Bengaluru (Bangalore) Royal Challengers

Feed

Guest HariSampath

Yes Dravid is correct. Although his side is a terrible T20 team, there had been no intent to win at all so far. Dravid's batting had been terrible too, but now he is showing some intent in batting. I would be very happy to see Dravid *try* to play aggressively...I dont mind if he fails, but he has to play "like in T20", that is the key...yesterday he played brilliantly, although the game was always gone long before and bowlers never had any pressure, but still RD played better than all his team mates. I wish he plays like this in other IPL games, and also carries a positive frame of mind into tests, meaning he should try o be making runs all the time; and not simply go out on a survival mode and try to block over after over.

In tests, Laxman must come at #3 and Dravid at #5 or #6. This is because Laxman is a positive strokemaker, and Dravid can then play according to the situation. If team has runs on board, then he can play positively, else play defensively and/or farm strike with Dhoni and the tail, which I think he can do very very well

Although their key batsmen (White and Misbah) are not firing, the main problem with Bangalore has been their bowling. They have Steyn, Zaheer, Kumble, P. Kumar, Kallis, (and had also bought Bracken who got injured), and ppl thought they have a great bowling lineup but all of them have been leaking runs especially Kumble and Kallis. Collectively, their bowlers have been the worst in IPL. Unless their bowlers deliver they will find hard to win any of the remaining matches.

Their main problem is they have not been picking their 11 properly. Goswami should have played right from the beginning. I've been saying this from last 2 weeks. They deserve to lose if they dont want to win. FACK u Royal Cs

Dravid' date=' you moron. He should have played Goswami and Misbah right from the very beginning. Bangalore deserve to be in such a predicament[/quote'] Misbah has sucked in pretty every match he has played till today.

Collective effort won us the game against Chennai To win a game like this, after the batters (except for Rahul Dravid who’s been really consistent) struggled and we had only about 125 to defend, is really special, writes Anil Kumble. More... Collective effort won us the game against Chennai Anil Kumble /Hawkeye/Chivach Sport May 22, 2008 First Published: 23:32 IST(22/5/2008) Last Updated: 23:36 IST(22/5/2008) It feels really nice to win again. We’ve had some tough times in the tournament and it’s nice to have the smiles back on the faces of everyone in the team. To win a game like this, after the batters (except for Rahul Dravid who’s been really consistent) struggled and we had only about 125 to defend, is really special. To defend that score on a good wicket when the opposition is cruising along at 60 for no loss is a wonderful feeling. We’ve done well in patches but consistency and momentum’s been an issue. In Wednesday’s game though, we probably got the best collective bowling performance and apart from a catch that I dropped, the fielding too was really good. The collective effort came through. I’ve figured that it’s all about the mindset and it makes for an interesting comparison. In a 50-over game, for instance, when the required run rate is over 6, you always back yourself as a fielding team. But in a T20 game, you suddenly feel it’s not much and at least 8.5 per over is needed to be relatively safe. I think the increase in T20 cricket and the mindset changes it is consistently producing is definitely going to affect one-day cricket, especially the run chases. From time to time, we’ve had 300-plus chases, even a successful 400-plus once, and that’s going to become more common now. Otherwise, in one-day cricket, because you have a lot more overs to play out, batsmen tend to think, ‘if I get out now, the pressure will be on the team and the batsmen that follow’. Here, if you have wickets in hand, you can afford to bat a lot more freely and more often than not, you also seem to ride the luck? Maybe fortune does favour the brave! And the converse is equally true. When you’re in the dumps and have 126 to defend, if say, after 30 overs a team requires six runs an over, you still back yourself, and say, we can do it. That’s the kind of mindset you’ll have to adapt to in a T20 game. The main difference is in things happening at a crazy pace in T20 cricket. You don’t have time to think. When Chennai were cruising at 60-0, I’m sure the batters waiting in the dugout weren’t thinking about how they’d have to bat. But three quick wickets and two overs changed the game in a flash. You know, I’ve actually batted more in the last eight IPL matches than in eight 50-over games on the trot. When I realise that, it really feels strange. You would think that a No. 10 bat in a T20 game has no chance of batting but that’s not true. Weirdly, I can’t remember when I last batted so much in a one-day series. Then again, the teams that do well in T20 have to have their top-order firing. If anyone has time to prepare, it’s those guys. That is why Mohali are riding high on Shaun Marsh, Sanath’s been fantastic for Mumbai, Chennai were on a roll when Hayden and Hussey were there, Fleming also has given Chennai some good starts. And of course, whenever Delhi wins, the top three get the runs. In fact, when you play Delhi, most opposition bowlers would figure, get Gautam and Viru out early and put them under pressure. For the rest, it’s tough to come out and whack the ball all over the place, as many of them haven’t had decent hits in the middle. Yusuf Pathan’s innings against Kolkata was an exception, a blinder. Anyway, our win and Mumbai’s narrow loss to Mohali have probably upset a few people and encouraged others. Maybe Kolkata has a chance now and Delhi has to really win their games to keep themselves safe. Rajasthan meanwhile are obviously up there. The big difference in them is that they’ve really come together as a team, where everyone’s contributing at different times. Like Kaif, who hadn’t got a look in otherwise, came good when it mattered in the last game. He played really well. Warne not only has won them games with his leadership and bowling but with bat too. Shane Watson has been in great form. Yusuf has been brilliant, as has been Graeme Smith. Asnodkar has done very well. It’s clear that the best-drilled teams are the ones that will do well in this format. Only Jaipur, plus Mumbai to an extent, is a unit where everyone’s had the opportunity to take their team to the finish line. Bangalore IPL player & India Test skipper

