection in the Indian T20 team.
you forgot about uthappa.kohli is not t20 material though but he will do.the indians in the team have to be competent though.

you forgot about uthappa.kohli is not t20 material though but he will do.the indians in the team have to be competent though.
Oh yea, they transferred in Uthappa didnt they? And disagree with you assessment about the home players being just 'competent' enough. They have to provide the MAJOR thrust in the team. You can hire how many every foreign stars as you want, but if you home players dont perform, an IPL team is never going to be good.

No dude' date=' we must look at our U19 and domestic reserves. We dont need to trade for big names.[/quote'] ofcourse that goes without saying but very few u-19 cricketers can make an impact against world class cricketers.they have to be nurtured properly.

so true-maybe uthappa has improved his bowling a lot.:winky:
cbf, we also need someone to come in late in the order and go at two runs per ball, we have lacked that in the past, by now having KP and Robin at the top, i hope we have sorted out our early innings jitters !!! I still remember the game against the Royals at home, where we sucked at the top and conceded defeat in the first six overs itself, i hope we have we have put them all behnd this season !!!

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.
:nono:not phunny:whack: We smack yall assses !!!
Bangalore Royally Challenged. That's your team :hysterical::hysterical: Heck...if Chelsea were to play a game of cricket, they'd beat the eff outta you guys :giggle:

Bangalore Royally Challenged. That's your team :hysterical::hysterical: Heck...if Chelsea were to play a game of cricket, they'd beat the eff outta you guys :giggle:
we still beat you last time-i wouldnt gloat if i were you.we had the worst t20 team in the history of t20 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Phootball toh mushkil se khelte hain, kirket khelne chale chelski !!!:giggle:

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.
we still beat you last time-i wouldnt gloat if i were you.we had the worst t20 team in the history of t20 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
BD beat Aus, your point is ? We ended up 5 from the bottom of the table and you stayed where you started off from :hysterical: Moreover, we have a longest winning streaks in IPL 6 B->

BD beat Aus' date=' your point is ? We ended up 5 from the bottom of the table and you stayed where you started off from :hysterical: Moreover, we have a longest winning streaks in IPL 6 B->[/quote'] bb-i know we suck-we got a freaking test team for petes sake.however i am happy with the current team.i think we can win 5 or 6 games this season.

bb-i know we suck-we got a freaking test team for petes sake.however i am happy with the current team.i think we can win 5 or 6 games this season.
noooooooooooooooooooo ... last year we had some misfortune ala Kallis, but this year with a renewed vigour we will look to snatch 4th place and reach the semis !!!

Probable XI: 1 Jesse Ryder, 2 Robin Uthappa, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Kevin Pietersen/ Ross Taylor 5 Virat Kohli, 6 B Akhil/ Jacques Kallis, 7 Mark Boucher/ Shreevats Goswami (wk), 8 Praveen Kumar, 9, 10 Nathan Bracken/Vinay Kumar, 11 Dale Steyn. I'd like to have Taylor @ # 3 There's also Cameron White. Kohli had a poor showing in the previous season BRC looking good.

noooooooooooooooooooo ... last year we had some misfortune ala Kallis' date=' but this year with a renewed vigour we will look to snatch 4th place and reach the semis !!![/quote'] :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.
bb-i know we suck-we got a freaking test team for petes sake.however i am happy with the current team.i think we can win 5 or 6 games this season.
all in jest my friend. I can never hate RD's team :winky:

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.