The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

zen

That is not ruthlessness.   

Ruthlessness is the ability to remove people you don't dislike ...  if it is good for the performance of the team.
He's too much of an idiot politician to do that.
See what can of worms got opened when he Dropped Mr. Rohit ritika sajdeh from Test Squad.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

See what can of worms got opened when he Dropped Mr. Rohit ritika sajdeh from Test Squad.

That " can "  was waiting to be opened anyway.  Every prominent player wants to be the captain of India ... Rohit has the CV too, being the winning captain of a big IPL franchise.

Kohli's immature captaincy, strange team selections, inability to identify proper talent,  tactical ineptitude, changing field positions after every ball etc.  are the main reasons why his captaincy was being questioned by most people.  

The twin losses in SA and England made those questions louder.

If not Rohit, it would have been someone else trying to step in.

The only way to thwart this is to identify proper talent, introduce them ruthlessly and deliver results in big tournaments / series.  But Kohli is allowing mediocre players to come in and harming his captaincy longevity instead.

If a captain is not a great tactician then he must get in a lot of high quality talent.  Only the great tacticians and great mentors can get mediocre players to perform ... and Kohli is not one of them.

Edited by express bowling

That can was waiting to be opened anyway.  Every prominent player wants to be the captain of India ... Rohit has the CV too, being the winning captain of a big IPL franchise.

Kohli's immature captaincy, strange team selections, inability to identify proper talent,  tactical ineptitude, changing field positions after every ball etc.  are the main reasons why his captaincy was being questioned by most people.  

The twin losses in SA and England made those questions louder.

If not Rohit, it would have been someone else trying to step in.

The only way to thwart this is to identify proper talent, introduce them ruthlessly and deliver results in big tournaments / series.  But Kohli is allowing mediocre players to come in and harming his captaincy longevity instead.
It's a Schrodinger's cat situation.
Regardless what happens, he would've lost captaincy - despite his aptitude.
Just the way Kohli helped Manohar faction to remove Dhoni and get the captaincy for herself, the Ambani Backed Rohit too would've wanted the captaincy at one point of time.

And no - all these ruthlessness would've cost him like what Happened to Dada.
Uparse Kohli is a legit idiot and

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

It's a Schrodinger's cat situation.
Regardless what happens, he would've lost captaincy - despite his aptitude.
Just the way Kohli helped Manohar faction to remove Dhoni and get the captaincy for herself, the Ambani Backed Rohit too would've wanted the captaincy at one point of time.

And no - all these ruthlessness would've cost him like what Happened to Dada.
Uparse Kohli is a legit idiot and

No captain has ever lost captaincy when his team has performed in big series / big tournaments.  No matter what the background power scenario is.

Both Dada and Dhoni's performances had dipped as captains before they were replaced.

Kohli is still the captain ...  and if he manages to win in Australia and the WC 2019 ... he will remain.

If he loses ...  only then will the backing scenario come in , that is, only the heavily backed captains and players manage to stay despite mediocre performances.

10 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

I really don't think they give a damn.  And there will always be suckers like me who, no matter what, will tune in to Willow TV at unearthly hours to watch this team play.  

Don't you get bored of watching the same set of players? I have yet to watch in this series and I don't think I am going to watch it, may follow scores online and that's it. 

20 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Why would you not continue with the same team? People have been arguing about continuity, giving a player a number of games to settle and prove himself etc. Now they are doing that and getting criticized for not making changes after only one test.

Nothing against not continuing the same team if it is the best possible 11 .... Here at least Siraj, who is in form, could have played :dontknow:

19 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Don't you get bored of watching the same set of players? I have yet to watch in this series and I don't think I am going to watch it, may follow scores online and that's it. 

Like I said, I am a gullible sucker for cricket.  Having lived through the early '90s in the US with no access to Indian cricket coverage, I lap it up like a thirsty puppy.  After all the guys who are playing are also part of the Indian cricket team.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Nothing against not continuing the same team if it is the best possible 11 .... Here at least Siraj, who is in form, could have played :dontknow:

More Chance of ziva getting his debut in Ranchi than Siraj ,Saini getting theirs

So its all gloomy for them

#NoCountry ForYoungMen

They too should jump on to the MeToo campaign and allege Dhongi and shastri for molesting them..only way we and these poor guys can get rid of them for now

Who carez jab wo aropo se bari honge sala

33 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Why would you not continue with the same team? People have been arguing about continuity, giving a player a number of games to settle and prove himself etc. Now they are doing that and getting criticized for not making changes after only one test.

For how long?  Plus, the same team concept is contingent upon having the right team in the first place.  Not all leashes have to be the same length, and at some point, it must be yanked.  

3 hours ago, zen said:

We are talking about 2 consecutive tests. In essence we have 2 new openers. Not time for inserting Mayank Agarwal just yet. If we were going to do that, then he should have gone in instead of Shaw for the first test. Siraj-I get the emotion of having him start in Hyderabad. However, it isn’t a slam dunk choice. Arguably Shami and Umesh are still ahead in the pecking order. All I am saying is that the selectors made reasonable decisions. It’s us fans who vary too much. ☺️ Sometimes we want stability and other times we want to get the new guy in now. 

3 hours ago, Brainfade said:

For how long?  Plus, the same team concept is contingent upon having the right team in the first place.  Not all leashes have to be the same length, and at some point, it must be yanked.  

We are just talking two tests. We have a new opening bat combo, a pretty green wicket keeper, a new 3rd spinner, a different pace combo from England....it’s not like these are a bunch of 80 year olds who won’t quit

7 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

You are out here blaming the wrong person. Blame the person who appointed Shastri which is bambi mafia lobby aka Tendulkar. That is the rot cause of the problem. No Tendy intervention would mean no Shastri which would mena no Kohli coddling and no shastri-kohli duo doing whatever they want

Tendulkar insisted that captain should get his choice at all costs.This was because when he was captain he didnt get that ..and was saddled by kapil dev and madan lal.Unfortunately he also had a good relationship with shastri and so does kohli.