Kumble enjoying Twenty20 experience Surprisingly, it took Anil Kumble six matches to break his wicket drought in the IPL. But once he castled Jaipur’s Asnodkar, there has been no stopping him. G Krishnan reports. More... ‘I needed to rethink on how to bowl in this version’ G Krishnan, Hindustan Times Chennai, May 22, 2008 First Published: 23:59 IST(22/5/2008) Last Updated: 00:17 IST(23/5/2008) Surprisingly, it took Anil Kumble six matches to break his wicket drought in the IPL. But once he castled Jaipur’s Swapnil Asnodkar — his first victim — there has been no stopping him. The India Test skipper is now back to making those crucial breakthroughs and the number is swelling with every game. After his one-wicket spell against Jaipur, Kumble struck twice against Delhi, but it was his three strikes against Chennai on Wednesday that steered Bangalore to a rare win. A measly spell of 4-0-14-3 was enough to win the Man-of-the-Match award. “It was a very important win for us, Kumble told HT on Thursday before leaving for Bangalore. “We failed to win in our last five attempts and were right at the bottom. We needed that kind of a fillip. When they reached 60 without loss, we needed some luck, which we have lacked throughout the tournament.” The 37-year-old said that despite struggling initially, he knew he would claim that first wicket at one stage or the other. I decided that I needed to rethink on how to bowl in this version, and I also knew that a wicket had to come at some stage. I was perhaps thinking a couple of steps ahead. Even in T20, it is important to bowl normally. You have to bowl to a good line and length. Though more good balls are put away in this version than any other. But if you keep bowling good balls, wickets will eventually come your way.” India’s highest wicket-taker in the longer version of the game said that he has been enjoying the T20 experience. “It was a bit tough initially, but the experience has been good. The best part of a T20 game is that you don’t actually feel like you have played a game! Of course, you have to be pumped up and intense throughout because of the nature of this version, but physically, it is not too demanding. “It has been great fun, the atmosphere has been terrific, playing under lights in front of full houses.” With youngsters like Piyush Chawla and Amit Mishra enjoying some success in the tournament, does it mean spinners of this variety necessarily succeed in T20? “I don’t think you can read too much into it,” he replied. “Leg-spinners are attacking bowlers, they always look for wickets. Probably people have figured out how to bowl in this format, which is why the scores have come down a little bit as well,” Kumble explained. “It has also to do with the wickets getting a little slower. If you look at it, barring that brilliant innings by McCullum, all batsmen have struggled, especially in Bangalore.”

Jumbo luvs cricket...whether its test or ODI or now T20. Once he is into wickets, he will definitely make a big big difference in the results. But this time he got the touch a bit late, rather very very late. Above all, he is the one to be watched and learnt from to put regular and sincere efforts irrespective or rewards or punishments. :hatsoff: to him!

Excited about possible Bangalore squad Pietersen/Ryder Uthappa Dravid Ross Taylor Kohli Goswami Akhil/? Praveen Kumar Kumble Steyn Bracken No Kallis, Boucher, Chanderpaul, White, Misbah...looks good. The batting order might not be what I have in mind. But, the squad looks much better than last year's. Pietersen, Ryder, Taylor and Bracken will make a lot of difference if they are all available at least for 7-8 matches.

Well....Good luck to B'lore...I hope Mallya is not disappointed this time around...also I will support B'lore... I was brought up there......best place in India...:two_thumbs_up: ...but will be very tough situation for me if the IPL final will be between RC & Kingsxi...:pray:
:two_thumbs_up:

The Official Banglore Royal Challegers Supporters Thread !!!

Royal Challengers Bangalore

l18531527726_8443.jpg

Coach: Ray Jennings Captain: Rahul Dravid Colours: Red and Golden Yellow Founded: 2008 Home Ground: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Capacity: 55,000 Owner: UB Group CEO: Brijesh Patel Official Website:

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Squad 2009-10 [table="head]No| Player| Category| Cost-US$| Country 19| Rahul Dravid| Batsman ©| $1,035,000| India 09| Mark Boucher| Batsman/WK| $450,000| South Africa 06| S. Chanderpaul| Batsman| $200,000| West Indies 07| Wasim Jaffer| Batsman| $150,000| India 27| Bharat Chipli| Batsman| $50,000| India 66| Devraj Patil | Batsman| $50,000| India 21| Ross Taylor| Batsman| $100,000| New Zealand 36| S.Goswami| Batsman/WK| $30,000| India 03| Jacques Kallis| All Rounder| $900,000| South Africa 05| Virat Kohli| All Rounder| $300,000| India 10| Anil Kumble| Bowler| $500,000| India 13| Nathan Bracken| Bowler| $325,000| Australia 02| Dale Steyn| Bowler| $325,000| South Africa 18| Cameron White| Bowler| $500,000| Australia 77| B.Akhil| Bowler| $50,000| India 03| KP Appanna| Bowler| $50,000| India 14| J.Arunkumar| Bowler| $50,000| India 24| Sunil Joshi| Bowler| $50,000| India 23| Ranganath Kumar| Bowler| $50,000| India 08| Praveen Kumar| Bowler| $300,000| India 41| Abdur Razzak| Bowler| $120,000| Bangladesh -| Robin Utthappa| Batsman| Swap| India -| Kevin Pietersen| Batsman| $1,550,000| England -|Jesse Ryder| Batsman| $160,000| New Zealand [/table]

FAIL
Dravid did his job well last year. I think he should be ok especially if he doesn't open. AK wasn't that good but he is still as good as any Ranji bowler playing in the IPL. BRC swapped ZK with Uthappa so we will have to play Steyn, Bracken, AK, and PK in almost all matches.